Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. blackant

blackant

Ok, i removed this line, the error message is gone, but the shader is still not bending like it should

2. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

As it is custom shader and difficult for me to say where problem may be. Try to simplify it first, remove all nodes except Curved World and use default AS vertex position node for its input. If it works, add more features set-by-step.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

3. blackant

blackant

ok, nice advise, i'll do that this way. thanks

4. blackant

blackant

Thanks Again, i fund that i forgot to add initial Vertex position to the deformation process. this was so simple... -.-'

Arkhivrag likes this.
  5. gearball

gearball

Great customer support! Thank you for clarifying! Additional note, can I combine it with a shadergraph?

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes, ShaderGraph and Amplify Shader Editor nodes are supported. More into in Manual file, page:47.

7. blackant

blackant

Sorry but i clearly miss something about what i am doing with my shader.
    i have attached 3 screenshots with different nodes linked, none are doing the right result, like it does on the bridge on top of the mountain.
    Firstly i linked XYZ vertex position + my shader parameters. it moves the model vertices to much in all directions.
    XYZ.jpg
    so i did only Y axis, but the same problem appears on the Y axis world, it doesn't fit the height.
    Y.jpg
    so i removed Vertex position completely to get only mesh bending with my custom parameters (witch is only a small move on vertex normal for snow parts) and it also not the good deformation without vertex position...
    No vertex position.jpg
    and if i remove all deformations before the curve node, it doesn't do what expected.
    000.jpg

In the last situation, i think the models are bended from 0,0,0 Transform position of the world, and are not moving following the player. i don't understand why.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

1) Curved World node requires Vertex Position. This is mandatory.
    2) Make sure Vertex Output data in AS settings is set to Absolute.
    upload_2021-1-5_16-4-5.png
    Check if shader from this screenshot works. If yes, then extend it for your needs.

9. blackant

blackant

That was the point !
    Ketch'Up and May'O thanks you so much for contributing helping them building their world !
    :D

last question i think, it's about the Bounding Box Script,
    when i use LOD Groups, should it be added to the LOD parent or childrens ?

10. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

BoundingBox script works with Renderer objects (SkinnedMesh or MeshFilter). It must be used on objects itself, not parent or child.

blackant likes this.
  11. el_Guero

el_Guero

When I try to import TMP shader package Unity crahses! Any fix? Is there somewhere I could download the package elsewhere? Like Github maybe? Thanks

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What is Unity version and render pipeline?

Is TMP updated to the latest version? You can update it from the Package Manager.

Have you checked Editor.log file, there will be crash report.
    After editor crash you can find file in: C:\Users\#USER NAME#\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor folder.

13. el_Guero

el_Guero

hmmm I'm on Mac, so not sure where to find that file. Looked in Application support but seems not to be there.

I use:
    Unity 2019.4.17
    Render Pipeline is default (Built-in Render Pipeline)
    TMP 2.1.3
    Curved World 2020.6

14. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Editor.log file location on mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Editor.log
    After Unity crashes open file and find line with "crash" string. Above that line should be crash related errors.

BTW, when and how exactly Unity crashes? When clicking package import button in CW editor window or after
    package import is complete? Are imported files inside project after crash or they aren't even imported?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  15. el_Guero

el_Guero

Seems there is no crash string in that file. :eek:

It immediately crashes when clicking on the import button. Seems there's no time to import anything at that point. Repeating the process now 3 times, I saw the third time the import pop-up window coming up and the bar got like to 10%, then it crashed. It literally was a split second and almost couldn't even see it.

16. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

May be package file is damaged.
    Try, delete Packages folder and re-import asset. Also try importing package manually.
    Files are inside Curved World\Shaders\Packages folder.

17. el_Guero

el_Guero

Oh silly me, I thought it would get downloaded from the Internet or something. Didn't realize that the package was inside the asset folder.

Manually installing worked perfectly fine. So it must have something to do with the button or the editor window itself I guess.

Thanks a lot for the support. All working now.

Arkhivrag likes this.
  18. UneditedRequiem

UneditedRequiem

Edit: Standard appears to have been changed to Lit.

Standard Shader isn't an option when changing material shader from HDRP/Lit.

upload_2021-2-7_1-52-18.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  19. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

20. UneditedRequiem

UneditedRequiem

I'm running into a couple of issues. When creating a Classic Runner X-Axis Positive platform with bend ID 1, the platform offsets left and right in the distance but stays stiff when attempting to bend up or down. Also, what is the proper bend ID for a Classic Runner Z-Axis Positive setup?

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Does included example scene Bend - Classic Runner (X Positive) has the same problems?
    Bend IDs are used only when creating scene with same bend types but with multiple variation. ID in this case is just bend type variation identifier.

22. Nossgrr

Nossgrr

Does Curved World support VR?

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Nossgrr likes this.
  24. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does this work for quest 2 on android using unity 2019.4LTS standard render?

25. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

26. DerDicke

DerDicke

Probably this has asked before, but I couldn't find it.

1.) do pointlights work correctly?
    2.) do spotlights work correctly?
    3.) do shadows work correctly?

Thanks.

27. DerDicke

DerDicke

Hmm , yeah, forgot:
    4.) does it work with deferred rendering?

28. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes.
    Point/Spot lights position will need to be adjusted using script(included) to make them follow the curvature.

29. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

I have followed the integration steps to integrate this with Cscape city builder over and over, with no success. Please help! I am receiving the following errors in my shader here.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmuEyFNu6mF_b6QdUodRGcP_9pTFL8rj/view?usp=sharing
    Here are images of how I have copy and pasted the code following the instructions:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zqzABv2hm03YLqAdGwTztuvxBvZ7FOYI/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p5Umyg9uwcZ8tYakl-vsFL9m_hRBUK9H/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VXmKpocbdkXXy8MozI_fswzAKuF6qBSJ/view?usp=sharing

Here is the complete shader file with the copied code.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XKfEP7Tr2q-CLCMpqFNLLk3XThOD0dAs/view?usp=sharing

Attached Files:

30. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

This is Amplify Shader file. I'd suggest to use Curved World node there, instead of manually modifying it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    olix4242 likes this.
  31. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

32. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

In the case of using Unity Shader Graph or Amplify Shader Editor, Curved World node output vertex and normal are connected to the master node's vertex position and vertex normal.
    upload_2021-3-16_22-57-21.png

The only difference is that when using ASE make sure Vertex Output inside ASE general settings is set to absolute:
    upload_2021-3-16_22-58-59.png

33. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Ok, I’m using the Cylindrical Z and it only had 1 input vertex and 1 output vertex. I connected the output to the vertex position and the input to a world position. I almost have it working, but the ground seems to disappear often as I move my player around and the skybox material renders in and out when that happens . I thought the camera controller script would resolve but I still have to tweak to get it right. I’ve been working on this non stop for about 3 days now.

34. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I hope Cscape developer will help you better than me in this case, as I do not have this asset and can not say what additional vertex transformations are used inside shaders beside Curved World, that may conflict with each other or input vertex used in Curved World node may need additional transformations before using (as described in Manual file page: 47-48).

35. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

36. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

I got it all working finally!!! Took me some time to understand shader editor. Is there anyway to to do multiple curve effects in Amplify Shader Editor?

hopeful likes this.
  37. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Theoretically you can use any number of various type Curved World nodes. You can merge them, blend or use separately. But it depends on effect you are trying to achieve and really know how to use and control all of them using ASE and Curved World scripts.
    But package does not include any such examples.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  38. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

All I want to do is use the cylindrical Z and X effect together, and Im not sure how to do it. Currently I only have the Z- Effect working. Ill try the merge effect i dont think ase has a bend effect.

39. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

"Using together" is very unclear description. I do not understand and can imagine what you are trying to achieve by "using together" cylindrical Z and X. Hope you have good understanding how Curved World works.

All I can suggest: 1) For each CW node inside ASE create its own controller script. 2) Test nodes separately to make sure controller scripts update them correctly. 3) CW node output for both Vertex and Normal are in Object Space coordinates. 4) Output vertex and Normal vectors are already transformed and they follow CW curvature.

40. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

What i mean is currently only the Z axis is being affected in my game by running the cylindrical Z. I want both the Z axis and the X axis to be affected, i believe thats why you have cylindrial X and cylindrical Z. When I add the Cylindrical X node to the diagram, i dont know where to connect the output as the Z node already occupies the Vertex Position output.
    This screenshot should explain exactly what i am trying to do. What should i connect the second node to?

Attached Files:

• ase1.PNG
      ase1.PNG
      File size:
      506.2 KB
      Views:
  41. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I do not understand what kind of effect are you to achieve, but as CW node is common node, you can use almost any node operation available in ASE: for example combine two node outputs, substruct, divide, use other logic based on your needs.
    You can even use vertex output of one CW node as input for another CW node.
    When you finish building your vertex transformation connect result to the ASE Master nodes Local Vertex Position.

Do you have any image references of a curvature you are trying to create or video? May be I can help better if it is even possible.

42. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

I thought my previous post with a screenshot would have easily explained this. I want to use cylindrical z to effect z axis and cylindrical x to effect the x axis.

43. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

1) If you need two bend types in one scene, duplicate your shader and in first one integrate only Cylindrical Tower X node and in the second only Cylindrical Tower Z.
    For your scene meshes create two group of materials (depending on bend type) and assign one of the above shaders.
    Make sure scene contains two CW controller scripts for updating each bend type.
    Now scene meshes based on used material(shader) will be bent accordingly, along of one the axis.

2) If you need two bend types in one shader, and scene meshes will use this one shader, this is a little bit complicated as I can not image what curvature this will create.
    For example, blue mesh on screenshot below uses Cylindrical Tower X and red mesh here uses Cylindrical Tower Z. If you combine those bend types inside one shader, what effect it will create? o_O
    upload_2021-3-21_0-59-46.png

As this part is completely is up to you and your knowledge of ASE. I do not know what you are trying to achieve but CW nodes can be "used together" like this:
    upload_2021-3-21_1-3-48.png

or like this:
    upload_2021-3-21_1-4-59.png

or like this:
    upload_2021-3-21_1-24-26.png

There are unlimited variations of "using together". What kind of curvatures those will create I can not say. You can use even more bend nodes, it is completely up to you

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  44. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Thank you. I will try these

45. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

BTW, how did you achieve that Inception effect in your promo videos? Is that with the cylindrical rolloff?

46. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Scene uses Spiral Vertical bend type.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  47. CHOPJZL

CHOPJZL

Hi, is it possible to use this asset to scale the scene along axis?

For example, scale Y-axis to 1.5, then the gameobjects all become 1.5 times taller.

48. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Shader has no such feature.

49. CHOPJZL

CHOPJZL

Maybe this is a dumb question, isn't streching and bending actually the same?

50. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Emme73 likes this.