Search Unity

Custom Element Attribute for TreeAsset ... possible?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by mrSaig, Sep 4, 2020.

1. mrSaig

mrSaig

Hi,
    i have written a custom element, a dropdown for runtime ui and i really don't want to style it in a custom way inside the code to make it reusable ... so i thought maybe i can link a VisualTreeAsset ... so the code just takes it as a template and instantiates it for the "drop of the down" :D

long story short ... will something be possible like the following code? (currently its not obviously)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UxmlTypeAttributeDescription<VisualTreeAsset> dropDownMenuStyle = new UxmlTypeAttributeDescription<VisualTreeAsset> { name = "dropDownMenuStyle", defaultValue = null };
    so it'll be possible to drag and drop a visualTreeAsset into the attribute-field inside of UIBuilder?!

or is there even a way already implemented that i totally overlooked?

Cheers

2. Guedez

Guedez

mrSaig likes this.
  3. mrSaig

mrSaig

Look interesting, i'll have a look thx!
    But due too the frequent updates for the ui package it might not be very satifiying modifing this over and over again :/

4. JuliaP_Unity

JuliaP_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @mrSaig , I'm not sure I understood what you're trying to accomplish correctly but is there any reason why you can't create your own VisualElement extending class that has their own UxmlTraits, similar to EnumField (which is Editor only)?

5. mrSaig

mrSaig

The field shows up but with a string input field ... and not as i expected with a asset drag and drop field there i can set the uxml file.