Search Unity

Custom build?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Wawro01, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Wawro01

Wawro01

Hey guys

I have structure of groups which basically corresponds with my project structure. Like
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets-CarModels
    2. Assets-Buildings
    3. Assets-Enviroment
    4. Levels
    Advantage is when 3d artist add new car to folder , I can easily add it to proper group as well.
    Problem whit this is that I want to separate those assets to two parts, one will be local in buil and second on cdn downloaded later. I can create groups like that

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets-CarModels
    2. Assets-Buildings
    3. Assets-Enviroment
    4. Levels
    5. Tutorial-Assets-CarModels
    6. Tutorial-Assets-Buildings
    7. Tutorial-Assets-Enviroment
    8. Tutorial-Levels
    or I can crate custom build and custom schema that would leave first group structure and decide if Addressable asset is local or remote by it's tag. Is this possible?

Thanks

2. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Because you can only specify where to load a bundle (remote/local) by it's group schema, you have to use different groups for tutorial and remote assets. Depends on how you decide where the assets belongs to (manually, by address, by folder...), you can write an editor helper script to move the assets around to the right group. The importer may help.

3. HugoClip

HugoClip

Favo-Yang likes this.
  4. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

@HugoClip's approach also works (thanks for sharing the link). However to solve your specific problem it seems a bit over-engineering, but your call.

5. HugoClip

HugoClip

@Favo-Yang is right, if the only thing you require is different groups, remove and local I would just do it manually or use the importer.