Search Unity

Custom Blends in Cinemachine State driven

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by BergMarques, Sep 20, 2018.

1. BergMarques

BergMarques

Hi!

We are making a 2D game and the normal movement is to go up and down (Y axis). We're using a vcam1 to center the player in center of the screen with framing transposer, but just when the player in falling we change to vcam2 just to player see a little more where will fall.

The problem is: using Cinemachine State Driven Camera, we are trying to use custom blends with the childs (vcam1 and vcam2) for differents behaviours in the transitions. But, it seens not possible. I'm doing something wrong or that is the way cinemachine works? see the image above to better understanding.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You need to edit the blend settings while the StateDrivenCamera is selected. You can do that directly from the StateDrivenCamera's inspector. The inspector uses the current selection to populate the dropdowns.

3. BergMarques

BergMarques

Thanks for the reply!

I tried that you said. Using StateDrivenCamera's inspector, when I click in the arrow beside Custom Blend nothing is shown. And now, even selecting the state driven camera object, vcam1 and vcam2 is not showing too. :/

take a look in the image to see if I'm losting something

Attached Files:

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Well, that's very strange. It works for me. What is that little floating window with the blends in it? Can you close that window? Try to edit the blends *only* from the SDC inspector.

5. BergMarques

BergMarques

That window is floating just to show that even when the SDC is selected, vcam1 and vcam2 is not in the list.
    About blend from inspector, I said that this option is not showing to me: "I click in the arrow beside Custom Blend and nothing happen.

(now I'm not in my computer. I try more late)

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I understand that. Can you close that little floating window? Make it go away, and see what happens.

BergMarques likes this.
  7. BergMarques

BergMarques

So, I closed the window and nothing changed again.

But, I started a new project using 2D kit and now is showing everything. I really don't know what is different in our project.

We are using the latest version of cinemachine 2.2.7 and Unity 2018.2.6.