Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

I need some more information for your issue.
    You will have to use support E-mail vacuumshaders@gmail.com with included asset purchase invoice number, android screenshots, Unity version, working OS.

VacuumShaders - Facebook Twitter YouTube

2. FrozenGun

FrozenGun

Hi, first let me say that this asset is the best I ever bought, my flight game using it is almost finished (have a look at this little sneak peek trailer http://pirateflight.com) and the Curved shader works perfectly fine on PC, iOS, Android, Android VR (that are the platforms I finished so far).

For PC VR and for the upcoming Playstation 4 VR (PSVR) version I have a question:

To get the optimal performance for the PC-Head-Mounted-Displays (like Vive, Oculus,...) and especially for Playstation 4 PSVR I would like to do Single-Pass Stereo rendering, that's an option I can set for the VR devices:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SinglePassStereoRendering.html

This will greatly improve the rendering performance. But custom shaders need to be adapted, there's a lot of information about this in the link above.

Are you willing/able to support Single-Pass Stereo rendering for the Curved World shaders? This would be awesome (and I guess more and more in demand, with VR now being all over the place).

Best
    Andreas

Haydar-AYDIN, gterveen and Arkhivrag like this.
  3. PlanCDev

PlanCDev

Will your plugin work with the Legacy Diffuse shader or will I have to switch to a different shader?

Secondly, will the Classic Runner version be sufficient if I want to achieve the curving effect seen in Subway Surfers?

Lastly, can the curving be dynamically modified during runtime so that the curve can be switched from left to right and from up to down any time when the game is running?

Thanks.

edit: I'd also like to ask are there any released games on Google Play that use this plugin I could check out?

4. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Package includes Curved World version of Legacy shaders, including Diffuse.

Yes.

Yes.

I have no references.

PlanCDev likes this.
  5. eajones

eajones

I have previously purchased Curved World. Is there a mechanism to get the Classic Runner version without having to buy it separately?

6. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Classic Runner bend type is included Curved World package. No need to purchase it separately.

7. allc1865

allc1865

Hi, thanks for the reply. How do I move the cars over to different sides of the road?
    Thanks for your help

8. kazumio

kazumio

Hey
    I need some help not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes,
    i been using curved world for a while now and recently upgraded to unity 2017.1.0f3
    and now when i make a build for android the curved world just doesn't work on my phone , when i connected the phone to my computer while loading the app it gave the following error

please help :) curved world error on unity 2017.1.0f3 build.JPG

9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Are you sure you are using Unity 2017.1 version of the CW asset? Or you just did upgrade from previous Unity version leaving the same CW asset inside project?
    If yes, then, remove CW from the project, clear Asset Store cache folder and download fresh CW version from the store.

There is no any #ifdef 's inside controller script.

10. kazumio

kazumio

ok here's what i did
    i deleted the cw from my project and the asset store cache and then downloaded and imported again
    but it still didn't work (i was no importing without the examples folder).
    and then i tried importing the examples folder as well and it started worked. idk how or why is that related but its working now

thanks!

11. Fozz

Fozz

Was there ever a solution to this? It sounds very similar to a bunch of issues I emailed support about a couple of days ago (varying results on iOS Metal devices, including everything coming out black). Rapidly running out of time to find a fix for the issues sadly as we have a deadline next week.

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Next week update v2017.3 will include improved VR support with Single Pass Stereo Rendering and GPU Instancing.

FrozenGun likes this.
  13. kuight

kuight

14. fritzinhen

fritzinhen

Hi, i have a real anoying problem, when i try the game on the pc (and mac) the game displays perfectly, but when i made the build for android (havent tryed iphone yet) the shader auto activates the "rim" effect making my game look everything white... here are 2 screenshots (pc and android) with the unlit curved world shader. pls help PcScreenshot.jpg AndroidScreenshot.jpeg
    Im using Unity 2017.1.2f1 and the last little planet release (clean instalation)

OK its fixed!! reading the forum i saw some people fixing their own issues (similars to mine) including the sahder on the graphic options... project settings>graphics>always included shaders> DONE! haha thanks its an incredible asset!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Sebalmasy likes this.
  15. TheMonkeysaur

TheMonkeysaur

Hi,

I am using the standard FPSContoller and the player is not conforming to the curve meaning that I walk off planet and into space! :D

I tried the "follow" script, selecting "Little Planet" bend type and follow on X,Y and Z, but this isn't helping, I may have misunderstood.

What can I do with the standard FPS contoller to ensure that my players movement conforms to the curve with the planet?

Thanks for your help.

16. korimako

korimako

Hi,

I am making a mobile game using little planet , thanks!

Two questions:
    1) I use the cw unlit shader, I saw that there was also a mobile unlit in your shader files - but I can't find it through the UI.
    I only see matcap, and when I choose Rendering: Transparent - it can't find the file. I recently imported new files from your project - do you think this is the result of a mixed package of files?
    upload_2017-10-16_6-26-47.png

2) When I use the CW particle renderers - it works in the editor. But on Android (haven't tested iOS yet) the particles are not rendered in the CW geometry. If I use the CW Unlit (not mobile) then it works - but only if I use Opaque. If I use Transparency - then it works in the editor - but not in Android.

Happy to provide more info if you want it.

Thanks again

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

There are no Moblie(Matcap) shaders inside CW package.
    I suggest completely remove CW from your project, clear Asset Store cache folder and download fresh version from the store.
    If still have problems use support E-mail: vacuumshaders@gmail.com

18. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet

Hi,

When I use the one directional light shader on a floor plane, the texture just shows up as white when I build to iOS (iPhone 6S)?

It looks fine in the editor.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks!

19. FrozenGun

FrozenGun

This is great!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  20. NeoKuro

NeoKuro

Couple questions.

I'm working on a to-scale space game (not 1:1...not THAT crazy haha) where the planets will be very large (ranging from 500x scale to over 30,000x scale). Will CW2 be able to handle these scales (I will likely end up implementing some form of LOD system to reduce the impact on quality etc, but it would be good to have a rough idea of the limitations)

Also i'm considering getting WC2 (World Creator 2) and was wondering whether it is known if CW2 and WC2 are compatible or if some customisation would be necessary (from what I can tell, WC2 is 100% Unity Terrain if that helps?)

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Scale should not be a problem.
    Package includes Unity terrain shaders with CW modifications.

22. Corentin-Guillaume

Corentin-Guillaume

Hello here,
    I am one of the happy owners of curved world.
    I wish to put curved world in a personal shader but I am not at all experienced with shaders. I saw the pdf describing the procedure but I don't understand it ;-)

If I put the shader here could you help me put curved world ??? (this shader)

Thank you in advance,
    A noob developer on shaders ^^

23. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Just put the hole asset package here, so everyone will benefit from it :D

24. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

That's a good way to receive a forum infraction for sharing unlicensed code.

25. Corentin-Guillaume

Corentin-Guillaume

No worries @hippocoder, I did not intend to put a package that I paid on a public forum, I only wanted to send an extract by email if @Arkhivrag wanted to help me ;-) I was going to go through his email now that I know he can help me.

Thx guys !

hippocoder likes this.
  26. FrozenGun

FrozenGun

Hi, I understand - maybe we can work together? You try this modification first on e.g. the UNLIT shader, I then test the updated shader on the PS4 DevKit and get back to you with the testing results.

This way you can modify your shaders to work on PS4 and then tell all the PS4 developers using UNITY (there are quite a lot of us) that your brilliant shaders even work for PS4. And our game for PS4 and PSVR will be the first showcase for you. :)

Because of a very strict NDA I'm not allowed to post details about PS4 development here, can you maybe get back to me using email? Use "andreas" and this nice little roundish character and then "frozengun" followed by "com".

Best
    Andreas

27. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unfortunately my support does not cover such requests.
    It may be better to ask asset developer to make his shader Curved World compatible. In this case you will not have to worry if shader is updated or modified.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  28. Corentin-Guillaume

Corentin-Guillaume

@Arkhivrag another request, do you know if your asset is nintendo switch compatible?

29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Shader only does vertex transformation. Do not see the reason why it should not be Nintendo Switch compatible.

30. tareksalah

tareksalah

Hi @Arkhivrag .. I just bought the asset ..
    I don't see z-axis parameters in the Curved World_Controller script in the inspector. Is there a setting to make them appear?!

Also The cylindrical roll-off is not appearing in the settings to select... I actually bough the asset for this effect specifically. How can I enable it please.

31. tareksalah

tareksalah

I'm using Unity2017.2.0f3

32. tareksalah

tareksalah

When I tried it on Unity 5.6.1f1 there is a compile error on emporting and the curved world settings menu is black is in the image below !!
    CurvedWorld-Unity5.6.1f1.PNG

33. tareksalah

tareksalah

And same error also with Unity 5.5.1f1

34. tareksalah

tareksalah

Hi @Arkhivrag .. Please I'm waiting for your feedback on the issues I sent in order to start using the asset in my project.

35. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Different bend types have different axis controllers.
    Cylindrical roll-off effect can be achieved with bend type Little Planet, by modifying only one axis (X or Z).
    Errors my be due to importing package for different Unity version, for example importing Unity 2017.x package in Unity 5.6

36. tareksalah

tareksalah

@Arkhivrag ... Thanks for your reply I'll check that ... How about this question that I can't find the z-axis parameters in the inspector?! ... In the documentation this script has 3 parameters (x, y and z), while it shows only 2 (x and y) only at my side!

37. tareksalah

tareksalah

Ok I'm sorry for this last question ... Just realized that it would be in the Universal Setting ...

38. ArcadeCoin

ArcadeCoin

Hello again! Today I purchased the Runner version of this asset when I meant to purchase the full version. I would like to upgrade to the full version, however the prices are off due to a current sale. To upgrade to the full version it would cost me $45 total, however the full version is on sale for about $33 right now. This means that the upgrade should only cost me $13, however it is asking for the full upgrade cost of $25.

If I wanted to get the correct price for this asset, I would have to return the current copy that I have purchased and then repurchase the full copy for the discounted price. Is there anything you could do for me?

39. ArcadeCoin

ArcadeCoin

@Arkhivrag

I made a post above this one, but I think I should probably ask one more question.

Right now I have only one issue with this shader, and it is that the world does not curve back upwards behind me, which is something I need for this to work.

Is there an option in the full version similar to the runner only version that I purchased that could have the exact same effect, however have it take effect on both sides? If not, how would I go about doing this?

Thank you!

40. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

You can not upgrade asset when it's on sale (Asset Stores rule, not mine). We can manage it, use support E-mail vacuumshaders@gmail.com

Classic runner bend type does not apply curvature behind pivot point:
    cw_1.jpg
    Full package contains Universal bend type with all three axis (X, Y, and Z) modifiers, which does curvature behind pivot point but with 'invert' effect (that's parabola equation).
    cw_2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  41. goshki

goshki

I'd like to achieve a similar effect in Curved World shader. I've read the CustomShaders.pdf file but my shader knowledge is not sufficient to actually implement it. Can you provide me with some hints?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  42. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Some basic shading skills are still required.

43. gordiri

gordiri

Hello, I've got very strange problem. When i'm using curved world U5 standard shaders i'm getting black borders like on pic. This also depends on camera height, but camera rendering normal and this black borders. When im using standart shader everything is fine
    issue3.PNG issue1.PNG

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  44. vegu

vegu

Using CurvedWorld 2017.3 and Unity 2017.1.1f1

I cannot seem to find the CurvedWorld Optionals (Rim, Fog etc.) In the material inspector. Using the VacuumShaders/CurvedWorld/U5 Standard/Standard (Specular Setup), but i checked some of the other CW shaders as well and it's missing everywhere. Bend Type: 'Little Planet'

Thanks in advance

45. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It may be split-vertexes your mesh may have. You will have to merge those vertices in any 3D modeling software.

Standard (Specular Setup) are exactly the same shaders as Unity built-in one, but modified to work with Curved World.

46. gordiri

gordiri

Thank you for reply. Verticles not splitted. I solved problem by changing V_CW_TransformPointAndNormal to V_CW_TransformPoint in standard shader cg

47. Acdrybones

Acdrybones

Can I create an earth map with this tool, or would a map of that size be buggy?

48. Vassa91

Vassa91

Hi!
    I'm looking forward to buy this asset for a project, but i wanted to ask a couple things first.

Is VR and single pass supported? There's some limitations to VR implementation or tips and trick to make it work?

I'm gonna buy it as soon as i have an answer, since the work deadline is pretty close.

49. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

If you need a real 3D earth model this tool is not for that.

Yes, single-stereo rendering is supported. No limitations or additional tips for VR.

50. Screenhog

Screenhog

I'm trying to add Curved World to a shader from a different Unity asset pack, and I can't seem to figure out where I should be adding the function. Here's one of the vertex passes:

Code (CSharp):
    1. VertexOutput vert (VertexInput v) {
    4.                 VertexOutput o = (VertexOutput)0;
    5.                 o.normalDir = UnityObjectToWorldNormal(v.normal);
    6.                 o.tangentDir = normalize( mul( unity_ObjectToWorld, float4( v.tangent.xyz, 0.0 ) ).xyz );
    7.                 o.bitangentDir = normalize(cross(o.normalDir, o.tangentDir) * v.tangent.w);
    8.                 o.posWorld = mul(unity_ObjectToWorld, v.vertex);
    9.                 V_CW_TransformPointAndNormal(v.vertex, v.normal, v.tangent);
    10.                 o.uv0 = v.texcoord0;
    11.                 o.uv1 = v.texcoord1;
    12.                 o.uv2 = v.texcoord2;
    13.                 o.vertexColor = v.vertexColor;
    14.                 #ifdef LIGHTMAP_ON
    15.                     o.ambientOrLightmapUV.xy = v.texcoord1.xy * unity_LightmapST.xy + unity_LightmapST.zw;
    16.                     o.ambientOrLightmapUV.zw = 0;
    17.                 #endif
    18.                 #ifdef DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON
    19.                     o.ambientOrLightmapUV.zw = v.texcoord2.xy * unity_DynamicLightmapST.xy + unity_DynamicLightmapST.zw;
    20.                 #endif
    21.                 o.pos = UnityObjectToClipPos(v.vertex );
    22.                 return o;
    24. }
    Have I added the V_CW line in the correct place? What I missing?