Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom AA setting without predefined QualityLevel?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Whimsical, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Whimsical

Whimsical

Here's a probably stupid question:
    Why is it possible to directly set most of the Quality Settings like anisotrophicFiltering or shadowCascades but not the level of Anti-Aliasing?
    I very much appreciate that you guys made it possible to change the AA level during runtime, but why do I have to use a predefined QualityLevel for it?! Have you guys just forgotten to put a public value into your QualitySettings class or is there a good reason for how it is done right now?
    Please make it accessible, or at least give us the ability to change the QualityLevel settings at runtime. If that is already possible, please let me know how. :) Thanks in advance.

2. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

I too would like to know why all of the quality variables aren't exposed. I would like to make my games using only one quality setting (fantastic) and simply change the individual parameters through scripting.

Exposing all the variables in the quality setting would help tremendously. In fact, exposing all the variables in every single Unity function (like the input manager) would be perfect. :)

3. andeeeee

andeeeee

You can request this feature using the Report Bug application.