Search Unity

Feature Request Custom ID Provider is needed

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Neohun, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Neohun

Neohun

Hi,
    I have read the documents for "Authentication" and realized that gaming services allow for facebook, apple, google and stream options but there is no custom ID option such as an account that is created specific to the game company with email address and password as email ending independent. Like playfab account I mean.
    Why is there no such option and will there be? It is kinda important to know whether to switch to unity..

kmowers and cactus170 like this.
  2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Neohun

Thanks for sharing your question.

The Authentication services is still in Beta and we are working hard to add additional authentication providers, but at the moment we don't provide the ability to login with email and password.

If you have a little bit of time, it would help us if you can take a few minutes to fill out our survey to provide a bit more info on your use case for username/password:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZuGPxWdmm2U5Hi7EYL9rCHZ1VHySh5SChz4E8Iu4yAQHF6A/viewform

3. Neohun

Neohun

Hi, thanks for your reply,
    we can see it out of beta in June right? because that what was written on the dashboard.. and if it can be an option I mean email login it'll be super useful for us for future flexibility to connect with our own IAP system..

4. cactus170

cactus170

hello

No custom id provider was found in the GA release.
    Do you have any plans to add it in the future?
    If I can't authenticate with any token, I can't benefit from UGS.

Think

5. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello Neohun, Hi cactus170,

Thank you so much for your feedback!
    We are currently working on Open ID Connect support; this feature will allow you to integrate with your OIDC-compliant provider. The ETA for this is around mid-August.

Best regards,
    Cheng

cactus170 likes this.
  6. Krnitheesh16

Krnitheesh16

Hi,
    When we can get Custom Id Authentication on UGS?

7. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone,

I would like to share that Unity Authentication now supports Bring Your Own Identity (BYOI). For our first release, you can now integrate your OpenID Connect compliant identity providers (ex: Firebase, AWS Cognito, Epic Online Games) with Unity Authentication.

The OIDC Support Documentation can be found here: API and SDK.

We are currently exploring options to further extend our BYOI capabilities. Here are some options that we are considering:
    • Server to Server JWT token exchange to integrate your custom identity solution with Unity Authentication
    • Client to Server Login so that the player can log in with your custom Id from the game client
    • SAML Support
    • Platform-specific support
    Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

Best regards,
    Cheng

HernandoNJ and kmowers like this.
  8. ccfoo242

ccfoo242

I'm quite a noob about the various auth standards. Since Azure supports OpenID Connect, could I somehow use Unity Authentication in my game and pass the user info to a web api hosted in azure that is used to save and load content?

9. Krnitheesh16

Krnitheesh16

Hi, @chengg_unity, I need some docs regarding Unity Authentication with Firebase OpenId Connect (OIDC).
    Please provide me with any link!!

10. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @ccfoo242 ,
    Could you please elaborate a bit on your use case?
    I am not sure OIDC is required if you wish to exchange Unity Authentication user info with Azure.

11. chengg_unity

chengg_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @Krnitheesh16 ,
    Please refer to the following links (API and SDK) on how to set up and configure OIDC identity providers.

12. ccfoo242

ccfoo242

Hi @chengg_unity,
    Here's what I'd like to do. I will have a custom REST api running in azure that will serve up levels. It will also store levels that users create. When they are ready to share their levels with others (or everyone) then it will allow that as well. So, I was wondering how to tie together Unity auth with that, so I know the people hitting the api are actually playing the game and not just messing with it. I also need some kind of user context that I can use to store people's custom levels and not allow anyone else to edit them. I'm still in the dark as to how exactly I will setup azure AD for this and want to make sure whatever I do can work with Unity auth. I'm also thinking about how to allow cross platform access so you can get to your levels using steam, android, or ios.

Is that something doable? If so, is there any info out there on how, or at least can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Steve

13. ccfoo242

ccfoo242

So, I think I had it backwards. Currently, Unity Auth supports other ODIC providers. What I was trying to do was use Unity Auth as the OIDC provider. So, I'll play around with azure to see if I can get my test app setup with Azure as the OIDC provider.

chengg_unity likes this.
  14. Okroyan

Okroyan

Hi all. I tried using OpenID authentication, but I'm having trouble with it.
    I want my users to create a firebase account with email and password, and then I use that account to login to UGS using OpenID (the UGS documentation makes it clear that this is possible)

Here is what I did:
    1) created a new OpenID provider inside Dashboard with these parameters
    • OIDC Name: google
    • Client ID: OAuth 2.0 Client ID from the Google Cloud console, which was generated automatically after the firebase project was created
    • OIDC Issuer (URL): https://accounts.google.com
    2) In the game itself, I have a successful authorization in firebase, and then I try to call SignInWithOpenIdConnectAsync method with params:
    • "oidc-google" for idProviderName param
    • [accessToken] field of my firebase user for idToken param
    3) Here is the error I am getting from UGS:
    [Authentication]: Request failed: 401, {"title":"PERMISSION_DENIED","detail":"invalid issuer","details":[],"status":401}

I don't have much experience with things like this, so I understand that I could make a stupid mistake. Perhaps someone can give me advice.

Lpesign and Krnitheesh16 like this.