Search Unity

Question Custom Landmark

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by ntvd1207, Jan 9, 2021.

1. ntvd1207

ntvd1207

My AR application will be used in allot of plain white wall type areas. And I want tracking to be improved. So im assuming I could use image tracking to be a parent for children proxies. But even better (i think) i could use a landmark for better tracking for angles due to 3d data right?

That said, can I make a 3d object (via 3D print) to produce a good trackable landmark, and use that to spawn child proxies?

Please correct me if im going about this wrong. The mix and match for terminology in Mars is killing me. And people are claiming 3d object tracking isn't in Mars, but if it does image detection, isn't that the same thing but on a 3d object?

2. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

Yes, image tracking is about tracking the plane with your image in 3D, so you get rotation and all.

It's just that it's on a shape that's known to be a plane, and is an image with enough certain kind of features. Object tracking can track something which is not a plane, but a shape like a car .. which I guess may not have any big planes facing the viewers.

You can put images on the wall to track it nicely.

I'm also curious though whether it could work to anchor content to a room by recognizing the wall geom and tracking it.