Search Unity

Curve editor for EditorWindow

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LucaHofmann, Aug 14, 2016.

1. LucaHofmann

LucaHofmann

Hey,

I am developing an open source node editor for unity. I am adding more and more nodes that act like basic mathematical operations, noise algorithms or color gradients etc.

Another useful node would be a simple curve editor like you can use in the inspector for the AmiationCurve. I wonder if there is a way to simply add this curve editor in my EditorWindow. The nodes of my node editor are drawn int the callback method of GUI.Window(). Is it possible to use the existing curve editor from Unity within a node? Or does somebody know an implementation of a open source curve editor that would fit my needs?
    Thank you :)

2. shawn

shawn

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, not straightforward to use the builtin curve editor right now. It's internal API, meaning you'll either need to wait for us to expose it or make heavy use of reflection to use it (not supported). It's on our roadmap to audit out internal API and begin exposing things that should've been exposed from the beginning. We've already begun work on exposing ReorderableList. In my opinion, the curve editor falls into this category too.

LucaHofmann likes this.
  3. Ambient_Entity

Ambient_Entity

Did anything come of this? I'm looking for some way to modify the animation curve graph editor, or build something new with some of its elements but can't figure out if this is even possible.

4. Aviark13

Aviark13

Also wondering this, from what I can see the CurveEditor API is still internal, hopefully this is still on their road map to expose.