Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You have game object to be selected in the scene. Otherwise you can not assign scripts and they will be grey out in the menu.
    Select game object you want to assign script and then menu options will be enabled.

Amazing Assets - YouTube Facebook Twitter

Doh09 likes this.
  2. Zilk

Zilk

Any ETA on the URP support? No rush just working on a project were I really need it :) Awesome plugin!

nqphandev likes this.
  3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

ETA for new Curved World is the end of April.

New Curved World will support not only URP, but all Unity render pipelines including HDRP.
    Will have node integration for Shader Graph and Amplify Shader Editor.
    Will support unlimited bend types in one scene

Here is some working progress video:

4. NW_Entertainment

NW_Entertainment

Just downloaded but dont see any files or any documentation on how to implement. All I got was 2 unity shortcuts. Am I missing something?

5. NW_Entertainment

NW_Entertainment

Nevermind. For some reason I had to Reimport the file included. Not sure if thats normal but I didnt see any instruction saying that. But thanks

6. hawaiian_lasagne

hawaiian_lasagne

The two files are sub packages to import depending on the render pipeline you’re using. Choose the standard package if you’re using the built in render pipeline, or the lwrp package for the universal render pipeline.

I had to fix up references from ’lwrp’ to ‘universal’ in the shaders for the universal render pipeline to work correctly.

7. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Downloaded asset includes two files:
    1) RenderPipeline - Lightweight.unitypackage
    2) RenderPipeline - Standard.unitypackage

Those are Unity packages for Standard and Lightweight render pipelines. Based on your project setup, import one of those packages.
    Here is documentation explaining what is Unity package and how to import/export it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  8. nqphandev

nqphandev

I just bought these shaders and trying to experiment with it. I am wondering if it is possible to achieve the curve in distance like infinite games with the Curved World Shader package?
    rush 2.jpg rush 1.png

9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No, those are not parametric curves, such meshes paths are modeled or generated procedural.

10. sunfish_kumano

sunfish_kumano

Hello.
    I had the pleasure of purchasing a Curved World asset.
    I created a new project to see the sample scene, updated ProjectBendType to LittlePlanet, and checked the LittlePlanet sample scene.
    It seems to be working fine, but when I change the size of the Curvature in CurvedWorld_Controller, it resets to the default value of 45 immediately after playing in the editor.
    The runtime behavior is as expected, but this is very inefficient and uncomfortable during development.
    How do I set the Curvature value correctly?

(using Unity2018 4.20 f1)

11. sunfish_kumano

sunfish_kumano

Sorry, we have confirmed that this is a correct specification specific to the LittlePlanetSample scene.
    In the new scene, it worked as expected.

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I
    At my side I was not able to reconstruct your problem.
    It may be due to the Pause Menu, that has initial value for Curvature Slider to be 45.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  13. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, will "New Curved World" be a new asset?

14. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It is planned to be a separate asset. Because it is not compatible with current one, as the API and shaders are completely rewritten to make all big new updates and features possible.
    For owners of the current Curved World update price will be just a difference in the price of those two assets, and no more.

nqphandev and AngelBeatsZzz like this.
  15. EnerGuyX

EnerGuyX

Hi! I just purchased your asset and was testing various all demos including in the package. Unfortunatly I cannot move the player in "Little Planet' (or maybe figuring out how to animate it). Thanks in advance.

16. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Player is controlled using PlayerMovement script and it takes input from Horizontal and Vertical axis - defined in Project Input Settings. If you imported package in project without those axis defined, then player just do not move.
    Add Horizontal and Vertical axis in Project Input settings or modify script for your needs.

17. davitsedrakian

davitsedrakian

Hello! I wan to purchase your plugin, my main question is, did it work on iOS and can it bend horizon to left and right too, and can I dynamically change bending value during game ?

18. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Works on all devices.
    Curvature is controlled dynamically from script. Try this demo scenes.

19. davitsedrakian

davitsedrakian

Thanks, I already bought it, testing now

20. davitsedrakian

davitsedrakian

Hello, I have a problem, my camera going straight forward with bend shader, so when I bend down, my camera goes much far then bend road. @Arkhivrag help me please

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Why? What are you doing with your camera? What bending are you using? What is bending pivot point?
    Some video or screenshots will be helpful to see.

22. davitsedrakian

davitsedrakian

Hey, in your demo bent world is going against player

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What you mean "going against player" can you share video or screen shot.

Each demo scene inside package requires its own bend type, this information is on the camera GUI. Follow this instructions and change scene bend type accordingly.

24. Horus_Sungod42

Horus_Sungod42

Hello, I was wondering if a version supported by the URP was soon to be released?

I loaded the Lightweight assetpackage into a default URP project and everything is predictably pink and bugged. :)

The doc and asset page also mention integration in the shadergraph, I have a couple questions:
    - Once step 7 is complete and the shader is "ready to use", can we still open it in the shadergraph and place and remove nodes (apart from the master node, which we don't touch)?
    - There are a couple shadergraph assets in the LW package. Are those already affected by the curved world effect? Or does everyone who wishes to make a shadergraph using curved world must go through the steps detailed in the doc?

Thank you

25. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Current Curved World supports only Standard(built-in) and Lightweight render pipelines.
    Do not import it in URP or HDRP, it will not work.

As described in ReadMe file, it is not possible to create Curved World node for shader graphs. And the only way is to integrate it into .shader file (not .shadergraph file). Keep original .shadergraph file too, if you need to make any adjustments there, after that repeat again Curved World integration steps.
    I know it is not a perfect solution, but Unity API does not give me other options.

However, with new Curved World and Unity 2019.3 API, it will be muuuuch better.
    Doing my best to finish it in near 2-3 weeks.

Horus_Sungod42 likes this.
  26. Horus_Sungod42

Horus_Sungod42

I understand, Unity is changing so fast! I'll check again when your work is done. Thank you for the quick answer!

27. korimako

korimako

Hi,

and thanks - I love Curved World!

I made a game (on IOS which uses CW) called Lexi's World. I used Unlit - but want to shift it to ODL to give it some more dimension.

I have been trying to make the animals in my game use one directional light - but I also want them to have the sort of saturation that you get through unlit. When I use ODL the whites are obviously shaded - but I would like to be able to blend in some emission to boost the brightness. In the example I was using ODL and pushed up the brightness using a simple reflection with a white color. But it washes out the other colors. I tried the Emission map and used the main texture - but it didn't seem to have any effect. I think I want a solution like:

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/q...d-emission-to-texture-in-shader/165768#165768

I tried to integrate this into the CW ODL but failed!

I thought of using Amplify - do you think that would help me?

Thanks!

How it looks now the the Curved World ODL:
    upload_2020-5-1_9-40-24.png

Roughly how I would like it to look - this is not using curved world - but a variation on the script I sent. upload_2020-5-1_20-42-21.png

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  28. korimako

korimako

I added the code from the script above to the example surface shader in Curved World - and it works as expected. Do I need to do anything to the Example Surface shader to make it mobile friendly?

29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Example of Surface shader optimized for mobile:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. // - no Main Color
    3. // - fully supports only 1 directional light. Other lights can affect it, but it will be per-vertex/SH.
    5. Shader "Mobile/Diffuse"
    6. {
    7.     Properties
    8.    {
    9.       _MainTex ("Base (RGB)", 2D) = "white" {}
    10.    }
    12.    SubShader
    13.    {
    14.       Tags { "RenderType"="Opaque" }
    15.       LOD 150
    17.       CGPROGRAM
    18.       #pragma surface surf Lambert addshadow noforwardadd
    20.       sampler2D _MainTex;
    22.       struct Input
    23.       {
    24.          float2 uv_MainTex;
    25.       };
    27.       void surf (Input IN, inout SurfaceOutput o)
    28.       {
    29.          fixed4 c = tex2D(_MainTex, IN.uv_MainTex);
    30.          o.Albedo = c.rgb;
    31.          o.Alpha = c.a;
    32.       }
    33.       ENDCG
    34.    }
    35. }
    You can additionally remove other effects calculations:
    • exclude_path:deferred, exclude_path: prepass - Do not generate passes for given rendering path (Deferred Shading and Legacy Deferred respectively).
    • noshadow - Disables all shadow receiving support in this shader.
    • noambient - Do not apply any ambient lighting or light probes.
    • novertexlights - Do not apply any light probes or per-vertex lights in Forward rendering.
    • nolightmap - Disables all lightmapping support in this shader.
    • nodynlightmap - Disables runtime dynamic global illumination support in this shader.
    • nodirlightmap - Disables directional lightmaps support in this shader.
    • nofog - Disables all built-in Fog support.
    • nometa - Does not generate a “meta” pass (that’s used by lightmapping & dynamic global illumination to extract surface information).
    • noforwardadd - Disables Forward rendering additive pass. This makes the shader support one full directional light, with all other lights computed per-vertex/SH. Makes shaders smaller as well.
    • nolppv - Disables Light Probe Proxy Volume
      support in this shader.
    • noshadowmask - Disables Shadowmask support for this shader (both Shadowmask
      and Distance Shadowmask).

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    korimako and christougher like this.
  30. LTYE

LTYE

Hi I am currently applying the curved earth to an asset pack I bought from the asset store. I am adjusting the custom shaders and all works great on trees, leaves etc but on terrain shader I cannot get it to work. The asset shaders have been created using amplify so it should work OK. I have attached the terrain shader for your reference and for guidance on where to input the correct code lines. Thanks!

Attached Files:

31. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You can add Curved World transformation inside Amplify Shader Editor (link).
    But if you need manual mortification of a shader you do need knowledge of shader programing, very basic, but still. Integration process is described in CustomShaders.pdf file.

32. LTYE

LTYE

Thanks for the reply! Yes I managed to add the required code into the shaders for branches, leaves, rocks etc and works great there but for some reason it doesn't work on terrain shader.

33. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Import Terrain and Nature shaders from Curved World settings window. Create new material using that shaders and assign it to terrain.

FABLEGIMPS likes this.
  34. RaindropAlfie

RaindropAlfie

Hi, purchased the classic runner version of this shader and its been fantastic apart from I cant ramp the UV scrolling smoothly. Is it possible to edit the shader to have the UV scroll be updated smoothly, e.g smoothly make it faster and faster on a infinite runner. As currently as you edit the UV Scroll vector it causes the texture to jump position.

Thanks.

35. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Shaders update UV scroll using simple math:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. o.mainUV.xy += _MainTex_Scroll.xy * _Time.x;
    You can modify this part for your needs and make scroll working the way you need. Or you can disable updating it from shader (set scroll speed to 0 inside material editor) and use SetTextureOffset to do the same.

36. FABLEGIMPS

FABLEGIMPS

Such a great asset!! Forgive me if this was asked before, as much as I would love to search through all twenty pages for this. For some reason every time I reopen my project, the shaders for a few sprites and a couple other random things change back to the original shaders. I close the project daily, so its become a chore changing these every time. Is there something I'm missing?

37. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

What you mean by "change back to the original shaders".
    Curved World shaders have no other "original" shaders, then themselves.
    Do you use shaders from package or other custom ones?
    Check CurvedWorld_Controller script, may be it has Disable In Editor checkbox enabled.

38. FABLEGIMPS

FABLEGIMPS

Attached Files:

39. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Seems Unity does not saves material after shader change.
    Can you try manually save scene and project from File menu after shader change.

40. FABLEGIMPS

FABLEGIMPS

No change.

41. alexquesadadev

alexquesadadev

Attached Files:

42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If Unity does not saves material shader changes I can only suggest: 1) Save scene and project after shader changing manually from File menu or 2) change material shader from their default material editor (without using Scene Shaders Overview tool).
    I was not even able to reconstruct it at my side. Unfortunately there is nothing I can 'fix' in the script.

No. Seems path mesh in the provided screen-shot is hand-made.

43. RazHollander13

RazHollander13

If i already have a scene with multiple models and multiple materials, ill need to update all of my materials to support the assets bending shader? or is it just being rendered "on top" of everything in my scene like magic.

44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World is a shader. Meshes requiring to have bend effect have to use Curved World shader.
    You have to replace shaders inside material. And then magic happens.

45. Dark-Link

Dark-Link

Hello.
    Could you please help?

I tried each of the 3 solutions from the PDF but the camera just does not follow the character as it should. What should i do?

46. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World pivot point is set to zero. If your player/camera moves, set them to be the pivot point of the Curved World.

47. epicoro

epicoro

Is there any fast workaround to get Classic Runner shader work with URP?

Edit: I got it to work by changing com.unity.render-pipelines.lightweight to com.unity.render-pipelines.universal on all shaders

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  48. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does asset work with URP?

knxrb likes this.
  49. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

No.
    Only Lightweight and Standard (built-in) render pipelines are supported.

50. Zilk

Zilk

Any ETA on the new version that does support URP?