Search Unity

Custom Hands not working for Oculus Rift Development

Discussion in 'VR' started by unity_XgDuEKuxFCtS4A, Jan 16, 2020.

1. unity_XgDuEKuxFCtS4A

unity_XgDuEKuxFCtS4A

Hey there I am making a vr game for one of my school projects and am fairly new to unity and game development in general. I have been following tutorials and other forum posts to try and get it working but for some reason it just won't. I have put the custom left and right hands into my game at 0,0,0 and it still won't let me use them. I have set their parent transform to TrackingSpace and I have tried putting them under their respective anchor but it just won't work. Is there something I missed with the documentation or is it just a bug?

2. garindo2

garindo2

You have the last OCULUS SDK for unity ?,

3. christopherclarke

christopherclarke

I’m having the same issue in this latest update aarrgggh I’ve built my project exactly same as another one which works. The hands just sit on the ground and don’t follow the OVR player

4. christopherclarke

christopherclarke

Actually I just fixed this for me. It looks like the new version has changed the way the hands work. I now had to put each custom hand under the HandAnchor that sits under the TrackingSpace (Under OVRCameraRig)

5. kote09

kote09

Dude, thank you so much, that did the trick for me. I've spent two days trying to figure out what was wrong with my tracking.

6. Radicals270

Radicals270

To anyone still struggling with this issue, I fixed it on my project by going
    Menu/Toolbar --> Oculus -->Tools --> OpenXR --> "Switch to Legacy OVR Plugin"

And hands are back in the app!