Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. victornor

victornor

All material previews are empty

Attached Files:

2. victornor

victornor

Wow sorry, unity forums suck. I was on page 30, didn't notice my messages was going on page 31...

3. victornor

victornor

Instead of using the Amazing Assets/Curved World/Lit, i now used unlit at it seems to work.
    I'd like it to work for lit though?

4. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Looks like some-kind of Linux bug, or Unity shader compiler bug. In this case I can do nothing.
    You can report it to Unity (if you want). May be it is a known bug and they can offer solution.

[Edit]
    Curved World also can be integrated into shaders created using Shader Graph and Amplify Shader Editor (check Manual file page 45).
    You can try if such shaders work for you.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  5. Lee1384

Lee1384

Hello,

I'm using unity 2022.2.19f and urp 14.0.7 and I'm having a problem with the decal projector not working properly on the terrain with the Curved World.

When I enabled the 'Use Rendering Layers' of the decal render feature, the decal is not drawn on the terrain.

Could you tell me the solution to solve this issue?

Thank you,
    Lee.

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity 2022 is not supported yet. It is in development.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  7. prxxxy

prxxxy

2021.3.6f1 LTS

8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Update to the latest 2021.3.x LTS version.
    Remove CW from project, clear Asset Store cache folder (Amazing Assets subfolder) and after that re-download asset using Package Manager.

9. prxxxy

prxxxy

2021.3.11f1 doesn't work either - what one worked for you?

10. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Why not using the latest version (Unity 2021.3.27)?

Check ReadMe file inside installer folder, it look like you are using asset designed for Unity 2020.3. It is not compatible with Unity 2021.3

11. prxxxy

prxxxy

Is there a newer version I need to be using? I just hit redownload on the package manager
    upload_2023-6-19_18-10-9.png

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Update to the latest 2021.3.x LTS version.
    Remove CW from project, clear Asset Store cache folder (Amazing Assets subfolder) and after that re-download asset using Package Manager.

13. prxxxy

prxxxy

Okay so it is working fine with 2021.3.11f Built In
    But I am needing HDRP I have downloaded 2021.3.27f1 LTS but still no luck
    and also tried this

14. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Which Unity version is mentioned in the ReadMe file? Still using asset for Unity 2020.3?

15. prxxxy

prxxxy

this is the read me file im using the latest LTS for 2021.3

16. prxxxy

prxxxy

I have downloaded the latest asset - is this not the one i am meant to be using?

17. prxxxy

prxxxy

upload_2023-6-19_22-50-25.png

these are the errors I am receiving I am using 2021.3.27f1 HDRP

I have just made a completely new project

Redownloaded in package manager and still getting this

18. prxxxy

prxxxy

did you ever figure out how to use this?

19. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

So you are still using asset for Unity 2020.3. It is not compatible with Unity 2021.3

Did you clear Asset Store cache folder before download CW using Unity 2021.3 package manager?

If package manager still downloads version for Unity 2020.3, send me asset purchase invoice on support e-mail (support@amazingassets.world) and I can directly send required package.

20. prxxxy

prxxxy

I really cant find any of this I will drop you an email now

21. SirSbows

SirSbows

Hi, I'm interested in buying Curved World to use it for my future project, and I had wanted to know more about the curving abilities for 2D games. I see that the Perspective 2D can curve sprites in the shape of a cylinder, but I had wanted to know if the shader can curve in the shape of a circle or arc as shown in the image below. Thanks! Arc.jpg

22. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Such bend type is not implemented.
    Also it would create big mesh distortion further it is from the bending center. Such case is explained for different bend type in the Manual file (page 12).

23. SirSbows

SirSbows

Could the Spiral Vertical bend type be used to achieve this effect? If not, will there be any future updates to Curved World that will implement this bending effect for 2D?

24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No it is not possible.
    May be it can be added in the future, but cannot promise.

SirSbows likes this.
  25. AnotherTaya

AnotherTaya

Is it possible to use Curved World with water shader?

26. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If shader is made using Shader Graph, then yes. It is very easy. Check manual file page 45.

If shader is HLSL hand made, then mostly yes. But you have to manually modify it. Check manual file page 39.

AnotherTaya likes this.
  27. AxonGenesis

AxonGenesis

I'd like to use URP Forward+ render path to use additional lights, however when I switch to forward+ I get extreme flickering/flashing from all objects using Curved World shaders. This can be reproduced with any of the example bend scenes with the latest Curved World 2023.3 using Unity 2022.3.5.

From what I can tell, this is caused by NaN errors in the shader which become blown out by post processing bloom. Though even with post processing off, objects still flicker black and white. Turning on Stop NaNs on the camera makes it slightly better but does not fix the issue.

I gather that forward+ is not yet supported, though just wanted to check in case there is a workaround.

28. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Looks like you are using asset designed for Unity 2021.3 inside 2022.3. They are not compatible.
    Remove CW from project, clear Asset Store cache folder (Amazing Assets sub-folder) and re-download CW using Unity 2022.3 package manager. Correct version should be downloaded.

URP Forward+ renderer is supported.
    Curved World.gif

AxonGenesis likes this.
  29. AxonGenesis

AxonGenesis

Fantastic! That fixed it. Thank you for the quick response.

30. unity_23dionisio23

unity_23dionisio23

Hi, is there any option to use TMP?

31. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes

upload_2023-8-22_16-34-40.png

unity_23dionisio23 and hopeful like this.
  32. Lee1384

Lee1384

I am using 2022.3.8f1 URP. When I enable use rendering layers in the Decal renderer feature, the decals are invisible.

33. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Decals work at my side without problems.
    upload_2023-8-28_17-7-3.png

34. rob11

rob11

In Unity 2021.3.24f, I can't figure out how to have shadows in a android build. Curved world Lit does not cast or receive shadow in android build, but looks fine in editor. Anyone had similar issues ? Any pointers on how to solve this ? Thank you. In the mean time, I'll do custom shaders with the curved world nodes to see if issue persists.

Quljul likes this.
  35. spookariumgames

spookariumgames

Hey everyone, could someone tell me why when I apply the normal map in the normal map section, nothing happens? I've been tinkering with it for a while, but I can't seem to see the effects I apply.

Obviously, I'm referring to the Curved World shader; it works perfectly fine in other shaders.

36. Valera981

Valera981

Hello. I have shader error and pink curved world material.

Shader error in 'VacuumShaders/Curved World/Simple Lit': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.lightweight/Shaders/SimpleLitInput.hlsl'. at line 144

Unity 2022.1.23.
    Curved World 2020

Please help

37. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You are using three years old, deprecated asset. Update to the latest version.

38. pepone3d

pepone3d

Heyho!

I bought your cool plugin years ago and just the bought the update. Our company is using Unity
    LTS 2019.4.1f1 and you wrote there will be bugfixing for 2019.4.1. Unfortunately the 2019.6.0
    throws a bunch of namespace conflicts.
    So does a version of the package exists that will run for 2019.4.1f1 without having script-errors?

Our next switch somewhen would be to 2022.3.13f1 - so you take care that the package run on future
    "official release" versions? Would be nonesense to create a polished game and get into trouble later... :confused:

curved_world.png

39. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You are using three years old version.

All supported Unity versions for the new Curved World are in the description on the store page.

40. pepone3d

pepone3d

So, I tested your newest and V2019.6 plugin version with the last release build for LTS2019 what seems to me is 2019.4.40f1 with your plugin version V2019.6 still throws an error - I don't know how to fix:

Assets\VacuumShaders\Curved World\Editor\IntegrateCurvedWorld.cs(8,37): error CS0118: 'Editor' is a namespace but is used like a type

Testing the current version (2023.3.0) in 2019.4.40f1 gives me 9 similar errors:

2023.png

So is there a 2019' version of Unity and a package version of CurvedWorld I could get runnin'?

41. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World supports only the latest Unity LTS versions, including Unity 2019.4.40.

To make sure you are using correct version of the CW asset:
    Remove CW folder from project. Clear Asset Store cache folder and re-download CW using package manager.
    Based on the used Unity Editor version, package manager should download proper CW version.

42. pepone3d

pepone3d

Yeah, I found out it only happens if I try to work with lightweight/ URP. The standard pipeline is working. So I'll stay with that for now...
    ;)

43. yyylny

yyylny

What's new in version 2023.3? Are there any performance benefits for Unity LTS 2022 users?

44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

• Updated for the Unity 2022.3.
    • Added ShaderGraph support for Built-in RP.

45. eurishya

eurishya

In the demo on the Asset Store, Speed was a setting item for Bend - Twisted Spiral (Corridor), but not in the production version. Where should I adjust Speed? Thank you in advance.

46. eurishya

eurishya

As an addendum, am I correct in understanding that you are changing it with ChunkSpawner's Moving Speed?

47. Juice-Tin

Juice-Tin

Hi, I have a render texture camera under the water (looking up), to create a mirrored reflection on the water.

However when using the curved world, the world curves around&away from it, breaking the reflection.

Is there any way around this? Such as making the camera ignore material offsets, or possibly some existing script I'm not aware of?

Tldr: Reflections or anything using camera rendertextures break as it captures the curved world instead of the flat world as it should.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
  48. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You can control CW bending effect per-camera. This is done in the Tutorial #3 – Little Planet (part 2) chapter in the Manual.
    Try disable CW before rendering reflection (not tested myself).

49. Juice-Tin

Juice-Tin

Ah I see, it seems flipping the curve to opposite on the second camera seems to make the rendering right, but also gives a LOT of strange artifacting.. So I don't know if that will work.

I have 2 more questions though.

2. How can I move the plugin? I try moving it into a 'plugins' folder but get a ton of errors.

3. How can I use 'World Position' node inside AmplifyShader to get the pixel position on the curved world? I have vertical fog, where anything below a certain y pixel fades to black, but then the whole curved world curved down into blackness. I've tried adding/subtracting the resulting vertex y position but nothing seems to work right.

Is there some kind of math you know using vertex positions, so world position works properly with the curved world? -- maybe some way to offset it back to normal or have that node apply before the vertex is changed?

50. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

1. Disable CW, render reflection and after that restore CW from the main camera just before it renders a scene.
    It should work. Only if your reflection rendering method does not use any resources that prevents this approach.

2. CW can be moved into any folder inside project. Errors may be shader related that use original CW path. In this case you have to just correct CW path inside shaders.

3. Can't answer, This very much depends on your fog rendering method. Is it somekind of global fog, or image effect or implemented in each project used shader?