Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Hi. I'm working on an endless runner. I'm working on a solution to procedurally change curves. The game is inside a tunnel, and the tunnel bends left and right and up and down.

One possible solution I'm considering is to use Mathf.PerlinNoise. Do you have any tips? Thank you

2. Soichiro_Xse

Soichiro_Xse

Is it possible to combine Curved World2020 x KvantTunnel?

I tried the custom shader and the tunnel did not bend. When I applied that shader to the plane, it bent, so the custom shader itself seems to be working fine.

3. johabarretoo

johabarretoo

Good Morning

I am developing an endless racing game. I have a problem with the Curved world. When I use the CharacterController and set the camera to follow the character, the character capsule detaches and the model (character) follows the curve, but the capsule and the camera capsule and the camera move forward, they do not follow the curve.

4. texnoline21

texnoline21

Tell. I use:
    Curved World 2021.2
    Unity 2020.3.16f1
    Universal RP 10.5.1
    TexMeshPro 3.0.6
    I get a lot of errors when activating shaders.
    upload_2021-9-5_20-30-4.png

5. K-Pax

K-Pax

can the plugin curve the light probe?

6. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Hi, this might be an overkill but can this be used to make tank tracks?

7. garytrickett

garytrickett

particles aren't working for me, says they have an error
    Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Lit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesLitForwardPass.hlsl(6) (on d3d11)
    using URP Version 10.3.2 - March 01, 2021 with unity 2020.2.5
    everything else is working, just the particle shaders are failing to compile.

8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If light probes position can be updated in run-time, then yes. Curved World includes script for updating "non-shader" objects position (like point lights, colliders, projector, etc) to make them follow the curvature.

Based on this demo scene? For tank tracks it is a bad idea.

Unity 2020.2.5 is not supported. Update it at least to Unity 2020.3.8.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    FlightOfOne likes this.
  9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Update for the latest Unity versions is in development and will be released next week.
    2019.4.30 (SRP 7.7.1)
    2020.3.18 (SRP 10.6)
    2021.1.20 (SRP 11.0)

10. garytrickett

garytrickett

ok thanks, i updated to 2020.3.18 (SRP 10.6) and will wait for the next release before i add particles then :)

i noticed rotation on the parent object for TransformDynamicPosition script doesn't seem to work correctly so you can fix it by changing
    transform.position = curvedWorldController.TransformPosition(parent.position + offset);
    to
    transform.position = curvedWorldController.TransformPosition(parent.position + (parent.right * offset.x) + (parent.up * offset.y) + (parent.forward * offset.z));

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Bad news for the upcoming update - currently it is paused for unknown time.
    I have found serious bug in the Unity shader compilator and Curved World shaders can not be updated until it is fixed.
    Bug is already reported (case 1365725).
    Before that, use Curved World in Unity versions provided in the description on the Asset Store.

hopeful likes this.
  12. unity_HPiYgm3M-DDUjQ

unity_HPiYgm3M-DDUjQ

Is Unity version 2019.1.1 supported ?

13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

14. codehawk

codehawk

Hi, in Unity 2019.4.29 after switching my project from windows to Mac, there is a lot of errors cropping up due to CurvedWorld. I am using URP.

In windows everything works perfectly but I cannot get these errors to go away after migrating the project to work in Mac. I deleted the folder and re-imported but the same errors still persists. Do you have any tips for fixing these Mac specific errors ?

EDIT : Fixed! Turns out it's not the fault of CW.

The fix was I needed to separately enable URP in the project even though it was enabled in windows. Just installing URP in the package manager fixed it instantly. Putting this out there for anyone who encounters this problem.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Arkhivrag likes this.
unityunity