Search Unity

► Curved World ◄

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

In your case you need to modify CharaOutline.cg and CharaMain.cg files, vertex shader functions are described there.

VacuumShaders - Facebook Twitter YouTube

2. Brainversation01

Brainversation01

Does this work in VR???

3. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

4. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

and mobile VR as well. I recently used it in Jogger for the Gear VR.

I just updated to unity 5.6 and got some errors and a crash on a new Oculus Rift game. There was something in the log about a vertex shader error in curved world. After messing with it for a while I decided to go back to unity 5.5, but I didn't notice the last build error I had wiped the error log, so I don't know the exact error now.

Are there any known problems with 5.6 or will I have to install it again to create a new error log?

5. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It is not fully compatible with Unity 5.6
    Already working on it.

6. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

Thanks for the update. It's good to know it will be working soon.

7. Brainversation01

Brainversation01

8. naked_chicken

naked_chicken

Has anyone here tried making a billboard shader with this plugin? We've been using it and I love it, but just recently wanted to try using billboards for a particular mesh effect and ran into issues. I can get billboard working, but it blows away the vert offset in the vert shader.

Here's my full vert shader:

Code (CSharp):
    1. v2f vert (appdata_t v) {
    2.          v2f o;
    3.          UNITY_SETUP_INSTANCE_ID (v);
    4.          UNITY_TRANSFER_INSTANCE_ID (v, o);
    6.          V_CW_TransformBillboardPoint(v.vertex);
    7.          o.vertex = mul(UNITY_MATRIX_P, mul(UNITY_MATRIX_MV, float4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0)) - float4(v.vertex.x * _Scale, v.vertex.y * _Scale, 0.0, 0.0));
    9.          o.color = v.color;
    11.          fixed4 randomOffset = UNITY_ACCESS_INSTANCED_PROP (_RandomOffset);
    13.          o.texcoord = TRANSFORM_TEX(v.texcoord, _MainTex);
    14.          o.warpcoords = TRANSFORM_TEX(v.texcoord, _WarpTex) + _WarpProps.zw * _Time.y + randomOffset.xy;
    16.          fixed depth = 1.0 - clamp(mul(UNITY_MATRIX_MVP, v.vertex).z / _DistFade, 0.0, 1.0);
    17.          depth *= depth * depth;
    18.          o.color.a *= clamp(depth, _DistFadeMin, 1.0);
    20.          UNITY_TRANSFER_FOG(o, o.vertex);
    21.          return o;
    22.        }
    I've tried a few different combinations but I'm butting up agains the limits of my matrix math knowledge so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

9. naked_chicken

naked_chicken

so I found a "solution". Turns out I was messed up because my transform on my card had rotation and scale on it. The problem was that I was doing the curveworld TransformPoint based on the object space, then translating to billboard and that messed it all up.
    Taking out the rotation and scale on the object make it work fine.

10. humpbackgames

humpbackgames

Hello!

I am having a little problem! I just used One Directional Shader on post of my materials, after which I created a mobile build. The problem is, everything is now purple! Can anyone help me solve this issue?

11. Zilk

Zilk

Something that would be quite useful is having a Shader Forge/Amplify Shader Editor created standard curved world shader. Then one could use that as base to build own variations.

For instance I would like to create a variation of the curved world shader that has an extra offset to animate on props based on a distance and I'm not much for writing shaders.

12. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

For that issue use support vacuumshaders@gmail.com e-mail and include asset purchase invoice file from the Asset Store.

13. UrsHanselmann

UrsHanselmann

Did anyone manage to use the built-in light Halo component with Curved World?

I already replaced the built-in shader with this one:
    Code (csharp):
    2. Shader "Hidden/Internal-Halo" {
    3.     SubShader {
    4.         Tags {
    5.             "RenderType"="Overlay"
    6.         }
    7.         ZWrite off Cull off // NOTE: 'Cull off' is important as the halo meshes flip handedness each time... BUG: #1220
    8.         Blend OneMinusDstColor One
    9.         AlphaTest Greater 0
    10.         ColorMask RGB
    11.         Pass {
    12.             CGPROGRAM
    13.             #pragma vertex vert
    14.             #pragma fragment frag
    15.             #pragma multi_compile_fog
    16.             #include "UnityCG.cginc"
    17.             #include "Assets/VacuumShaders/Curved World/Shaders/cginc/CurvedWorld_Base.cginc"
    18.             sampler2D _HaloFalloff;
    19.             struct appdata_t {
    20.                 float4 vertex : POSITION;
    21.                 fixed4 color : COLOR;
    22.                 float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0;
    23.             };
    24.             struct v2f {
    25.                 float4 vertex : SV_POSITION;
    26.                 fixed4 color : COLOR;
    27.                 float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0;
    28.                 UNITY_FOG_COORDS(1)
    29.             };
    30.             float4 _HaloFalloff_ST;
    31.             v2f vert (appdata_t v)
    32.             {
    33.                 v2f o;
    34.                 V_CW_TransformPoint(v.vertex);
    35.                 o.vertex = mul(UNITY_MATRIX_MVP, v.vertex);
    36.                 o.color = v.color;
    37.                 o.texcoord = TRANSFORM_TEX(v.texcoord,_HaloFalloff);
    38.                 UNITY_TRANSFER_FOG(o,o.vertex);
    39.                 return o;
    40.             }
    41.             fixed4 frag (v2f i) : SV_Target
    42.             {
    43.                 fixed a = tex2D(_HaloFalloff, i.texcoord).a;
    44.                 fixed4 col = fixed4 (i.color.rgb * a, a);
    45.                 UNITY_APPLY_FOG_COLOR(i.fogCoord, col, fixed4(0,0,0,0)); // fog towards black due to our blend mode
    46.                 return col;
    47.             }
    48.             ENDCG  
    49.         }  
    50.     }
    51. }
    But somehow the curvature seems to just be ignored...

14. MrFigment

MrFigment

If i use a lot of particle systems in my game, is it easy to implement the curved world in it?

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Curved World version of the Unity built-in particle shaders are included.
    Changing materials on multiple objects can easily be done by included Scene Shader Overview tool.

16. MrFigment

MrFigment

Thanks!

17. Beloudest

Beloudest

I've just tried to use the UNET Multiplayer components with CW and noticed the curved collisions don't work as expected when using the Network Transform component. Essentially the collisions will occur in the position you would expect when the CW Controller is disabled. Have you any suggestions on how this could be resolved or what is happening?

I assume the transform from the server needs to be distorted to match the curve, maybe there is a formula to follow.

18. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Vector3 value modified by TransformPoint() function can be used to update any kind of type (include collider position), but how you manage that data with UNET is up to you.
    I have no any suggestions except to understand how physics work with UNET.

19. foyleman

foyleman

Is it possible to display the materials as double sided?
    I'm applying this shader to trees and leaves and I would like to be able to show the texture through on both sides.
    I tried various settings and was unable to trial/error my way to getting it to work.

20. wisarut

wisarut

How can I turn on/off "Rim Effect" at runtime?

21. cmos

cmos

I get the following error... any ideas?:

Shader error in 'VacuumShaders/Curved World/U5 Standard/Standard (Specular setup)': 'boxMax' : no such field in structure; 'd' : left of '[' is not of type array, matrix, or vector; '' : unsupported construction; 'assign' : cannot convert from 'uniform vec4' to 'structure' at Assets/VacuumShaders/Curved World/Shaders/cginc/CurvedWorld_UnityStandardCore.cginc(266) (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA

22. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Is it possible but included shaders have no such feature.
    You can try manually add Cull Off/Back/Front instruction to the shader.

To enable - targetmaterial.EnableKeyword("V_CW_RIM")
    To disable - targetmaterial.DisableKeyword("V_CW_RIM")

For build you will have to manually change shader file:
    1) Open required .shader file
    2) Find line with #pragma shader_feature V_CW_RIM_OFF V_CW_RIM
    3) In above line change shader_feature to multi_compile
    4) Save file.

Please use support E-mail vacuumshaders@gmail.com and you will need asset purchase invoice.

wisarut likes this.
  23. RakshithAnand

RakshithAnand

Hi,

I am using your Curved world asset's Standard Shader.
    But it does not get Global illumination on it. So certain parts where light is not there it looks dark unlike Standard Unity shader.

Please help. Thanks!

24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Included Standard shaders are exactly the same as Unity built-in but with Curved World vertex transformation.
    There are several Curved World packages on the store for different Unity versions. Use proper asset package based on Unity version.

25. blitzcloud

blitzcloud

unlit shader, one directional,particle shaders are throwing me this exception on 2017.1.

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadImage'.
    VacuumShaders.CurvedWorld.CurvedWorldGearMenuDrawer.GetIconSettings ()
    VacuumShaders.CurvedWorld.CurvedWorldGearMenuDrawer.OnGUI (Rect position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, System.String label, UnityEditor.MaterialEditor editor)
    UnityEditor.MaterialPropertyDrawer.OnGUI (Rect position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEditor.MaterialEditor editor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialPropertyDrawer.cs:224)
    UnityEditor.MaterialPropertyHandler.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect& position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEditor.MaterialEditor editor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialPropertyDrawer.cs:49)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ShaderPropertyInternal (Rect position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1190)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ShaderProperty (Rect position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Int32 labelIndent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1027)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ShaderProperty (Rect position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1014)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.ShaderProperty (Rect position, UnityEditor.MaterialProperty prop, System.String label) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1009)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesDefaultGUI (UnityEditor.MaterialProperty[] props) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1510)
    UnityEditor.MaterialEditor.PropertiesGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/MaterialEditor.cs:1461)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

The inspector shows zero properties for the shader

26. DBDBDDBDBD

DBDBDDBDBD

i want to ask some question .
    i don't understand how it work.
    i want a curved plane, how do i do?
    create empty then put controller on it?
    then i need to modify something?

27. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadImage method is inside Unity engine and 2017.1 editor should have updated plugin files. Strange that it does not happen for you.
    Note, I am not able to reconstruct your issue and there is nothing from my side to change inside scripts.
    Solution: Remove CW from the project and clear Asset Store cache, then download plugin from the store.
    If still have problems use support E-mail vacuumshaders@gmail.com (purchase invoice is required)

28. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

It is very simple.
    1) On all objects (mesh, terrain, particle, flare, etc) use included CurvedWorld shaders.
    2) Control bending from one controller script (check example scenes).
    3) That's all.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  29. blitzcloud

blitzcloud

deleting them worked just right. Thanks!

30. DBDBDDBDBD

DBDBDDBDBD

I success. thank you a lot !

Curved World and Curved World - Little Planet is different function?
    i want to make a game . it's feel like planet.
    so i need to use Curved World - Little Planet or Curved World ?

31. blitzcloud

blitzcloud

The curved world shaders don't look right. Something's going on. They are completely off on android (they look much brighter, for example with the unlit one). It's like it's doing something wrong regarding the simple cubemap reflection/matcap. Instead of glowing gold yellow, they start yellow where the fog is then they turn white.

32. zero_null

zero_null

Hello @Arkhivrag
    Talking Classic runner. Is there a way I can move both my player and camera should follow it ? Currently the player and camera doesn't move. I just need a clue if it's possible to do ? As with my current implementation I want to move my player and camera is following it.
    Please if you can help.

33. blitzcloud

blitzcloud

@Arkhivrag located the issue with the shaders. Despite emission checkbox being off, it still goes through on android build. My temp solution was turning emissions (on unlit material) black.

34. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Will this work on side-scrolling 2D? right now I have a 2D game with flat linear ground sprite, can this make my ground sprite curved?

35. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Includes sprite shaders and special bend type Perspective2D.

36. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Hi, out of curiosity I bought the package, and it almost gave what I want.
    using the Perspective2D bend type, I could not bend it in Z axis, so I use the Universal bend type instead.

As you can see in the pictures below, it got bent the way I want it to bent, which is spherical, but the image got distorted on the edges (left and right) eventhough I only bend it a little, can you tell me how to fix this distorted issue? upload_2017-7-27_17-3-4.png upload_2017-7-27_17-3-49.png

And one more thing, do you have any curved world 2d sprite vertex lit shader?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  37. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Bend effects are applied per-vertex and if mesh uses just a few vertices offsetting them may cause UV distortion. Try increasing mesh vertex count, it will not effect performance at all.

38. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

But how? I'm using sprite renderer, I searched through the import setting there is no mesh that I can change

39. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

Solved the problem by putting the sprite as Sliced instead of Simple.
    Now the character seems to distort on the edges, is there a way to keep the rotation and not distort the image?

40. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

My mistake, I thought about 2D side scroll games using simple meshes.
    For sprite use there is special bend type Perpective2D. It handles sprite rendering in camera view.
    All other bend types are 'world space' modifiers and they are designed to work with meshes (has never been tested on sprites from my side).
    If you are using Universal bend type try use simple plane meshes with Unlit Transparent shader.

41. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

I tried to use Perspective2D but there's no Z axis bending, I don't need the X and Y bending, is there anyway I could open the Z-axis option up?

42. blitzcloud

blitzcloud

If your game is using 2d but is not really using the sprites capabilities, like tiling and stuff, just use primitive planes. The more geometry it has, the better the bending will look.

43. Sudarmin-Then

Sudarmin-Then

I use Spine for the Character, it has Skeleton Mesh (Mesh Filter), I guess there's no way changing my spine character to plane

44. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Sprites can not handle Z axis offset and always will be distorted.
    ZZ.gif

For 2D sprites there is only one bend type - Perspective2D. If you need other bend effect you will have to use real meshes.

45. allc1809

allc1809

Hey, great template! How do I get the one with the deserted car and street scene?

46. allc1809

allc1809

I'm kind of confused on how to edit this or how to make a new terrain and applying this effect. Does anyone know how?

47. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Modern Ruins

Import Terrain and Foliage shaders from Curved World settings window. Create material with CW terrain shader and use it Unity terrain.

48. VirtualDawn

VirtualDawn

Hey!
    I just bought Curved World and The Amazing Wireframe Shader, and they're both great!

My problem is that the curved world doesn't seem to work with additive wireframe shaders?
    I can use the Curved world unlit additive, but would rather use the additive wireframe shaders because they truly are amazing.

edit: Oh, my build is an android build. It seems that curved world doesn't do too well with android, am I right?

edit2: That can't be. I can open the example scenes as an android build and it works fine. BUT, if I bring my own meshes in the scene and apply the same shaders as the working ones, it doesn't work.

So maybe the problem is with my meshes? I have a feeling I've forgotten something really simple...
    http://i64.tinypic.com/11jaseo.jpg

edit3: Aaaand... solved it. I was an idiot and didn't generate the wire mesh from the shader.

Still a problem with the additive wireframe shader and curved world though.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  49. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Confirm some wireframe shaders problem with Curved World. Already working on fix.

VirtualDawn likes this.
  50. zero_null

zero_null

Hello, My game works fine in Unity Editor but in android build. All Textures are getting blacked.
    How can I fix it ?