Search Unity

Curved World (OLD) - Screen Space Curvature Shader

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Which Unity version do you use? And what type of Curved World shaders do you use?

VacuumShaders - Facebook Twitter YouTube

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. danteswap

danteswap

i have unity 4.6 and i use bumped specular shaders . it works fine when i deploy it on android device but on windows phone it goes pinkish

3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Currently I can not test on Windows phone, but it may be due to Shadow Caster pass. It is discussed here.
    Open baked shader file and remove Shadow Caster pass:
    UsePass "Hidden/VacuumShaders/Curved World/ShadowPass/SHADOWCASTER"

4. danteswap

danteswap

remove means delete it or comment it

5. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

@danteswap
    For shader both of them means the same. If you comment it (will be excluded from shader), later if you want you will be able to uncomment again.

6. danteswap

danteswap

It didnt work . Ok let me tell you what i did . first i drag my model in heirrarchy the in inspector below mesh renderer in materials . i select Vaccum shader >curved world > one dorection light >diffuse . and backed it and after that i get my build shader in backed section ok . now i deployed same in both windows phone and android . it worked in android but not in windows phone. now as you say i deleted that shadow caster line after that also it didnt work . please help me .

7. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Can you try Unlit shader ? If it will not work then its Windwos phone problem and I can do nothing.

Edit: Try putting baked shader in Resources folder. Move shader from Baked folder to Resouce folder, both of them are inside CurvedWorld/Shaders/ folder.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  8. danteswap

danteswap

Which one in unlit . It has many like blend , cutout ,reflective , terrain, transperent , uv scroll. and inside each of them there are many . so which one . plzz

9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

10. danteswap

danteswap

11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Seam it is Windwos phone problem and currently I can do nothing.

12. danteswap

danteswap

Hey i have a shader file that also apply curved effect and it is working in windows phone so if i give you that shader file then will you be able to do something

13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It's out of the scope of this forum, so continue in PM. Also please provide Curved World invoice number from Asset Store.

14. danteswap

danteswap

yeah sure

15. diegosng

diegosng

HI, i have some issues, with the shadow on the objects, seems the effect don't apply on the shadows, is this right? Anyone have a solution?

16. danteswap

danteswap

Whats your unity version and whats your curved world version

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Send me detail info in PM.

18. danteswap

danteswap

hey dev i messaged you in private but got no reply from you for last 2 days regarding that windows phone problem . From my side i edited the backed shader file with some custom code and as a result i was able to remove that pink problem and got all the texture on windows phone but now a new problem . The curved effect was not there it was as straight as no curved effect. Hope you will reply with some solutions this time:)

19. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Actually I am waiting for asset invoice number that I requested, without it I can not help.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  20. danteswap

danteswap

I told you my problem why cant i provide the invoice number . Ok dont help me on shader but can you provide me with a video of curved shader working on a windows phone . or just a short scene builded for windows phone that i can deploy on my device to check weather or not the shaders are compitable with windows phone or not If the scene works perfectly on windows phone then it will be a good time for me to proceed for checkouts .. Hope you understand why i need a solid proof .If your shaders are not compitable with the windows phone then there will not the the need of procedding further to the checkouts .

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

22. danteswap

danteswap

Ok no problem thanks for helping till now .. And plz mention on asset store the curved world suppports all mobile platform except windows phone . So that the people know that and plz inform me whenever the curved shader supports windows phone so i could buy it . for now nothing more but plz inform me about the support in future ..have a nice day.

23. BEGINSTUDIO

BEGINSTUDIO

Looks like a great asset that I would like to purchase. ETA on full support and shadow fix, Unity 5? Thanks!

Milo_del_mal likes this.
  24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No ETA for Unity 5. May be next week, I will have some info to share about new Curved World.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  25. BEGINSTUDIO

BEGINSTUDIO

Ok. Thanks. Until then a pending sale. Hurry up! :) Cheers!

26. sirio21

sirio21

Hi! it work with unity terrain? thanks,

27. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

In Unity 4 no. I am working to make it for Unity 5.

28. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Very interested! Sadly I am on Unity 5, so I am very looking forward to the Unity 5 version.

29. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Arhivrag,

I really enjoy your plugin and I think it is a tremendous achievement. I have reviewed the documentation, but I am unclear on the difference between the "Scene Material Manager" and "Scene Material Baker" (across updates) as it pertains to baking Curved World materials in a scene. At present, the path 'Window / Vacuum Shaders / Curved World / Scene Material Manager" detects Curved World materials, but there is no button to "Bake" or "Bake And Replace" (as described in the 'Read Me'). I appreciate any advice you have to offer. Thanks again.

30. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Arhivrag,

Please excuse my above comment, I detected the difference. Thank you!

31. InvincibleCat

InvincibleCat

Hi,

First of all thank you for your excellent work !
    Is it compatible with light probes ?
    If yes how ?

Thanks !

32. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Arhivrag,

How do you determine the optimal scale for 'Mesh Bound Corrector'? Also, why is the 'Mesh Bound Corrector' not applied in the 'Football' example scene (I don't see it applied anywhere in the Inspector)?

33. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Light probes are not supported, cause I forget about them :D, will try to add them in the next update. Currently I am working on new Curved World for Unity 5.

I do not determine optimal scale, you do it with 'Mesh Bound Scale' parameter inside script. Not every object needs that script, only those that are culled by unity before rendering and are disappearing.

34. InvincibleCat

InvincibleCat

Thanks for the quick reply :) One more question: how can I add fog ? Real time shadows (with bakied lightmaps) ?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  35. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Fog can controlled locally (check-box Fog) or globally for all shaders by the same check-box in the GlobalController script.
    You can use baked lightmaps or only realtime shadows, not together (related only to Unity 4 version).

36. xaeroxx

xaeroxx

Hi,

Is it possible to change the values of CurvedWorld_GlobalController in runtime through a script? So that we can change how the world bend anytime we want.

Thanks in advance..

37. InvincibleCat

InvincibleCat

I want to be able to project shadow of my main character. Any idea how can I do this ? (the environment is lightmaped)

38. InvincibleCat

InvincibleCat

Yes, use CurvedWorld_GlobalController.get._V_CW_X_Bend_Size_GLOBAL for example

Thorny2000 likes this.
  39. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes, here is example: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cu...e-curvature-shader.281186/page-2#post-1899446

May be use projector shaders (not dynamic but, better than nothing). I'll add that as request to 'todo list'.

40. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Thank you so much for your reply! Your input and clarification really helped. I also noticed there are strange effects that occur with Oculus DK2. Specifically, the rotation tracking is altering the horizon line in screen space. With enough effort, you can bend the horizon in x, y, or z which disrupts the continuity of the [curved space] illusion. Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this?

41. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I think this answers your question: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cu...e-curvature-shader.281186/page-2#post-1926381

42. Eoghan

Eoghan

Any news on when we'll see Unity5 support for this? :)

43. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Currently I'm working on Mesh Materializer that I plan to release this week. So from the next week I will begin work on Curved World 2. Most of the required researches are done.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  44. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Yes, this does answer my question, and thank you for taking the time to address as many questions as you do in this forum. I noticed in a previous post you are interested in submitting a follow-up asset, Curved World 2. Do you believe the "lock bending" issue will be resolved for this asset?

45. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

That's how shader works - bending vertex in screen space. "Lock bending" may be just an additional feature, I will try to add it.

buttmatrix likes this.
  46. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

You said that support for Curved world in Unity 5 will be "Curved World 2", do you intend to make this a separate product than the existing version, or just increase the version number? Meaning, will we have to buy this again to make it work in Unity 5?

47. Milo_del_mal

Milo_del_mal

Same Question...

I was about to buy Curved World... But I need to know if Curved World 2 will be a separate product or not... :/
    I need something that works with Unity5.

48. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World 2 will be free update.

lorenalexm and Milo_del_mal like this.
  49. buttmatrix

buttmatrix

Is there any way I can persuade you to enable "lock bending"? (see oculus post)

50. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I can not just enable it :), I need to write specific shader code for that. In current version it is not possible as Curved World uses screen depth for mesh bending, but I as wrote above - I will try to add it in upcoming updates, but it is not guaranteed. I also want to add lots of features but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.