Search Unity

Custom Events Data Visualization

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by matheus_mortatti, May 21, 2018.

1. matheus_mortatti

matheus_mortatti

Hello!

I'm currently trying to use Analytics in my game, however I can't find a way to properly visualize the data that it gives back to me.

For example, I might have a custom event that's called "Game Closed" that has a few parameters inside it like the time it spent inside the level (without counting menus and such). When I download the CSV with the data, it gives me:

First Column:
    Game Ended - All Current Users - session time - 00:03:00.1984120
    Game Ended - All Current Users - session time - 00:05:16.5152196
    ... and so on

Is there a way so that Unity gives me the session time value in a separate column? It seems useless having the data mixed with other string values, I'd have to parse all the data with a separate script when I could just be using Excel to generate the visualization for me.

Thank you!

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@matheus_mortatti

It sounds like you are viewing the string version of the Custom Event parameter. This view will show you the count of each of the values you have received. (So you will see how many players have sent the exact value of 00:03:00.1984120, which may not be very helpful for you in this case.)

If you switch to the numeric view, you can see the Count, Sum and Average of the numeric parameter:

numeric-view.PNG

3. RoopeshReddy

RoopeshReddy

Hi,

I am trying to analyze my application using custom events. I have two custom events called, clockwiseButtonPressed and antiClockwiseButtonPressed in which I try to send data of number of times each button was pressed. The problem I am facing is this event is getting triggered and shown in the validator of the event manager tab, but it's not available as a custom event to visualize data.

However to verify I am also using a standard event, game_start and it gets listed as a custom event in validator and also in data explorer. So could you help me on how to fix it and get my custom events also listed for data visualization.

Attached Files:

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@RoopeshReddy It can take our system 8-16 hours to process new events, so I would suggest waiting for some time for your Custom Events to show elsewhere in the Dashboard