Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Skyboxes in HDRP without cubemaps

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Enzi, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Enzi

Enzi

Has anyone custom skyboxes running in HDRP? All I want is to make the 3d skybox working again which was a seperate room rendered by a SkyCamera.

Before HDRP it was rendering the sky layer and then the world which opened up a lot of tricks to be used. In HDRP we shouldn't use camera depth layers. Why? Because the performance tanks as it's not made for multiple passes.
    So it seems I have to use the HDRi sky but this only uses cubemaps or cubemap parameters.
    When rendering to cubemaps in realtime the performance tanks again. Ok, same case as I mentioned before with camera depth layers.
    This doesn't seem to be the case with Reflection Probes. They don't tank my performance but I can only render into a Texture of the type cube.

But HDRi sky doesn't take a cube texture as input and playing around with Shadergraph I'm also not finding anything to render my cube texture.
    So how can I get this working?

Best thing would be to have a seperate material to have the skybox reflected but I'm okay with having the standard skybox too.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!