Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Current status of Advertisement Legacy package

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ap-unity, Apr 10, 2023.

1. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

There have been a lot of questions and concerns about the state of the Unity Ads package in the Unity Editor, so we wanted to give an update on the current status.

The Advertisement Legacy package will continue to be our recommended solution for anyone that prefers to integrate Unity Ads exclusively.

Version 4.4.2 of the Advertisement Legacy package was just released. This version contains minor bug fixes and has removed the pop up directing users to Unity Mediation.

There are currently no updates planned for this package. Most of our planned updates to the native iOS and Android SDKs are focused on mediation, so they won't impact anyone using Unity Ads Network exclusively.

FAQs:

Why are there multiple Ads packages in Package Manager?

Advertisement Legacy (Unity Ads exclusive)

The Unity Ads package you know and love.

This is the existing C# wrapper for the Unity Ads SDK. This was previously the Advertisements package. It was renamed to distinguish between the newer ads packages.

Use this package to integrate and monetize using the Unity Ads Network exclusively without relying on a mediation provider.

Advertisement with Mediation (Unity Mediation)

The Advertisement with Mediation package is no longer available to download from Unity Package Manager. On October 1, 2023 we will end support for Unity Mediation and ad serving will be discontinued. To learn more about migrating to Unity LevelPlay, please review our technical documentation.

Ads Mediation package (Unity LevelPlay)

The Ads Mediation package is available in Unity Package Manager and will continue to be the package publishers will implement to use Unity LevelPlay, Unity's mediation solution.

For anyone unfamiliar, a mediation SDK integrates with multiple ad networks to potentially generate more revenue, while adding some additional complexity.

You can find more information about how to integrate the package in our documentation.

What should I do if I’m having trouble integrating Unity LevelPlay?

Please review the troubleshooting guide for assistance or you can contact ironSource Support.

What should I do if I’m having trouble integrating Unity Ads?

Please review our dashboard support page where you can find documentation and FAQs or open a support ticket.

Which Ads package should I use?

Use the Advertisements Legacy package if you want a straightforward way to integrate mobile ads into your app. This will give you access to the Unity Ads network without integrating with a mediation solution and it will be the more familiar integration to most people on this forum. You will receive competitive bids for your ad space only from advertisers who are a part of the Unity Ads Network.

Use the Ads Mediation package if you would like to use a mediation solution. This will give you access to multiple ad networks, including Unity Ads and ironSource, which will allow more advertisers to compete for your ad space. There is some added complexity of managing multiple ad network dashboards, but you’ll have more opportunities to generate revenue because advertisers from multiple networks will submit competitive bids to show their ads in your app.

2. Autinhorse

Autinhorse

I want to try Unity LevelPlay, but I couldn't find Ads Mediation from my package manager, only 'Advertisement Legacy' and 'Advertisement with Mediation'. I tried 2021.3.16f1c1 and 2022.3.8f1c1, same.
    Why there is no Ads Mediation package? Thanks

3. berukulama

berukulama

I have been using Unity Ads for years and I am very pleased that it will continue. I will continue to enjoy using Unity Ads legacy. I wish everyone good work. :)

4. nathan2019spence

nathan2019spence

I am glad you said that, I will be using Unity Legacy.

berukulama likes this.
  5. _geo__

_geo__

@ap-unity : Hi, it's been almost a year now since the initial post. Could you please give us an update on where things are at the moment?

The legacy SDK has not been updated since April last year and it starts to feel dated. Is it still the recommended solution for Unity Ads only users?

Thank you

6. YousifRagab

YousifRagab

I personally still use Unity Ads, but looks like they will deprecate it in the future, tbh, I really liked the Advertisement with Mediation package as it felt like an upgrade from the legacy Unity Ads, but once they merged with IronSource they abandoned it.

7. berukulama

berukulama

How did you come to the conclusion that Unity Ads was abandoned? unity ads advertising sdk works very well for me. If an update is required, the SDK is updated. I actively use it in more than sixty projects.