Search Unity

Bug Custom post processing and Camera stacking

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by AcidArrow, Jan 5, 2023.

1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Is this a bug or has something changed? (I don't see anything relevant in the upgrade guide).

It seems having 1 camera with a OnPre / OnPostRender postFX script and then another camera on top (with Depth clear), no longer works for built in in 2022 and 2023 and console keeps spamming this:
    Is this a bug, or is this setup not supposed to work any more?

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Also, I'm not sure why it says it's specific to iOS, I can also recreate the issue on Standalone.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

If a Unity developer passes by, I would be interested to know if restructuring the post effect stack around commandbuffers would likely make camera stacking work.

It is a non trivial amount of work and I don't want to spend the time just to find out that it's still not working properly.

7. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

upload_2024-3-29_21-12-54.png

I got proposed a workaround that doesn't work. I was told to add something that also blits to null in the stacked camera, but now the bottom camera doesn't show in the final image.

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I'm fully open to suggestions at this point.

I have one camera with an OnPreRender and OnPostRender that does a bunch of blits and then a blit to null.

Then I have a camera that renders on top that has some of our own GUI elements.

If I attempt to rework this, what method would work?

I'm using built-in and have used this method since Unity 4, and it stopped working in 2022+, and I'm not sure what approach is supposed to work in modern Unity.