Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Custom event analytics work fine in editor but not in build (phone)

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by skyvuhieutran, May 29, 2019.

1. skyvuhieutran

skyvuhieutran

Hi guys!
    My my unity analytics custom event working very very fine (you can see picture below). But when I build apk, install and play, nothing send to dashboard, no event receive.
    Anyone know issues.
    Please help me. Many thanks!

Attached Files:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

It takes our system 8-16 hours to process new events. Events from a device would not be expected to show in the Validator.

3. skyvuhieutran

skyvuhieutran

Thanks for reply me!
    I have new issue.
    How can I delete some parameters (picture below, like to parameter in red rings for example).
    I deleted it in my script in oder to don't sent custom events like this. But I wonder if those parameters will automatically delete in the future!
    (Sorry I'm not good at english)

Attached Files:

4. skyvuhieutran

skyvuhieutran

And Hi JeffD. Can you support me one more question.
    I want to export csv file what Unity analytics with format VIEW AS TABLE (parameters is a column to the left and day is a row)
    Currently, when I export the file, the row always parameters and column is days :((((
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

That the current design. If you need additional data, you would need Raw Data Export, a Pro-only license feature https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html

6. skyvuhieutran

skyvuhieutran

Thank you.
    Can you help me this problem (the last question :( ). How can I remove some parameters of event ARhunt? Can Unity allow me to do that?

Attached Files:

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

No, there is not a way to remove parameters that you've already sent. You would want to ignore those parameters. Alternatively, you could create a new event with the correct parameters.

8. skyvuhieutran

skyvuhieutran

Thanks a lot.

9. Telso_Aristo

Telso_Aristo

@JeffDUnity3D Hey Jeff,

Having a similar problem.

The live data tracking works in editor, but after I push a build to iPhone. I get no live data from the app...

Is there a permission setting I'm missing to enable live data to be sent to the server on the device side?

thanks,
    tom

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Use Charles Proxy to confirm if events are being sent https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity Be sure to install the Charles Root Certificate (Help/SSL Proxying/Install Charles Root certificate) and REBOOT

unityunity