Search Unity

Custom properties for a Scene in a Map Select

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Sethtek_Dev, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Sethtek_Dev

Sethtek_Dev

Hello,

I am trying to make a map select for my game. It's using a mod system that will import an asset bundle, and load everything. But my problem comes with the map select.

Sure, I can take the list of scenes and add them to my UI list for the map select. Then simply set the title for the map to the scene name. But that is not what I'm looking for.

Details: Map Details to be more specific.
    I am trying to figure out a way to let the user specify a name, description, version, thumbnail[Sprite] (and other variables) for that certain Scene(map).

Then I can take that data, and populate the list with that. The concept works good, but the problem is actually Accessing the scene so I can load it into the game. (I'm using a multi scene setup. One main scene that loads another one into the main scene.)

I thought I could simply use ScriptableObjects to store the data, catch all of the ScriptableObjects with the MapInfo type, and populate the list with them. Inside the objects, I thought I could set the scene, then access it in order to load it. That didn't work. :(

If you need more information, I'd be glad to get it for you.

Regards, Sethtek Dev.