Search Unity

Custom event analytics

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by VoidFish, Mar 19, 2015.

1. VoidFish

VoidFish

I was wondering if it's currently possible to see averages on special events. For example, one of my events is end level stats:
    • Parameters
    • Connected > false
    • Damage Done > 247
    • Deaths > 0
    • Kills > 85
    • Level > TutorialSpace
    • Powerups Collected > 2
    • Powerups Used > 3
    • Shots Fired > 610
    • Specials Collected > 4
    • Specials Used > 1

I would like to know, for level TutorialSpace what's the average shots fired across all players. Or what's the maximum powerups collected?

Better yet, the ability to have a graph for each level showing average deaths, so I could see where players are having trouble.

Is this currently possible?

2. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hey @DeadShawn,

Yes, currently it is possible to see the averages for parameters values of custom events using the Funnel Analyzer.

Once you're in the funnel view, you should see a section a drop down menu "Drilldown Type" - if you select "Parameters Overview," you'll be able to see the average values for your numeric parameters for each step in your funnel. Sample screenshot below: Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 8.18.46 PM.png
    We are working on an update to the existing visualization of custom events and parameter data, and once that's ready we'll post in the forum.

Thanks!

3. VoidFish

VoidFish

Ah, I see it now, thank you!

4. GS_Zaba

GS_Zaba

Hi ! I did everything as written here, but I don't see any result Снимок.PNG

5. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

@GS_Zaba

Looking at your data, there a few issues here. The most immediate — i.e., why your funnel has no data — is that in the event ChangeRoom you're sending parameter strings for leave and enter, but your funnel is looking for "any number". You have a separate event, ChangeRoom2, which uses numerical values. Since ChangeRoom > leave is never a number, no one ever enters your funnel.

Beyond this, the funnel structure is somewhat suspect. Funnels are entirely linear, and should be built with that in mind. Creating a funnel that specifies 'leaving any room, then entering any room' won't give you any useful information, except that everyone left and entered a room. I doubt you'd be able to break that data down in any sensible way. On the other hand, if you specified "leaving room 1, then leaving room 2, then leaving room 3, then leaving room 4..." you'd be able to look at a progression of which rooms people exited in that specific order.

Finally, just note that progression through a funnel happens at a maximum rate of one step per event. So an event that sends both leave and enter will only move the player forward a single step. You'll want to design your funnel with this in mind.

Hope that helps!