Search Unity

Custom Model For arkit facial remote

Discussion in 'AR' started by moliminous, Oct 28, 2018.

1. moliminous

moliminous

so I'm using the arkit remote found here:
    but I'm struggling now to actually get it to work with my character, I have all the blendshapes done, but I think my structure is different. my model is all in one, do i need to separate the head from the rest of it while having it still under the same prefab?
    to better illustrate what i mean here are some screenshots
    EDIT: i have seprated the face blends from the model and truncated them however now i'm

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. moliminous

moliminous

Update, i have separated the blends from the rest of the model as the test slot is but, now i'm getting some pretty strange errors.
    here are the screenshots
    EDIT: (kinda) SOLVED. I keep post like these up because i'm 100% certain my short comings will help others.
    make sure to remove the original Sloth head otherwise it will give those errors. as well looks like the blendshape names are different from the official Apple ones, so base your blendshapes on the sloth naming i guess. if that's not the case i will report back

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. moliminous

moliminous

I can see a difference between my model and theirs in the over-rides section the blenshapes are there, but they don't appear to do that for me? i can't add or take away any. any help?

4. moliminous

moliminous

whelp figured that out, the documentation is off, it seems like it was written with an older model as a lot of things are different but apparently, a few redundant steps were needed. however, now i'm simply getting a lot of issues in related to blendshapes not existing. so far only blink and jaw wide open i think are working. and yes there is a slight name change difference between a few blendshapes, but the vast majority are the same, so it seems strange

5. saharaseeri

saharaseeri

Hello,

I am facing the same problem! did you get this work?