Search Unity

Custom Package with Scriptable Object Missing Script Issue [Help]

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DouglasPotesta, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DouglasPotesta

DouglasPotesta

So I made a custom package for Unity 2018.4.0f1 LTS, a local one.
    I followed the package layout convention and divided up my package accordingly.
    I put my editor related assets and code in the editor folder, and my runtime related things in the runtime folder.
    I then added the assembly definition files, and followed those conventions for the package as well.
    In my runtime folder I have a class that inherits from scriptable object, that allows me to create them using the create asset menu. I have a custom inspector for it that is in the editor folder of the custom package. In runtime folder I created one of this custom scriptable object. In the original project it displays correctly. The asset sits next to the assembly definition.
    When I add the custom package to a new project through the package manager, the scriptable object asset says it is missing its script. I can right click and create a new one, but my previous one included in the custom package always claims it is missing a script.

I know that the conventions above were only added in the Unity 2019 documentation, so I am worried that it may be that custom packages are not fully supported in 2018.4 LTS.

;tldr
    -Made a custom package with a custom scriptable object and it doesn't work when added to new projects.
    -Worried custom packages are not fully supported in 2018.4 LTS

2. DouglasPotesta

DouglasPotesta

I haven't found a solution yet, but I started installing the latest 2018.4 LTS update, and I also downloaded the latest 2019 release. I will try it in those and report my results here.

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

This should work fine. Can you share an example? Did you also include the .meta files with the scripts etc?

4. DouglasPotesta

DouglasPotesta

Well this is embarrassing.
    ClassName: public class ReadMe : ScriptableObject
    FileName: Readme.cs
    I even checked if I spelled them differently earlier, but somehow I missed the case difference.
    It is working now that I matched them up.

karl_jones likes this.
  5. DouglasPotesta

DouglasPotesta

Mods feel free to delete this thread. This was a dumb mistake on my part. :oops: