Search Unity

Bug Custom Specular Occlusion does not work well in Deferred Render.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by CihanGurbuz, Jul 22, 2021.

1. CihanGurbuz

CihanGurbuz

2. thomasluce

thomasluce

Usually banding like that is caused by some problem with either the initialization and re-use of variables in a fragment shader, or some value going out of bounds and getting clipped. You could test for the second on by saturating the output before plugging it into your master node to at least quickly rule it out/gather more info. I'm assuming you're still using shadergraph so I would be surprised if the generated code ran afoul of variable initialization and re-use issues, but you never know. Have you tried this in other versions of Unity and/or URP/HDRP?

3. CihanGurbuz

CihanGurbuz

@thomasluce
    Hi.
    I haven't tried any other versions other than hdrp. but i tried it on the highest version of hdrp, still the result was the same. In addition to this shader scheme, I intervene in the reflection lighting multiplier option in the indirect light controller option in the volume profile. I set this option to 16 (quite high) this is what makes the actual distortion. If I don't mess with this setting it's fine but what I want to do seems to be missing.

4. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment