Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Editor window checks if class AmplifyShaderEditor.AmplifyShaderEditorWindow exist in project. You can disable this checking:
    1) Open Curved World\Editor\Utilities\EditorUtilities file.
    2) Search for CanGenerateAmplifyShaderFuntion method (it is somewhere at line 1249).
    3) Make method always return true.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

2. LTYE

LTYE

I sourced all the pragma vertex instances in their respective hsdl files and added the transforms there but still no success. Do the definitions also maybe need to be added at hsdl level?

Attached Files:

3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

1) Curved World macros in your screenshot uses 'v' variable, while DepthOnlyVertex method uses 'input'.
    Change all 'v' to 'input'.
    2) Attribute class has no normal and tangent, required by Curved World normal transformation. Add them to the Attribute class or use only Curved World vertex transformation macros.
    3) Attribute class uses 'position' - in Curved World transformation change all 'vertex' to 'position'
    4) Move all Curved World transformation macros below initialization - UNITY_INITIALIZE_VERTEX_OUTPUT_STEREO

To modify custom shaders you really need knowledge of shader programing. Better ask shader author to modify it for you to add Curved World compatibility.

4. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

This worked thank you :)

now i have a general questions: I have terrain which is using a heightmap + normal map. I already got the curve working for the terrain itself, but i wonder how i would change the normals of my normalmap. Should i blend between the "Node Normal" output or do i need to do a complex calculation?

Also is there a way to use the vertex displacement in a VFX graph?

5. Osteel

Osteel

Hi! Really like this asset and hope to use it for a prototype I'm making.

I have a character and environment using the Classic Runner (Z Positive), and was wondering how I would handle having the camera (which follows the character via cinemachine) also rotate with the curve?

Thanks!

6. XyrisKenn

XyrisKenn

Has anyone tried Curved World with terrain CTS shaders?

7. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World modifies original vertex normal, it does not need any interaction or blending with normal maps.
    In Shader Graph and Amplify Shader Editor, just connect output of the Curved World node to the Master node's vertex normal.
    upload_2020-8-1_15-10-54.png
    You can use normal maps as common, connect to Master node's Normal (not vertex normal).

Have not worked with camera rotations with cinemachine. Have no any suggestions to offer.
    Note, check Manual file Bend Types chapter. It explains bend algorithms and limitation you may encounter. Rotating camera around objects with Classic Runner bend type may not work as you expect.

Curved World can be integrated into any custom shader. If you have no shader programing skills, better ask CTS publisher to make it compatible with Curved World. It is very easy and all required step are described in Manual file in the last chapter.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  8. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

Any plan to support VFX graph?

9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Does VFX graph needs some special support? I had no time to play with that tool.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  10. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

just asking if a position to "curved world" position transformation node is planned

11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Currently no plans related to the VFX Graph. As I wrote above I had no time to work with that tool yet.

12. LTYE

LTYE

When using a little planet bend of 2 on my open world environment the shadows are acting strange. You can see they start to appear very close to camera and then get culled in the mid ground. Attached are the comparison shots of curve on and off. Is there a way to display shadows correctly in little planet curve?

Attached Files:

13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Try enabling normal transformation for shaders and check Manual file chapter Mesh disappearing and early culling.

14. LTYE

LTYE

My
    My environment assets do not use any normal maps so when turning on normal transforms I only get strange result with unshaded objects appearing in strange positions like the screenshot attached. The solutions in the culling chapter had no result unfortunately. Could the issue be something to do with occlusion culling also?

Attached Files:

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World normal transformation adjusts mesh vertex normal for correct light interaction. You may not use normal maps, but correctly adjusted mesh vertex normal is preferable for light interaction.
    Normal transformation requires mesh to have Tangent vector too (Manual page: 16), or calculated normal will not be correct.

Problems on screenshot (as I see):
    1) Shadows are not rendered from some distance from camera. You can increase shadow distance in Project settings.
    2) Mesh does not cast correct shadow. It may be outside of camera's or light source's field of view. It can be fixed by using Curved World Camera and/or Curved World Bounding Box scripts.
    3) Mesh does not receive correct shadow. May be its normal vector is not correct. Enable normal transformation inside shader too.
    4) Do you use custom shaders? Make sure all passes there have Curved World transformation. Including shadow pass that may be described in the same shader or in dependent Fallback shader.
    5) "Ghost Trees" - do you use built-in render pipeline with image effects (post processing)? Do they disappear if disabling all image effects?

16. CEZO

CEZO

Hi there .. im really having a little problem . where can i find the Classic Runner and the Zombie Runner.???

how can i use this games template i buy all your game template only because of this .. can you please provide me with right tutorial cause i cant get certain things not to work.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-05 um 17.41.24.png Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-05 um 17.39.33.png

17. LTYE

LTYE

Thanks so much for the help! I had missed a few transforms at pass level. Added them in and it all works great without having to set normals or bounding boxes. Ill leave you a good review on the store!

18. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Templates from the screen shot are not available in the new Curved World. Those scenes where made for previous Curved world and were using assets from Unity Survival Shooter. In the new version they are replaced with Tanks! Tutorial assets.
    You can manually download Unity Survival Shooter and replace meshes in Curved World example scenes. Both templates exists in new Curved World but with different set of meshes.

19. Zilk

Zilk

Downloaded the latest Curved World (URP support) and implemented it. Getting a build error though, might be something I've done incorrect.

Assets/External/Amazing Assets/Curved World/Scripts/CurvedWorldCamera.cs(91,45): error CS0103: The name 'visualizeInEditor' does not exist in the current context

20. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Open CurvedWorldCamera script file and wrap OnDrawGizmos method using #if statement
    Code (CSharp):
    2. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    3.      private void OnDrawGizmos()
    4.      {
    5.       .....
    6.      }
    7. #endif
    Will fix it in upcoming update.

Zilk likes this.
  21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  22. blackant

blackant

Hello,

i am trying to modify Lux Water shader to integrate it into LittlePlanet Y. but is hard to get any kind of result.

I have asked on Lux water forum page but, it doesn't help me enough.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-lux-water.536631/page-27

maybe you can find what to do easily ?

i don't know where to put the first part of code copied, and if like larberstram said, modifying his code to integrate it corectly.

23. bourriquet

bourriquet

Hi, thanks for your great asset.
    Would it be possible to create a custom curve? Like moving the Z axis along a 3D spline for example?

24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I do not have Lux Water asset, but it seems that it is not just one file and it is necessary to modify several shaders to integrate Curved World.
    Modifying custom shaders needs knowledge of shader programing, and it is better to be done by shader author. In this case you will not have to worry if it is updated or modified.

Currently there are not bend types with custom curves. Added to a wish-list.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  25. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

First off, I love this asset and I've already published a project using it

YouradicaRun(Android, this was more of a lab to learn how stuff like music streaming can work in Unity )

So with the new URP support , do I still need to change all the shaders for each object ?

26. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes, it is unavoidable. As those are different shader files.

27. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Are there any examples of Curved World being used to loop around in circles? I understand that Curved World is purely shader driven and has no gameplay implementations included for such a thing, but surely someone has made an example right?

28. bourriquet

bourriquet

Any hints on how I would be to do it by myself?

29. christougher

christougher

For a maze project I had a 3x3 grid of mazes that connected to each other. As I moved one way or another I basically leap frogged the mazes behind me to the front and created a pretty smooth looking "spherical" maze.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  30. christougher

christougher

@BlankMauser Here's a video of how I "looped" my grid of 9 mazes...

BlankMauser likes this.
  31. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

32. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Today will be released new update. It may fix those problems too.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    JustAKgiDev likes this.
  33. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

Alright. I mean it's very possible I'm doing something wrong. Can you get terrain to work perfectly? I don't see any examples of it.

34. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No example is needed. You just use Curved World shader for terrain. That's all.

35. JustAKgiDev

JustAKgiDev

I tried the new update it works perfectly now. Thanks a lot.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Quick question: will/does CurvedWorld 2020 support Microsplat (URP) ?

37. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World can be integrated into any custom shader. If it is asset from the Asset Store, then it is up to the publisher whether he wants to make his asset compatible with Curved World or no.

38. FiftyYtl

FiftyYtl

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I was having problems that i mentioned below, and it was happening because of non english characters generated by some scripts in asset and its related with my computer. Developer sent some updated files and its fixed. I believe this files will be in future updates. Thx for answering all my emails to solve the problems. 5 stars to developer.

Anyone having problem about making it work on Z axis for Classic Runner ? OR any different axis instead of X+ ?

I tried both built in-rp and urp its not working. I can not add another axis to the materials or manager whatever you want to call it. When i try to add parameter via material window using missing parameter > actions > update shader it throws errors and breaks the working other axis while using urp. It doesn't throw any error while using built in-rp but doesnt work.

I'm trying to solve problem with dev via e-mail but i wonder if any1 having the same problem with me ?

Using unity 2019LTS + URP 7.4.1

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  39. turick00

turick00

Just stumbled upon this asset and I'm instantly super excited about it for a number of projects. But first things first...

I'll start by mentioning I'm using ECS. I want to create an entire earth scale planet. My thought is, I keep the player centered at 0,0,0 and have the planet rotate under the player as they move. Then, I just load subscenes of some size as the player travels.

Is this asset the right tool for the job? I suppose I could use a series of curved planes, or one giant plane wrapped into a globe.... or should I just use a huge sphere?

40. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

For permanency reasons it is better to not rotate entire planet (with all its objects) but make it static, and move only player.
    Yes, it is better to load/unload sub-scenes, instead of having one scene with all objects.

41. chanfui

chanfui

Sorry I'm a Unity beginner. Bought the Curve World 2020 asset.

What should I do if the material not found? Already install latest URP and update project material. Have study for an hour and couldn't find any solution. On Tutorial 1 it seems working well only with Sprite> Normal shader. The rest gives me pink missing shader.

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 2.51.42 PM.png

Also, In Shader Package there's a lot of missing shaders including mobile shader. Do I have to wait for 2020 asset?

Screenshot 2020-09-26 at 2.53.09 PM.png

Thank you.

42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Seems you are using built-in render pipeline and had imported Universal package.
    Check your project Render Pipeline in graphic settings and import appropriate Curved World package.

43. chanfui

chanfui

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    Have to restart Unity sometimes on my Macbook to let things to take effects, little glitch there but it's working fine.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  44. SVC-Games

SVC-Games

Greetings,

I already purchased the original version a few years back, is there a discount to upgrade for previous users?

Regards,
    Sergio

45. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes, there is discount for existing users. Instead of purchasing new Curved World for 45$, it is possible to upgrade from previous version just for 10$.
    Note, upgrade discount is valid until deprecating old Curved World on November 1, 2020.

46. shaoleibo

shaoleibo

SRP:Node is not compatible with SRP batcher. The tris count incress very much show in Stats .Performance degradation is obvious!!!

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Do not confirm.

Simple lit ShaderGraph file:
    upload_2020-10-23_14-17-13.png

Inspector displays: SRP Batcher - compatible.
    upload_2020-10-23_14-19-56.png

Scene with 3744 objects using same material: Batching works.
    upload_2020-10-23_14-21-11.png

Same scene with instanced materials: Batching works.
    upload_2020-10-23_14-22-27.png

Did I miss something?

Note, SRP Bathing requires all per-material shader properties to be declared in a specific way (declared in a single CBUFFER named “UnityPerMaterial”). Curved World does not use any per-material shader properties. Generated ShaderGraph node is just a mathematical function transforming vertex based on its world position.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    atomicjoe likes this.
  48. GilbertoBitt

GilbertoBitt

Ok! that amazing but how achieve this loop effect when is a planet? how to loop it?

49. christougher

christougher

When you say planet, do you mean an actual special mesh? Or do you mean a flat plane that you want to simulate a planet with? If you mean flat planes then maybe the same approach I had with 9 planes that match along the seams. I couldn't really figure out a way to rearrange an unwrapped cube which would much more accurately simulate a sphere.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    GilbertoBitt likes this.
  50. GilbertoBitt

GilbertoBitt

a flat planes that will be render like a sphere.