Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. johabarretoo

johabarretoo

Good Morning

I am developing an endless racing game. I have a problem with the Curved world. When I use the CharacterController and set the camera to follow the character, the character capsule detaches and the model (character) follows the curve, but the capsule and the camera capsule and the camera move forward, they do not follow the curve.

2. texnoline21

texnoline21

Tell. I use:
    Curved World 2021.2
    Unity 2020.3.16f1
    Universal RP 10.5.1
    TexMeshPro 3.0.6
    I get a lot of errors when activating shaders.
    upload_2021-9-5_20-30-4.png

3. K-Pax

K-Pax

can the plugin curve the light probe?

4. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Hi, this might be an overkill but can this be used to make tank tracks?

5. smallg2023

smallg2023

particles aren't working for me, says they have an error
    Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Lit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesLitForwardPass.hlsl(6) (on d3d11)
    using URP Version 10.3.2 - March 01, 2021 with unity 2020.2.5
    everything else is working, just the particle shaders are failing to compile.

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If light probes position can be updated in run-time, then yes. Curved World includes script for updating "non-shader" objects position (like point lights, colliders, projector, etc) to make them follow the curvature.

Based on this demo scene? For tank tracks it is a bad idea.

Unity 2020.2.5 is not supported. Update it at least to Unity 2020.3.8.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    FlightOfOne likes this.
  7. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Update for the latest Unity versions is in development and will be released next week.
    2019.4.30 (SRP 7.7.1)
    2020.3.18 (SRP 10.6)
    2021.1.20 (SRP 11.0)

8. smallg2023

smallg2023

ok thanks, i updated to 2020.3.18 (SRP 10.6) and will wait for the next release before i add particles then :)

i noticed rotation on the parent object for TransformDynamicPosition script doesn't seem to work correctly so you can fix it by changing
    transform.position = curvedWorldController.TransformPosition(parent.position + offset);
    to
    transform.position = curvedWorldController.TransformPosition(parent.position + (parent.right * offset.x) + (parent.up * offset.y) + (parent.forward * offset.z));

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Bad news for the upcoming update - currently it is paused for unknown time.
    I have found serious bug in the Unity shader compilator and Curved World shaders can not be updated until it is fixed.
    Bug is already reported (case 1365725).
    Before that, use Curved World in Unity versions provided in the description on the Asset Store.

hopeful likes this.
  10. unity_HPiYgm3M-DDUjQ

unity_HPiYgm3M-DDUjQ

Is Unity version 2019.1.1 supported ?

11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

12. codehawk

codehawk

Hi, in Unity 2019.4.29 after switching my project from windows to Mac, there is a lot of errors cropping up due to CurvedWorld. I am using URP.

In windows everything works perfectly but I cannot get these errors to go away after migrating the project to work in Mac. I deleted the folder and re-imported but the same errors still persists. Do you have any tips for fixing these Mac specific errors ?

EDIT : Fixed! Turns out it's not the fault of CW.

The fix was I needed to separately enable URP in the project even though it was enabled in windows. Just installing URP in the package manager fixed it instantly. Putting this out there for anyone who encounters this problem.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Arkhivrag likes this.
  13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

New update with bug fixes and supporting latest Unity versions will be available by the end of this week:
    • Unity 2019.4.31 (SRP 7.7.1)
    • Unity 2020.3.21 (SRP 10.7)
    • Unity 2021.1.26 (SRP 11.0)

14. Dante20011

Dante20011

Hi! I am on the edge of buying it. I've got several cubes in a grid and the player moves on top of them. When yo move far to the left, the rightmost cubes go to the right to keep the same amount of cubes in the screen. Does this asset need to add a script or shader to each cube or would it just apply to the camera per se? Thanks in advance!!

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Not post-process or camera image effect - common per-mesh shader.

16. Dante20011

Dante20011

Thanks! Does the shader support normals or heightmap? Does it work with Sprite Renderers? My characters are 2D in a 3D world. Thanks again!

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Package includes re-written Unity's built-in shaders (including sprite shader).
    Additionally, Curved World vertex bending can be integrated into Amplify Shader Editor and Unity Shader Graph, for achieving any desired shading effects.

18. rastleks

rastleks

Hi. I have this errors:
    Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Unlit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesUnlitForwardPass.hlsl(6) (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Simple Lit': 'InitializeInputData': output parameter 'inputData' not completely initialized at World/Shaders/Custom/Lit/SimpleLitForwardPass.hlsl(43) (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Lit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesLitForwardPass.hlsl(6) (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Simple Lit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesSimpleLitForwardPass.hlsl(7) (on d3d11)

My setup is:
    Unity 2020.3.21f1
    Dev platform: WindowsEditor
    Target platform: Android
    URP installed: True, version 10.7.0
    Render pipeline: UniversalPipeline,LightweightPipeline

How I can fix this issues with particles shaders?

19. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Fixed.

20. sachithkp

sachithkp

I have a scene with the Curved world shader applied with enemies.

The enemies have a health bar on the top. It is not positioned on top of the enemy when the shader is applied.

It appears far away from the enemy.

Is there a workaround for this issue? Let me know if you need clarity on the issue.

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World is a mesh shader, not UI. Try using TextMeshPro shaders (import from CW editor window) or replace UI with mesh.

22. sachithkp

sachithkp

I applied all the shaders provided by the Curved World to Text Mesh Pro yielding no result. :(

Is converting letter to mesh the only way ?

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World needs all three axis of a vertex to calculate curvature. UI elements have only two :oops:.
    Try attaching UI elements to the game object and update them using TransformDynamicPosition script. Check Non-Shader Bending example scenes how point lights position are update there.

24. throwingcat

throwingcat

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  25. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity 2021.2 is not supported yet. It is a quite new "tech release" with many new experimental features and API changes that are still in development and because of it, Unity 2021.2 currently is very unstable and full of bugs. I have to wait for several patch releases for it to become more stable and developer "friendly".
    So this year (two months left) asset definitely will not be updated for it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    throwingcat likes this.
  26. sachithkp

sachithkp

Hello there,

We were using your asset in one of our games.

We were trying to highlight the game objects in the scene. But it appears hanging around in the space.

We were using Easy Performant Highlight in the game.

upload_2021-11-25_20-39-36.png

This is how it appears. Could you please suggest a fix for this?

27. PHSenki

PHSenki

Hello there! I believe the URP version of the particle shader isn't working. I'm using URP version 10.6.0 and Curved World 2021.3 (latest).
    I get these warnings. Is there a work around?
    upload_2021-12-4_15-41-58.png
    " Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Unlit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesUnlitForwardPass.hlsl(6) (on d3d11) "

I have also tried generating an unlit shader with Toony Colors Pro with the Curved World features added. But it didn't work for the particles as some use Vertex Stream and I couldn't add that to the shader.

Thanks o7

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  28. PHSenki

PHSenki

This happens because only objects using Curved World compatible materials can bend. There is a section in the documentation teaching how to make any shader work with it, so you can update this outline shader to make it bend.

sachithkp likes this.
  29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Try updating URP to 10.7

30. PHSenki

PHSenki

Thanks for replying so fast! I thought URP 10.6 were the last version because it was the latest 2020's previous unity LTS would let me get. I've tried updating unity to get version 10.7 but it still won't compile the Curved World particle shaders.

upload_2021-12-5_15-26-14.png

Should I upgrade it once more? Which version has it been tested with?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  31. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World is developed using 2020.3.21 (SRP 10.7).
    Just tested with latest 2020.3.24 and no problems found at my side.

32. PHSenki

PHSenki

Are there plans for updating Curved World's particle shader for URP? If only I could make the unlit Curved World URP shader take vertex streams from the particle system I'd be happy. Is there a work around to achieve this?

33. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

As shaders do not generate any errors at my side, there is nothing to fix or update.
    It may be somekind of script or shader conflict at your side.
    The only suggestion I can give: Remove CW from project, clear Asset Store cache folder and re-download asset from the store using latest Unity 2020.3.24. Try importing it in the fresh empty project.

34. PHSenki

PHSenki

It worked! Thank you very much!

Arkhivrag likes this.
  35. Stader

Stader

Hi, I'm working on a game with local multiplayer, is it possible to use curved world in multiple cameras?

The idea is to be a competition where one can get ahead of the other, so it would be really interesting if that distorted view was different from each other based on their position. Do you think it's possible?

36. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes.
    Package even includes example scene for that purpose (Tutorial #3 - Little Planet (part 2)) and explained in Manual file page 21.

iansnyder likes this.
  37. Nimdanet

Nimdanet

Hello!

I'm trying to make a runner game that the character (and camera) follows the curves (arrow fest-like). My first try was on Bend - Spiral Horizontal Double (X) scene. I disabled all car spawns. Spawned a car. Put a empty game object as child of the car called Camera Root and Camera as child of it.

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 16.31.11.png

After I changed camera projection to Perspective and added TransformDynamicPosition to it:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 16.31.21.png

This ALMOST did the trick. But some parts are not rendering. I recorded a video showing this. What am I missing?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M99ILgGEMgEM1GUZWOjmf7_RC1jOVBjn/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: the problem is with camera rotation. I disabled the Recalculate Rotation and, although it doesn't give me the desired effect, things are not vanishing anymore. It doesn't solve the end of highway vanish though. It's probably a matter of camera position (which is updated) and clipping planes. Here's the video with this new test. I also tried to add CurvedWorldBoundingBox to road meshes but same result.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dsmjxcOrM9ob-m3g27sqw9KMn8AYK8FY/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  38. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Add new gameobject inside your Player with TransformDynamicPosition script and assign required CurvedWorldController to it. This new gamobject now should follow your Player. If you enable RecalculateRotation option there, it also will rotate toward the curvature direction.
    Now add camera inside this gameobject and adjust its position and rotation there.

Curved World.gif

For fixing mesh disappearing problem, use CurveWorldCamera script. For better adjusting its properties it is better to temporarily disable Curved World effect inside editor. Camera clipping planes also may need to be adjusted to make all meshes visible.
    upload_2021-12-14_3-29-53.png

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  39. Nimdanet

Nimdanet

That worked like a charm! Thanks!

I have a new doubt: from the docs, Parabola equation Bend Type gain more distortion further they are from the pivot point. Spiral equation doesn't. Twisted Spiral uses both spiral and parabola equation. And the result is it gets distorted. Is there any way to not distort use this Twisted Spiral Bend Type?

Capturar.PNG

Capturar2.PNG

40. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Distortion is unavoidable :(.

krougeau likes this.
  41. Osashes

Osashes

Is there an easy way to get Curved World to work with MapMagic 2? I don't seem to be able to get my terrain to show up in the renderers overview.

In fact, I'm having trouble getting Curved World to work even with Unity's default terrain system in a fresh project. Running Unity 2020.3.25f1 on URP 10.7.0.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What's the problem with Unity 2020.3.25f1 terrain shader?

As for MapMapgig, does it use custom terrain shader?

43. Osashes

Osashes

I just can't seem to get it to show up in the Curved World settings renderers overview no matter what I've tried, so I'm unable to apply my curvature to it.

I don't believe so. I think it uses Unity's terrain shader.

44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Import terrain shaders from Curved World editor window and use them, instead of the Unity' shaders.

45. Osashes

Osashes

Got it working. Thank you very much :)

46. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Hi a quick question before buy,

Can I use this asset Curved World in a Microsplat shaded terrain?
    And is it support massive tiled terrains?

Thanks,
    Malith.

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Package includes overridden version of the Unity's built-in terrain shader.
    For any other custom shaders supporting Curved World, you have to ask their developers.

48. TridaCTO

TridaCTO

Hi,
    I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried using the shader in Virtual Reality URP?
    and does it work?

49. NikoBay

NikoBay

hi there, I'd like to know how easy it is to use this along with Quibli shader (the popular one on asset store)? Or is it even possible?

50. Rissattas

Rissattas

hi,
    Unity 2021.2.7f1
    URP 12.1.2
    import to Default URP Project

Universal - installer

upload_2022-1-26_22-13-56.png