Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Contact Quibli's developer if those shaders are Curved World compatible.

Curved World has not been updated for Unity 2021.2 yet.
    Current version supports Unity 2019.4 - 2020.3 LTS versions and Unity 2021.1 TECH release.

Curved World will be updated for Unity 2021.2 (for free), but currently no ETA.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  2. mendozaa265

mendozaa265

Hi!
    First, thanks for making this cool product! It's been a breeze to work with and is very well constructed. I have one question that I'm hoping is just an easy over sight on my end.

I'm working on a twisted hallway and was seeing the distortion happening. From the looks of it though, the distortion (in the example scene as well) seems to be relative to the world zero and not to the pivot point as shown in the image below. The grey cube is at the world center. In this case I moved the hallway and the pivot point together to the right. TwistedSpiralDistortion.png

Is this expected behavior? I was thinking I should be able to move it across the x axis and keep the effect as long as I moved the pivot point with it.

Also, I assume that this means I can't rotate the hallway/pivot point group?

Thanks for the help in advance!

[EDIT] I noticed that I accidentally had manual update left checked but that didn't fix completely. If I move the whole group (corridor and pivot point) left or right distortion still occurs

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

With twisted spiral effect, this is expected behavior.

4. mediapod_uk

mediapod_uk

Hi, anyone manged the Toony Colors outline shader working with Curved World. Or any outline shader?

5. mediapod_uk

mediapod_uk

This is my issue...
    As the world curves, outlines do not. This is with Beautify's Outline shader but the Toony Colors one does the same.
    The terrain, however works fine!

upload_2022-1-27_19-20-29.png

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You have to contact Beautify's Outline and Toony Colors developers to fix compatibility.

7. MiracLLL

MiracLLL

Hi, thank you for the asset, it's really well done and documented !

It seems that we have an issue with depth textures, see the strange effects in the screenshots : Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG
    The problem do not occur in editor play mode and has been spotted in an Android Build.
    When we remove the depth fade part of the water shader, all is working fine.

Is it a known issue that we don't know about ?

Also we made sure that the curved world DepthNormalTexture shader was included in the build.

Capture2.PNG

8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If you are using custom shader, make sure CW vertex transformation is integrated into all passes of a shader.
    If depth path is used from the fallback shader, move it to the main shader and add CW there too.
    Check RenderType of your shader and use one of the RenderTypes from the CurvedWorld-DepthNormalsTexture shader or make your own and add it to the CurvedWorld-DepthNormalsTexture file.

9. mendozaa265

mendozaa265

So I'm aware that distortion happens when the corridor is moved from the pivot point but if I move the corridor and the pivot point together and distortion still occurs is that expected behavior? I guess I'm wondering what the pivot point does in this case.

Thanks again though for the reply!

10. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Pivot point is the center of the spiral rotation, similar as in other spiral bend types. You can move/rotate it inside scene view and depend on the Axis property (inside CurvedWorldController script) it will transform entire curvature.

11. Vueltero

Vueltero

Hi, amazing asset, is there a way to make the canvas ui elements follow the curvature?, or at least how can I make an image and button follow the curvature?

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

UI elements cannot be bent. Package includes TextMeshPro shaders instead.
    If you need buttons or images to follow curvature, update their transform position from script, check non-shader bending example scenes.

Vueltero likes this.
  13. MarkN

MarkN

Hi there,
    I've just bought Curved World 2020 and am trying to import the Universal version into my project, but am getting an error:
    ...\Material Editors\BuiltIn\LitShader.cs(27,66):error CS0103: The name HeaderStateKey does not exist in the current context.

After quitting, and trying to reload the project, Unity complains that it won't compile and asks me to go into safe mode to fix it.

My version of Unity is up-to-date: 2021.2.11f1

I've just tried importing into a completely new empty project, and it gives this error at the end (which I recall getting when I imported it to my current project).

Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Complex Lit': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/Shaders/LitInput.hlsl'. at line 573

Any help would be gratefully received, ta.

14. MarkN

MarkN

Hello again,
    With no response I've been playing around, and I absolutely cannot get it to install the Universal version. I've wasted plenty of time trying, but it doesn't work.

So instead I tried installing the Built-In and High Definition versions which I don't actually want, and they'll both import and compile. So - yeah basically, the solution I bought it for won't work for me.

Again, any help would be gratefully received.

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Asset currently doesn't support Unity 2021.2 as it is "tech release".
    Unity 2021.2 will be supported (for free) after it is released as LTS.

Supporting Unity alpha, beta and tech releases is pure nightmare for developers and just wasting of the development time, as they are full of bugs, constant API changes, and just very unstable.
    That's why even Unity suggests to use LTS versions.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    hopeful likes this.
  16. petrinordlund

petrinordlund

The latest LTS release is 2020 so while you do get bug fixes you are also missing 2 years of new features because of a single asset store asset, for many it's bit too much to ask.

17. SSMaster2020

SSMaster2020

I looked at the docs but can't find the answer so I'll ask I want to make a winding road with one curved world controller as shown in the image Is there a way to do that? After using it, it seems that it is not possible to attach 3 or more pivots to one curved world controller.

Attached Files:

18. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It is not possible to create such curves or splines.

19. SuperDanOsbourne

SuperDanOsbourne

Hi! Quick question... I know that Unity 2021.x.x is not yet supported but should it work for URP in 2021.3 or is it not yet updated at all to work in recent versions of URP? Hence the compile errors I get after install. I have a character using Fluffy Grooming tool which only works in 2021 sooooooo..... :p

20. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Did you mean Unity 2020.3? Latest update was released for Unity 2020.3.32 and SRP 10.8.1
    Unity 2021 will be supported after it is released as LTS version.

21. kanmanidevs

kanmanidevs

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 6.40.14 PM.png Hi, I'm trying to combine Curved World 2020 with Toony Colors Pro 2. I get the following error. Can you please let know how to close down the issue?

22. Harikoah

Harikoah

Hi, @Arkhivrag , I am currently trying to use the curved world effect with a terrain with Unity terrain grass on it (just grass detail textured planes, not real geometry), when I bend the world, the terrain bends, but the grass patches I are unaffected, please advise.

Attached Files:

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity limitation of overriding terrain grass shader. There are many discussions about it on forums and is mentioned in the Manual file, page 49.
    Currently the only solution is to convert terrain and its grass to a mesh.

24. yyylny

yyylny

Is there an ETA for the 2021 LTS support update? I purchased the asset because it said: "Supported Unity versions 2019.4.37 or higher" in the asset's Asset Store page but now I see it doesn't support v. 2021 at all.

25. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

All asset supported Unity versions are in the description:
    upload_2022-4-21_14-12-43.png

Update for Unity 2021.3 is in development and will be released approximately in two weeks.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    yyylny likes this.
  26. yyylny

yyylny

Any idea why my camera is getting jittery when using this asset? I'm using the Classic Runner bend type. When both horizontal and vertical sizes are at 0 I see no jitter but the higher I set the size, the stronger the jitter gets. Could it be because I put the pivot point on the camera and constantly move it? Could it be because I'm using Unity v. 2021.2 which is not supported?

27. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

There may be many reasons. Try updating camera inside LateUpdate method, using Lerp or SmoothDump or other smooth interpolation methods.

28. yyylny

yyylny

Thanks, but I'm using Cinemachine so it's not so easy to do. Could it be anything other than the camera?

29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Looks like camera moving/updating related issue.

yyylny likes this.
  30. kanmanidevs

kanmanidevs

Hi.. i found an issue with Cinemachine and the camera not rolling along when the bend type is set to classic runner along z-axis..
    It was already posted here in the below link
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/curved-world.344041/page-22#post-6157074

Is there a workaround available now? asking because it is been 2 years since this issue was initially raised.

31. yyylny

yyylny

Have you tried setting the pivot point transform to the camera transform? I don't have any trouble with it except that there's a serious jitter while the camera is moving (and the FPS is low).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  32. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You can create empty game object with TransformDynamicPosition script and make camera its child. Updating that gameobject position will affect camera position too.
    Check Non - Shader Bending example scenes demonstrating how custom objects position can be updated, to make them follow the Curved World curvature.

Answered here.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  33. kanmanidevs

kanmanidevs

Hey. thank you very much for the information. it does work for me now
    cheers mate

yuvalvizel likes this.
  34. kanmanidevs

kanmanidevs

Thank you for the support mate. but I couldn't solve the issue by making the camera the child of the empty gameobject with the TransformDynamicPosition script, which in-turn will be the child of the player itself. But was able to get over the issue with what @yyyIny had suggested. I'm not an expert in unity to tell what is exceptionally correct & efficient and what is not. Just playing around with what goes good for me, at-least for time being

35. kanmanidevs

kanmanidevs

Hi again. I have an issue with the Physics layers and the Curved World 2020 shader. when I change the layer of the gameobject from default to a specific physics layer, the material (shader - Amazing Assets/Curved World/Lit) loses its original look and feel. Even Tried mapping the Obstacle Layer even with the Default layer but wasn't helping. Is there a workout for this issue?

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 11.28.56 AM.png Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 11.27.59 AM.png

36. Harikoah

Harikoah

Hi, @Arkhivrag , is Curved World compatible with weather effects assets such as Cozy Weather or Enviro out of the box ?

37. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Does not look CW shader problem. Check scene lights Culling Mask layer.
    Do other shaders have the same behavior or it is only CW shaders?

I don't know. Better ask developers of those assets if they made their assets CW compatible.

38. JJunior

JJunior

Hey guys, I am having an issue with the One Directional Light Shader. When I use One Directional Light Shader with Cutout Rendering Mode and Render Face: Front the skybox is redered in the back faces (I think). If I put Render Face to both I do not get this issue, just a texture flickering issue. Do you guys had this issue? Any idea?

This is the One Directional Light / Cutout / Front Face

upload_2022-4-29_14-39-24.png

This is the One Directional Light / Cutout / Both Faces

upload_2022-4-29_14-39-57.png

39. Harikoah

Harikoah

Hi, I am currently using the Azure Nature pack, where the shaders for the trees/vegetation have been created with Amplify. I created the necessary nodes for little planet-Y, and put them in the shader, but it just doesn't work. If I leave vertex output at relative, the tree is on its side, if I put it on "absolute" the tree disappears, no mater if I detach the incoming wind node in the material or not.I am totally lost here :D

Attached Files:

40. Harikoah

Harikoah

Ok, I added a vertex position node, now things look better, but trunk and leafs have different positions now :D

41. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity version?
    Camera rendering path?
    Do you use custom skybox shader?

42. sipon

sipon

Hi,
    Got some errors importing Curved World in a new empty unity project (2021.3.2, HDRP 12.1.6)
    upload_2022-5-7_14-5-33.png
    Hope you can help!

(Tested on 2020.3.34, sample HDRP template and got same errors)

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  43. Harikoah

Harikoah

Oh S***, what's happening here ?
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-08 um 10.44.17 (2).png

44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Just checked Unity 2021.3.2 HDRP and no problems found at my side. Try, remove package from the project, clear Asset Store cache folder and redownload latest version using Package manager.

AXURE Vegetation is not part of this package, can't help here.
    If you have manually done shader changing, make sure all required Curved World integration steps are done correctly.

45. Harikoah

Harikoah

I disconnected the Curved World node in the amplify shader graph and connected it again, problem gone.Still, is there a problem on metal I should know of with curved world shaders ?

46. Harikoah

Harikoah

Hi, its me again with a new "problem". It is my understanding that the Curved World camera script also provides the effect that culling will be calculated AFTER bending BEFORE the frame is rendered, right ? So in our scene (little planet alike) we have the problem that it seems like (going by the profiler), the camera sees the WHOLE UNBENT scene and renders it, then applies the bending, but does not care for the parts that are invisible to the camera after bending. It looks as if the camera renders the whole scene, not just the part visible the user after bending. This pushes the visible poly count quite high thus reducing our franerate pretty heavily. We read through the documentation multiple times, also the part with the curved world bounding box script, but somehow, we are not really making progress...

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

CW Camera script overrides camera's culling matrix, to make objects outside it to be included in the render pipeline. It is called before all rendering begins. Rendered vertex count will increase, of course, as now there are more meshes visible and rendered by camera.

48. Harikoah

Harikoah

49. SuperDanOsbourne

SuperDanOsbourne

Hi, Sorry if this has been answered already but I have a question that I've seen come up in here but haven't seen an answer.
    I am wondering what would be a good way to handle click to move or click to target or even screenToWorld raycasts for aiming.

Thanks

50. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

To use raycast on a collider, you have to make sure it has the same position on the screen as a mesh with CW shader.
    Check Non-Shader Bending example scenes and how colliders, point lights and other objects position are updated there, to make them follow CW curvature.