Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Editor Inspector [Bug]

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by buFFalo94, Nov 5, 2018.

1. buFFalo94

buFFalo94

Hi there,
    Every time i select a custom inspector script containing "CanEditMultipleObjects" attribute i get this error
    This never happened to me in 2018.2 or 2018.3 i don't know if it's a bug or not.
    Edit : I've noticed this after adding an Assembly Definition file to the folder containing the said script

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Hi buFFalo94,
    It indeed looks like a bug. Can you open one using the bugreporter tool and put the number here, in this thread?
    Thanks for your help!
    Charles

3. buFFalo94

buFFalo94

Now it's only happen the first time you add a script after editor restart the problem is gone for good

4. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

that's quite strange, I'll ask QA to keep an eye on this!

5. huulong

huulong

Happened to me in Unity 2018.3.6f1 after adding my own Assembly Definitions to improve the project structure.
    I had imported the Fungus from the Asset Store, and needed to reference it in my project so I added various editor and non-editor assemblies. During the process I refreshed my project several times, leading to compilation errors as not all references were set.
    After finishing setting the last references, the project compiled again, but one editor script, WriterAudioEditor (custom inspector for WriterAudio), was not displaying correctly, showing "Multi-object editing not supported" (unlike buFFalo94, my script was indeed not supporting Multi-Edit, but I was only selecting a single object). In the console, the same error appeared than buFFalo94 described. But the script had the correct assembly and was in an Editor folder (although not Assets/Editor, but that shouldn't be a necessity).

After editor restart, the custom inspector worked properly.

6. JvanOpstal

JvanOpstal

I'm experiencing the same problem, also with editor scripts that are located in a folder with a Assembly Definition file.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report?

8. cnheider

cnheider

I experience the same.

9. schneckerstein

schneckerstein

Is there any update on this? I'm having the same problem with 2019.1.0f2.

Edit: Editor restart fixed it for me. Nevermind...

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

We're still lacking a bug report with actionable information. It would help a lot if you could submit a bug report with reproduction steps and if possible a reproduction project about this.

11. backfromexile

backfromexile

Since I had the same bug a few minutes ago in Unity 2019.1 I submitted a bug report (1172669) with the steps on how to reproduce the bug.

LeonhardP likes this.