Search Unity

Custom Git Package with git-lfs not working

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by cg-adam, Aug 27, 2019.

1. cg-adam

cg-adam

I have created a new package which uses git-lfs, but Unity states it cannot run the command:

"Error when executing git command. git-lfs filter-process: git-lfs: command not found"

Any ideas how to resolve this?

2. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Can you give us a bit more details on your operating system?

Boris

3. npatch

npatch

I'm hitting a similar problem. I have this Git repository that contains the package and in it there are 2 pngs which are LFS tracked. The pngs have thumnails in the the Dashboard, so they seem to be ok in the server. It's just the download that fails("Could not create asset from Packages/com.<package-name>/Runtime/UI/openproject.png: File could not be read").

Using 2019.2.0f1 on Windows 10 and using a git URL with #<tag>.
    I've used this https://www.patreon.com/posts/25070968 to set up the repository. Everything else is properly exported. Also had a scene in the package and it works as expected. The pngs are missing references in the scene.

4. cg-adam

cg-adam

Sure. I am running Unity 2019.2.3f1, on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. I have SourceTree installed and git installed at a system level through the command line (was installed via brew I believe).

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@cg-adam, there was a bug that was fixed in 2019.3.a10. This was not backported in 2019.2. Would it be possible for you to try opening your project using 2019.3 beta to see if the issue is resolved? If it does, we will backport the fix.

Regards,

Pascal

6. cg-adam

cg-adam

I will try this today.

7. cg-adam

cg-adam

I have tried and it does seem to be able to pull the repo down now. However I am having issues with it maybe not pulling the LFS assets properly, they seem to stay as pointers instead of the actual assets. I will have to do some more tests though in a test repo to see if I can resolve it.

8. npatch

npatch

I can confirm that 2019.3.0b1 did not fix my issue as well. The error message stayed the same. What cg-adam suggests seems plausible.