Search Unity

Custom Segment Examples

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by mpinol, Nov 6, 2015.

1. mpinol

mpinol

I will be sporadically adding segment examples here, if you have any of your own that you think are particularly interesting or clever please feel free to share them! I hope these will be helpful so let me know if you have any other questions or require some clarifications.

Segment Usage Example

You want to know how many players in various geographic regions are playing your game so that you can make informed decisions about adding different language options or maybe making some changes to your game that might make it more usable for peoples in that region.

Create a new segment on the Segment Builder page then enter the name and description of that area name.

Then set the include toggle to ‘ANY’ and then add a ‘User’s country is’ rule for each of the countries in the desired geographic region. This will cause all players from any of these countries to fall into this segment.

To expand on how to use the toggles, 'ALL' means that a player must meet all Rule criteria to fall into the segment, 'ANY' means that a player that meets any Rule criteria will fall into the segment, and 'NONE' means that only a player that meets none of the Rule criteria will fall into the segment.

On the Data Explorer page you would then be able to view the data for any metrics or Custom Events for only users in this geographic region.
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 4.36.45 PM.png