Search Unity

Custom property list does not copy over to xcode build.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Nemial, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Nemial

Nemial

I have changed the .plist to a .txt extension and tried putting it in both Assets/Resources and Assets/Plugins/iOS but to no avail it does not appear in the xCode file browser or have any reference to it. Should i be using XML instead?

2. cbaltzer

cbaltzer

This also supports a few other extensions (.xib), but seems like not .plist. Try Assets/StreamingAssets/ instead. I can't remember if those show up in the Xcode project or not, off the top of my head.

3. Smilediver

Smilediver

There's no way to add files to Xcode project itself, except those mentioned by cbaltzer. If you simply want to open files during runtime, then put them in Assets/Resources folder. Items there are always included in your builds, and they can be accessed in runtime as normal files.

4. Nemial

Nemial

Assets/Resources you say? as a .plist or .txt? because whereas the unity player can find the plist and get data from it running it through xCode on a device can't. I am using this to read in my plist.

5. Smilediver

Smilediver

If you put your assets in Assets/Resources, they will be packed into assets file, so I'm not sure you can access them using standard File and other C# API. But you can load that file using Resources.Load as a TextAsset and get the file contents using either .text for .bytes properties. IIRC file extension doesn't matter.