Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TwentyOneGamesStudio

TwentyOneGamesStudio

I have purchased Curved World 2020 yesterday but while importing any of the three packages(built in, HDRP and URP) a warning is always there in the import window as " File exists in project but with different GUID .Will override existing assets which may be undesired."

I am not understanding what's the problem ? Is there any way to solve this issue as I want to use this asset in my commercial game ?

Screenshot (2744).png

2. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Do not worry, push on Import button.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

TwentyOneGamesStudio likes this.
  3. TwentyOneGamesStudio

TwentyOneGamesStudio

4. owentexting

owentexting

Does this always act in worldspace coordinates or is it possible to set it to act relative to whatever way your camera is pointing? (its not possible for my game to simply rotate the world instead of the camera)

Say for example I have classic runner (x positive) in a fps game, where I want geometry bending in from the top right, regardless of which way my camera is pointing - is this possible?

5. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Vertices are always bent in world space.

6. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

How does the character bend along with the geometry? Can you have an infinite runner road with multiple bends and have the character switch between the bends seamlessly?

For example in this video you bend different areas of the mesh differing amounts? How do you control this?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  7. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Package includes example scenes demonstrating and explaining effect from that video.

As for switching between multiple bends, theoretically it is possible as each bend type is just a math function and it is possible to interpolate from one bend type to another. This can be done using ShaderGraph, Amplify Shader Editor or using custom hand-written shader (not with the included shaders).

8. angel_m

angel_m

My project is quite complex and I am using different shaders and post processing image effects.
    Is it possible to add curved effect in that case with reasonable ease?
    In the project I have a terrain mesh using an splatmap shader and an ocean with a water shader. Is it supported by curved world asset?

9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Shaders you are using must be Curved World compatible.
    If they are not, you have to use package included shaders or manually integrate Curved World in your shaders.

10. angel_m

angel_m

I'm afraid it would be too much manual work for unpredictable results... :(

11. VirtualDawn

VirtualDawn

Hey, my curved world 2020 shaders aren't compiling. I'm using Unity 2019.4.15f1 with URP and newest Curved World 2020 asset. The project is almost fresh, though I imported some crap from previous project(which had previous curved world asset installed, but I didn't import the asset itself, just the materials using it which ofc don't work atm.) and plugins that might interfere with something.
    upload_2020-11-24_16-33-40.png

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What is the version of the Universal RP? Update it to the 7.4.3 or newer version.

VirtualDawn likes this.
  13. xenasn7

xenasn7

Hello, does your Asset work with polybrush ? More precicely the possibility to paint directly on meshes.
    Thanks !

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  14. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, I have a question. How to change the 'Offset' of the 'Base Color Map' with code? I can modify the 'Offset' of the 'Unity Lit Shader' with the following code, but I cannot use it to modify the 'Offset' of the'Curved World Lit Shader'.

Code (CSharp):
    1. material.mainTextureOffset = new Vector2(1, 2);

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I have never used PolyBrush. Does it need any special shaders? As I know it just a mesh vertex manipulator tool.

You can change texture scale/offset using Material.SetTextureOffset and Material.SetTextureScale methods. You need just texture property name inside shader, that you can easily check directly inside shader file:
    upload_2020-11-26_12-36-32.png

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  16. DavidJares

DavidJares

Hello. Yesterday I finally purchased Curved World 2020 and I am already enjoying it a lot. I am using it for a infinite-runner-type, quite similar to the classic-runner-example-scene, I am just doing it along the z-axis instead. Now its easy to make curves and hills - very cool. What I'd like to ask is wether it is possible to chain the curved-effect somehow, so that instead of having "only" one vertical+horizantal-offset+bending combination I wonder if I can have multiple. That way I could simulate a Street-Curve that does not bend "infinitely", but rather has an end. That way I could with some little coding-effort simulate "real" road-behavior quite straightforward. Have a look at the pictures about what I mean. upload_2020-11-30_17-58-20.png
    Is something like that possible ? If yes, could you provide me some hints about how to achieve that ? I also own amplify-shader-editor and coud try to come up with something more sophisticated ( although I yet have never created a shader yet ). But for my purposes, extending the curved-world-controller-script to having up to 4 chained bendpoints would be sufficient, so I could set the offset of each bendpoint and its bend-amount seperately, thereby generating the illusion of a "real" road. Thank you very much. Curved World rocks!

Attached Files:

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Bezier Curves and Splines are not supported :(

18. valentinwinkelmann

valentinwinkelmann

Is it possible to turn off the Curved World view for a certain camera, so that I can render the world to a render texture without any deformation? this would be important for a MiniMap system, because the camera that captures the whole scene would otherwise see the deformation.

19. HaakonL

HaakonL

20. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You can disable Curved World for material by enabling CURVEDWORLD_DISABLED_ON keyword using Material.EnableKeyword method. For render textures and certain cameras you can also use replacement shaders.

If Curved World needs to be bent around dynamic object (in your case player), set it as a Pivot Point inside CurvedWorldController script, otherwise position (0, 0, 0) will be used.

21. HaakonL

HaakonL

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it does not work. If I add the player as pivot point, the only thing that happens is that the curve renders in a different (wrong) direction. When playing, the camera still continues straight ahead, as if the world still was flat. Also tried setting the camera as pivot point, but still no luck.

22. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What in your scene is moving: Player or meshes with Curved World material?
    Does camera move too?

23. HaakonL

HaakonL

Hi, the player moves, and the camera is following the player, but can be rotated freely.

24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Does player mesh use Curved World shader too? If it is the center of the Curved World and camera follows it then use non-Curved World shader. And then set it as Pivot Point inside CurvedWorldController script.

25. HaakonL

HaakonL

Yes, the player use the Curved World shader. Now I have changed it to non-Curved World shader, and added the player as pivot to the controller. It makes the curve render in the wrong direction, and now both the player and the camera continue straight ahead, not following the curve.

26. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

At this point for me it is completely unclear what may be wrong or incorrectly setup in you scene, script and controller.
    Can you record "It makes the curve render in the wrong direction" from side (not from camera view). May be I'll understand it better.
    Keep player as pivot point and with non Curved World shader.

27. HaakonL

HaakonL

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lt6s4tTXJRYWZV0Km7Z3P9L3E06YRfh1/view?usp=sharing

28. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Now I see that you are using Spiral Vertical bend type. It has several controls, Pivot Point and Rotation Center are crucial. Instead of manually updating those parameters I'd suggest to use active scene objects. Click on Create button for both parameters and adjust position of those two created transforms in a scene to fit you requirements.
    For Spiral Vertical bend type Pivot Point is a center position of your 'world'. Rotation Center is a point the 'world' bends around. You can control/animate entire 'world' bending and rolling by simply moving this point.
    After you set up those two parameters and understand how Spiral Vertical bend type works and how its parameters affect mesh bending move to the next step -> controlling player position in that 'world'.
    For the player to have bending effect you have two options: 1) Use Curved World shaders or 2) update player's position (not using Curved World shader) from script to follow curvature.
    The last step is controlling Camera. As it is not a mesh and can not use Curved World shaders, the only option for it to follow the curvature is modifying its position using script. You may need to create parent object and make Camera its child. Parent will use camera navigation script for moving and its child (with Camera) using TransformDynamicPosition script (this is script used in example scene) will convert Camera's real world position into Curved World position.

Bending object position using script is explained in documentation and in two example scenes: Non - Shader Bending (Scene 1) and Non - Shader Bending (Scene 2).
    Check TransformDynamicPosition script used in those scenes too.

29. vanyfilatov

vanyfilatov

Are scripts and shaders in package protected from editing?

30. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

31. WinterT

WinterT

Where does one actually place the CurvedWorld_BoundingBox script in the scene if they run into their mesh disappearing due to early culling? I know it required a non-static gameobject however the only non-static gameobject I have is the "player" with a FirstPersonCharacter (From GAIA). Adding the BoundBox script to each layer of this object did not resolve my particular issue.

32. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Assign it to a mesh gameobject. Script overrides mesh bounding box and makes it visible to a Camera.
    If you can not use above script on a mesh (it is static) then you have to use CurvedWorld_Camera on Camera gameobject to override its frustum culling.

33. WinterT

WinterT

Thank you very much for the response. I originally tried using the CurvedWorld_Camera script but all adjusting the focal length did was increase or decrease the size of the vanishing mesh blocks. For the bounding box, I created a cube mesh, attached it to my FirstPersonPlayer, removed the collider, and extended the bounding box range until it was past the terrain (non-curved) limit. I'm more than likely doing this incorrectly since it had no change in the visuals.

34. maxaud

maxaud

What support is there for VR?

35. KarimZoPr0

KarimZoPr0

Is Curved World 2020 able to curve Gaia terrain?

And why isn't there any discord server for this asset?

36. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Standard VR support as all Unity built-in shader have. Curved World is integrated into those shaders.

Curved World includes overridden version of the Unity default terrain shader and if Gaia uses those shader too, then you can use both assets together.
    If Gaia uses custom terrain shaders, then you have to manually integrate Curved World in those shaders or ask Gaia developer.

37. foyleman

foyleman

Unity 2020.2.0f1 URP
    I cannot import Universal without errors.
    I started a new URP project. Import from the asset store. Import the Universal Package.
    I am then immediately met with shader issues.

Here are the first 2:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Particles/Lit': redefinition of 'AttributesParticle' at World/Shaders/Custom/Particles/ParticlesLitForwardPass.hlsl(6) (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    5. Disabled keywords: _NORMALMAP _EMISSION _METALLICSPECGLOSSMAP _RECEIVE_SHADOWS_OFF _ALPHAPREMULTIPLY_ON _ALPHAMODULATE_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _COLOROVERLAY_ON _COLORCOLOR_ON _COLORADDSUBDIFF_ON _FLIPBOOKBLENDING_ON _SOFTPARTICLES_ON _FADING_ON _DISTORTION_ON _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS_VERTEX _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS _ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS _SHADOWS_SOFT FOG_LINEAR FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 CURVEDWORLD_DISABLED_ON CURVEDWORLD_NORMAL_TRANSFORMATION_ON UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Amazing Assets/Curved World/Simple Lit': 'InitializeInputData': output parameter 'inputData' not completely initialized at World/Shaders/Custom/Lit/SimpleLitForwardPass.hlsl(43) (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Fragment program with CURVEDWORLD_BEND_TYPE_CLASSICRUNNER_X_POSITIVE
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    5. Disabled keywords: _ALPHATEST_ON _ALPHAPREMULTIPLY_ON _SPECGLOSSMAP _SPECULAR_COLOR _GLOSSINESS_FROM_BASE_ALPHA _NORMALMAP _EMISSION _RECEIVE_SHADOWS_OFF _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS_VERTEX _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS _ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS _SHADOWS_SOFT _MIXED_LIGHTING_SUBTRACTIVE DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED LIGHTMAP_ON FOG_LINEAR FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 INSTANCING_ON CURVEDWORLD_BEND_TYPE_TWISTEDSPIRAL_X_POSITIVE CURVEDWORLD_DISABLED_ON CURVEDWORLD_NORMAL_TRANSFORMATION_ON UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30
    I can clear the errors but if I apply a curved shader and adjust it, the errors come back and no curving takes place.

38. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, I created a 'Plane' and used 'Curved World Shader' for it. When I changed 'Horizontal' in 'Cured World Controller.cs', the 'Plane' rotates well but the texture does not rotate correctly. How can I solve this problem?

20201222150028.png

39. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Update for Unity 2020.2 will be released in several days. Already working on it.

Is it custom shader? Looks like textures are mapping with vertex screen or world coordinates.

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  40. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

It should be a lit shader in Curved World, but the strange thing is that I can't find it in 'Curved World' now as shown in the picture. Finally I copied ‘SimpleTownLite_Road.mat’ and found that everything is fine now and the texture can be rotated correctly.

20201222181037.png

41. tredpro

tredpro

Just to make sure I don't buy it and can't use it again. Does the 2020 version support use with cts? I have never been able to use the original one since it never could work with it. This one sounds like it may support use with both. Im also currently using the built in pipeline

42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Like in the previous version, Curved World needs to be integrated into a shader.
    In the case of CTS - as it is third party shader and not part of the Curved World package, you have to integrate Curved World vertex transformation manually (as explained in Documentation) or ask CTS developer to make it Curved World compatible.

43. extsv_forest

extsv_forest

hell yeah!!!!! I just spend 2 hours for combining toon shader2 and world curve and found this. so...super...happy

44. gearball

gearball

I got several script errors after importing Universal.unitypackage

Errors :

1. Assets\Amazing Assets\Curved World\Editor\Material Editors\Builtin\ParticlesUnlitShader.cs(81,13): error CS0103: The name 'DrawQueueOffsetField' does not exist in the current context

2. Assets\Amazing Assets\Curved World\Editor\Material Editors\Builtin\ParticlesSimpleLitShader.cs(82,13): error CS0103: The name 'DrawQueueOffsetField' does not exist in the current context

3. Assets\Amazing Assets\Curved World\Editor\Material Editors\Builtin\ParticlesLitShader.cs(81,13): error CS0103: The name 'DrawQueueOffsetField' does not exist in the current context

4. Assets\Amazing Assets\Curved World\Editor\Material Editors\Builtin\LitShader.cs(28,54): error CS0103: The name 'headerStateKey' does not exist in the current context

45. blackant

blackant

Hello,
    i have a small problem with my custom shader.

firstly i made it with amplify shader, used the node to integrate it like i did before, it was working nicely on other shaders i did, but not this one...
    i got error, material UI etc...

so i modified it manually to get it to bend, and now it bends correctly, and i have the UI... but...

as you can see on the screen, everything is full black. (division by 0 somewhere...)

i made a short video to see better what i am doing.

the sound has not been recorded, i also explain that there is speed difference in the amplify shader project, when i move the camera, and i don't understand why. May it be due to scale differences between the meshes ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  46. blackant

blackant

I just added a new shader made with amplify with the same problem.
    as you can see the clouds around the mountain are not curving like the rest of the environment.

or maybe it works, because when the rest of the meshes are going back to the player position, those meshes aren't following .

Attached Files:

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What Unity version are you using? If it is 2020+, then update to 2020.2.1 and download update from the store.

It is very difficult to answer. If Curved World works in other shader but not in your custom shader, then mostly problem may in your custom shader. Curved World node requires vertex position and from video it is unclear what kind of data you are using. Division by 0 and black rendered result may be because of it.
    UI problem - you are coping Amplify Shader into another project, and it is Amplify Shader Editor warning that there is no correct Custom Editor script. This is AS warning, not Curve World. Do both projects use the same AS?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  48. blackant

blackant

well, finally it works, but it is not Bended with others assets.

i get this error:
    Could not create a custom UI for the shader 'Blackant Master Studio/Snow Curved World'. The shader has the following: 'CustomEditor = ASEMaterialInspector'. Does the custom editor specified include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

i think all is here

Attached Files:

49. blackant

blackant

Hooo... ASE error would be from amplify shader ? well, does it means that i must import amplify editor inside my project ?

50. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

ASEMaterialInspector - this is not Curved World related error. It is inspector script for AS shaders and it must be included in AS package.
    If in your project is not installed AS and you do not what to install it, then just remove that line in shader file, where CustomEditor is declared (it will be in the very end of a shader file).