Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

May it is possible. But do not expect them in the new future. Added to a wishlist.
    Currently I am working on Spiral type bend effects with double rotation:

VacuumShaders - Facebook Twitter YouTube

2. Jean-Pif

Jean-Pif

Hi there, I'm considering purchasing this asset which looks fantastic, but I'm already using a little specific shader for Water on mobile, do you think it may still work with it? that shader creates an illusion of water surface by rendering the water texture "directly" on the surfaces of the objects, its not the most straightforward but it really has good performance on mobile thats why I definitely want to keep it :)
    it's here and its free, it would be wonderful if you have time to look at it and tell me if you think it's compatible with Curved world.
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/mobile-depth-water-shader-89541

3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I have not done deep analyze exactly what that shader does, but here is result of adding Curved World vertex transformation (Little Plane bend type)
    upload_2019-3-1_15-5-19.png

It is better to ask developer to add Curved World support, it's safer for future updates or shader changes.

Note: Curved World is per-vertex transformation shader and mesh vertex density defines how smooth curve will be.
    In example scene above water object was used Unity Quad mesh and there is no way to bend it, replaced with Plane.

4. Jean-Pif

Jean-Pif

Well yes it doesn't seem to play well together for now. Thanks a lot for the help, I'm getting the Curved world asset anyway and will try it more in-depth, will post here if i get these working!

5. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

6. hopeful

hopeful

That's a really well-done demo! :)

7. yesyesok

yesyesok

hey, I was planning to purchase the asset but was wondering if there will be support for hdrp in next update?

8. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Current update I'm working on now to release in two weeks - No. May be next update.
    Problem with HDRP is that lots of things are still experimental and in rapid change and it's a big headache for developer to support all those updates.

9. yesyesok

yesyesok

alright thanks for the reply

10. bgUnity1

bgUnity1

Hello I am currently developing a multiplayer split screen game and need to figure out how to get the shaders to work with two cameras.

Currently I'm guessing the controller script only works on one transform (one camera)?

Is there a way to set it up for two?

I saw a comment on this thread ask you the same question but you replied saying to modify the shaders. unfortunately I have no experience with shaders so I am not really able to modify them. Is there any out of the box method of doing split screen with the shaders?

Thansk!

11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No out of the box solution. All shaders use same global bend parameters declared in CurvedWorld_Base.cginc file.
    If you need shaders to have different bending parameters modifying all shaders and CurvedWorld_Base.cginc file is unavoidable.
    As I already have received several such question/request I'll bookmark it for future update.

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World v2019.2 is out.
    8376.png

Update for Classic Runner and Little Planet assets will be released on Monday (March 31)

MarkN likes this.
  13. tieum67

tieum67

Hello, i m discovering the way shaders are working. I would like to make a custom shader from an existing shader. I understood where to add the #include line. But i dont know where to put the "inline void V_CW_TransformPoint(inout float4 vertex)" line. Is there a way to send you the shader so that you can give me some advice ? Thanks !

14. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Check two example shaders: Unlit and Surface Shader.
    Additional you can check Particle shaders, they are Unity default Particle shaders with integrated Curved World.
    In all included shader you can see where and how V_CW_TransformPoint() is used.

15. MarkN

MarkN

Hi. I bought the Little Planet standalone version a short while ago - it works really well. Or it did until I applied the update yesterday. I get the following 2 errors which seem to be preventing the standard shader from working (if I change the affected materials to use "1 directional light" everything works, and the particle shader also works):

Shader error in 'VaccumShaders/Curved World/Standard': unrecognized identifier 'UNITY POSITION' at Assets/VacuumShaders/Curved World/Shaders/cginc/UnityStandardCore.cginc(365) (on d3d11)

Shader error in 'VaccumShaders/Curved World/Standard': unrecognized identifier 'UNITY POSITION' at Assets/VacuumShaders/Curved World/Shaders/cginc/UnityStandardShadow.cginc(172) (on d3d11)

This could easily be me being a bit dim, but I've followed the update instructions as far as I can see, and I just can't get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers. :)

16. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Try: Remove package from the project, clear asset store cache folder and re-download asset.

17. MarkN

MarkN

I've tried that, but get exactly the same result, unfortunately (I'm assuming clearing the cache means deleting the contents of your folder in users/AppData/Roaming/Unity/AssetStore etc.)

18. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Check the Unity Engine version asset is submitted with.
    For Unity 2017 you need Unity 2017.4.10 or later version
    For Unity 2018.2 - Unity 2018.2.5
    For Unity 2018.3 - Unity 2018.3

What version do you use?

19. MarkN

MarkN

Short answer: Updating fixed it - many thanks. Things are looking great again. :)

Long answer: I had tried the "Check For Updates" option, but it said I was up to date. Your mention of version numbers that looked different to mine made me realise it's been ages since it last updated, so I downloaded the latest installer. When I ran it the only item to install was the Linux Build module. I think "Check For Updates" may only work if last time you updated you installed an engine update, perhaps. My version was stupidly old.

Apologies for wasting your time, but thanks for getting me back up-to-date.

Also - I have to say, the new modes are looking fantastic. I've got ideas that would work brilliantly with them.

20. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hello, LRP will be officially launched this month. Will you support LRP in the near future?

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

There are several problems (bugs) with current SRP, if in official release they are fixed then I can support it.
    I'm waiting too.

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  22. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

OK, thanks for reply.

23. gzlock

gzlock

How is it compatible with Scriptable Render Pipeline (LWRP)?
    When used the SRP settings, lost the texture and the curved effect

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

LWRP support is in development. Coming soon.

25. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

I have moved my Projekt from Unity 5.66 to 2018.314f1

After conversion everything works as expected.
    Then I updated the curved world asset to the new version (where there is no bias variables exposed in Curved world controller but where it says offset instead) and get a reproducable flickering in my infinite runners background objects that use the curved world standard shader (universal curving) and that looks like Z-Fighting. The flickering is also there if I turn off the curving.

If I roll back with Git the old Curved World verson the flickering is gone.

I tried recompiling the shaders by switching the curve mode but the flickering in the new version does not go away.
    I rolled back again and decided to stay on the old version for the time being.

I also checked the project with Unity 2019, same flickering.
    Do you have any experience with this flickering phenomenon?

I don`t really know where to search for the reason for this, must have something to do with the Curved wrld versions for sure because it is not present in the old Curve World that has the Bias parameter.

Has anybody any experience with something like this?

26. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Create new empty project and import Curved World package only. Is there any mesh flickering in example scenes?

27. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Hi, I need to check with an empty scene. Will do that and update.

But with the old Curved World I can confirm there is zero flickering, and as soon as I update it flickers-- i do not know why though, might have something to do with baked light on the background objects.

28. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

I have a different question now
    I would love to use Toony Colors Pro shader with curved world, and in the asset description it says it works--
    I kow I need to mod the shader code, but I am not experienced with shader code.

In your "custom shader" pdf it says:
    So-- what is the vertex shader pass?
    I looked into standard sghader and toony colors pro 2 mobile specular and I cannot find anything named vertex shader pass--- there is a Shader and Subshader thing--- I also could not find any reference to vertex shader pass online.

29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You will need basic shader programing knowledge to re-write shaders.
    For Toony Colors Pro 2 compatibility check its documentation. There will be described how make shaders work with Curved World.

[edit]
    Untitled.png

30. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

31. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Thanks again again for the help.
    I have just familiarized myself with the ToonyPro/Curved World shader generator and it leaves nothing to be desired, it is a perfect match. Thanks, Totally awesome.

32. Valera981

Valera981

Hello. I try to use Curved World for android and I had some problem. When I build apk with example from Curved World everything works fine. When I build apk with my scene, material which uses CW shader is pink and Curved World doesn't work. For PC build everything works fine.

33. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Maybe shader is not supported on mobile.
    Open shader file and in the end of the file will be Fallback shader name. Include it in the Always Included Shaders array of GraphicsSettings.

34. gzlock

gzlock

Thanks for reply and look forward to the new version.
    I have a new issue:
    Without the curved world I know a few ways to check the game object is displayed on the screen or not.
    But when used the curved world in the tunnel style game, how do I check that game object was disply on the screen?
    upload_2019-5-9_1-13-10.png

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  35. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What you mean by "display on the screen":
    1) Object being inside camera view frustum? (it still may be hidden behind another object).
    2) Being visible on the screen.

For the first one, check 8. Follow (Script Bending) example scene and how objects without Curved World shaders are updated and use that methods.
    For the second question there is no answer as another mesh with Curved World shader may prevent its visibility.

36. impfactory

impfactory

How can i imigrate ToonyColors Shader to this CurvedShader?

I have no idea for how.

The ToonyColorShader seems doesn't have Vertex Shader

So i tried to add it, but still doesn't work.

In ToonyShader-DemoCat-UnityChan-Style1

struct appdata_tcp2
    {
    float4 vertex : POSITION;
    float3 normal : NORMAL;
    float4 texcoord : TEXCOORD0;
    float4 texcoord1 : TEXCOORD1;
    float4 texcoord2 : TEXCOORD2;

float4 tangent : TANGENT;

UNITY_VERTEX_INPUT_INSTANCE_ID

};
    //
    void vert(inout appdata_tcp2 v, out Input o)
    {
    UNITY_INITIALIZE_OUTPUT(Input, o);
    CURVED_WORLD_TRANSFORM_POINT_AND_NORMAL(v.vertex, v.normal, v.tangent);
    }
    //

Ofc i wrote #Include~~~ on top.

37. Callumnibus

Callumnibus

Hi,

I love this assets. Tried to make my own shader but the work you've done is just way better :D

I'm wondering if you can help me with this issue though. I'm using the tiny planet shader package. The shaders all seem to mess around with my model normals. I have this alien and using the unity standard shader it looks like this:
    alien_default.png

But using the curved world default shader looks like this:
    alien_curved_world_default.png

As a note I'm using zero world curvature in this example to make it clearer but the problems remains for any curve.

There's a link here to the blender model file if you might find that helpful
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgvnb53yqw7q4t8/alien_egg.blend?dl=0

Thanks in advance for your help!

38. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Make sure your model has correct UV and Tangents.
    Unity Standard shader does need them, but required for Curved World shaders for reconstructing Normals after vertex transformation.

39. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Almost finished working on new update supporting LWRP and ShaderGraph shaders.

GreenGateComp, pixelsteam and hopeful like this.
  40. unity_ZMElcEv8IUWKvg

unity_ZMElcEv8IUWKvg

hi. I have a problem using this asset.
    I tried to make a bent world by making new chunks, but there is a gap between the masses as shown in the picture. Where is the problem?

Attached Files:

41. gamezuv

gamezuv

Hi, I have mesh materializer purchased but I want to use curve world. I cant find curve world after importing mesh materializer. Please help. Ty

42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Mesh
    Mesh Materializer asset does not include Curved World asset.

43. unity_xBzMY11q312Cmw

unity_xBzMY11q312Cmw

Does this work in mobile VR?

44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Works.

45. mranubhav

mranubhav

There is a bug ,it works perfectly on mobile devices but when you check GPU instancing ,after that it doesn't work .
    Using unity 2019.1.0f2 with LWRP , curved world latest (brought yesterday),project blend type -classic world axis Z positive.

46. mranubhav

mranubhav

only occurs on mobile platform but not in editor

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Confirm problem with GPU Instancing. Working on fix, but think problem is at Unity's side and LWRP.

[EDIT]
    Fixed. Download new version.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  48. Nixellion

Nixellion

Hi, awesome asset! And thanks for adding ShaderGraph option as well.

However I'm not sure how to use it, is there any documentation about it? I see that there's Lit (Shader Graph Source) file, and I can open it, edit and it works fine. However it seems that I can't duplicate it to create multiple different shaders from it? When I duplicate the shader it stops curving. What am I missing?

49. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Check CustomShaders.pdf file inside Doc folder.
    Copy HLSL shader from ShaderGraph into .shader file. Integrate Curved World inside this .shader with one click.

50. Nixellion

Nixellion

Thanks for quick reply!

It would be great to have a one-click option to generate HLSL .shader file with integrated Curved World after clicking on the shadergraph source code file. This would make iterations a lot faster.