Search Unity

Custom Logger. Double Clicking on Log does not bring me to the line in MonoDevelop.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by GarthSmith, Nov 10, 2017.

1. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Hello!

Our team has a custom logger that we use instead of UnityEngine.Debug.Log. This custom logger prints a message to the console using UnityEngine.Debug.Log. Since the custom logger had been compiled to a DLL, we could double click on that console message and go to that line of code in MonoDevelop.

It had recently broke for some of the developers here. Double clicking the console message doesn't do anything. It used to open that line of code in MonoDevelop.

Does anyone know why double clicking is no longer opening the code in MonoDevelop? All the programmers are using OSX so maybe it's related to that? It still works as expected on for me with VS on Win10.

Thanks for any tips!

Example: Double clicking this log brings me to Localization.cs line 397 on my VS with Win10. This no longer does anything for the other programmers using MonoDevelop on OSX. LogIt is a class inside a DLL.
    upload_2017-11-10_11-4-40.png

Attached Files:

2. anuragaofl

anuragaofl

@Garth-Smith Did you ever resolve this? I'm facing the same issue, specifically on OSX (works fine on Windows).

3. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

I unfortunately did not.

I develop on Windows so I haven't spent the time to fix this. I have an OSX laptop I could use for test, but truthfully this is pretty far down my priority list.