Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom pivot in sprite sheet

Discussion in '2D' started by Mish, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Mish

Mish

I have tried using Texture Packer and their Unity export format. Everything works except I can only set the pivot point to some fixed values (top, center etc) if I try to change to pivot point in Unity the settings get overwritten by the Texture Packer file (.tpsheet).

Does anyone know of a way to be able to set a custom pivot point on some frames or perhaps a different sprite sheet tool which allows this?

2. TomasJ

TomasJ

If TexturePacker integration doesn't support arbitrary pivots, then you should ask the developer to implement that :)

Unity had support for this but TexturePacker's scripts will overwrite you changes upon import. Try editing the generated meta file and changing pivot values in there(juck).

3. pixelmagetoby

pixelmagetoby

If you delete the .tpsheet file you can change your pivots, of course this will be stepped on if you re-export your texture packer file, but if you are not making many changes to your art it will already be imported. We created a custom unity command to set our pivots and delete the .tpsheet files.

4. CodeAndWeb

CodeAndWeb

You can simply disable overwriting pivots in the Unity's preferences. Just untick the "Always import pivot points".

Unity_Preferences_und_Untitled_-_TP_Unity_Test_-_iPhone__iPod_Touch_and_iPad__Personal_.png

We've already planned to add a full pivot point editor with one of the next versions.

5. francoiscoiscois

francoiscoiscois

I know it is an old post. But I have the same problem and don't see the texturePacker appear in my unity Preferences. How can I access this option? thank you!

6. Dreoh

Dreoh

I also need to know where to find this option

7. CodeAndWeb

CodeAndWeb

We've changed this quite some time ago. The current TexturePacker and Importer plugin use the settings from TexturePacker's Sprite settings tab.

2020-02-14_08-29-41.png

unityunity