Search Unity

Custom graph axis

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by vinipc, May 24, 2015.

1. vinipc

vinipc

Hi there,

I'm working on a puzzle game with various levels, and would like to know how long players usually take to complete each level and which levels they're mostly doing.
    I have a levelComplete event, which has two parameters: timeToComplete (float) and levelNumber(int). I would like to make graphs displaying the "levelNumber x average timeToComplete" and "levelNumber x number of times the level was completed", but I'm not sure how to go about doing this.
    Can anyone help me out?

2. elie-noune

elie-noune

Hi @vinipc,

Great question, thanks for posting it! You can easily look at these level stats with the Funnel Analyzer. For every level in your funnel, you can drill down into the metadata attached with the levelComplete event and see stats like the average completion time. The Funnel will automatically create a bar chart labeled with the number of players who completed each level, so you get that one out of the box.

When you create the funnel, make sure your custom event levelComplete has the levelNumber parameter as a string (not an integer), otherwise the funnel won't be functional. After some players complete the levels, you start seeing data in your funnel. You can then select the Parameters Overview option in the Drill Down menu at the bottom to look at the average completion time for each level. If you wish to see the data for all levels simultaneously, you can export the funnel data to a CSV file and look at it in your favorite Spreadsheet.

Cheers!

vinipc likes this.
  3. vinipc

vinipc

Thanks for the reply.
    But in this case... I'll have to change the levelNumber to a string. How do I delete previous data?

4. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @vinipc,

Unfortunately you can't delete previous data. We would recommend creating a new project with levelNumber as a string.

Thanks!