Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Current moderator activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hippocoder, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechiTech

TechiTech

lol indeed.. just to make it clear enough :)

2. orb

orb

The time before likes were even a thing doesn't count - that's the previous forum ;)

3. Teila

Teila

@TechiTech,Maybe the thread was not just closed because of you. Some of the folks in that thread have caused me grief as well. You did not handle it well though..which I get. I have been there.

Best thing to do...just be happy the thread was closed. It will go away and no one will remember, unless you keep reminding them.

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

No, it is very clearly about you as otherwise you wouldn't continuously try to make your statements personal.

No, I took from it what was appropriate. I've even taken the time during the posting of this response to verify my earlier findings. Simply put you threw the first punch by mocking @Carve_Online for being a new user, insulting his grasp of English, and then insulting his choice in development project.

It did not stop there though. You proceeded to insult @Damien Delmarle's grasp of English and then proceeded to make one large post insulting @Carve_Online further. Neither of these individuals gave any insults of their own.

If the moderators can be accused of anything it would be that they can be too lenient at times. Any other forum would likely have given you a warning for those posts.

Teila and Schneider21 like this.
  5. Schneider21

Schneider21

Okay, now I really do think this thread should be locked, haha.

"You've ruled against me so you are clearly biased" is an immature attitude, and there's no way to properly discuss subjects once that's thrown out there. There's also no room for debate... If you have a complaint with the mods or any community members, there's a proper channel for it, and arguing in a forum thread is not it.

Moderator's gonna moderate.

Kiwasi likes this.
  6. TechiTech

TechiTech

That's ok Teila I'm not angry. I'm just not going to make it easy for people to manipulate me. If I believe I'm in the right I will go on making my point. And I don't care for "likes" ... if I was looking for a job working at unity as a paid community staff then maybe..

I prefer making games:
    I require to make games assets.
    I would like to purchase assets from the asset store knowing that I can contact the author if I'm having issues with his or her asset.
    I would prefer and expect (as hippo agrees with me) that they should communicate in english.

And thus here I am.

Anyway I've spoken Lucas and ask him to look into the contact details of authors to be made mandatory. Lets see what happens. ;)

7. TechiTech

TechiTech

This thread doesnt need you to heat it up. If you could just stop trying to be the funny guy and let us talk? please?

8. Teila

Teila

You are right, Ryiah. I did not read far enough. Wow. This is an international community and the comments about "speaking English" are really out of line.

@TechiTech, When I said "gave me grief" I meant more that they were open about their opinions, not that they insulted me. Insults like that have no place here.

My suggestion to you is that you find a forum where that kind of activity is expected. There are lots of them out there.

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

@TechiTech I've reported you to another moderator, to deal with so it will be out of my hands. I do feel attacked by you though, and your somewhat racist bias on your locked thread is the main reason it was closed.

jashan, Korno, Schneider21 and 2 others like this.
  10. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

My activity is mostly from the last year or two, I don't remember such a forum. Sounds like a serious place for serious business. I like this forum better.

That is totally uncalled for. The only acceptable racism about someone's language in this forum should kept to javascript!

You need funny people to discuss rough topics in jest. That's how these threads stay open when the heat rises.

To continue from my last terrible pun: You see? C# is the superior language, that's why you were able to delegate this problem to another :D

Ony, Kiwasi, hippocoder and 2 others like this.
  11. TechiTech

TechiTech

You fail to see the insult. It is clear I said speak english. I didnt say anything about nationality but yet he thats what he took from that. So is he trolling or is he having trouble with reading english.

The insult from Carve was more about him trying to deliberately derail my issue because he wanted revenge. He was trying to make out that it's my fault for purchasing the product. And yet didnt care about the facts. His agenda was clear from the start. Even though the author had made it a long time ago, it had been update recently.. he knows this but that doest matter to him. he just wanted to make me look like the foolish for purchasing an asset that was three years old.

12. orb

orb

Same URL, just different software. And that forum change was *really* needed, due to all the problems. The new one is supposedly much easier for the moderators.

13. Teo

Teo

- OFF TOPIC -

@orb Seriously, please change that hideous avatar.

14. Teila

Teila

Obviously he was speaking English, although not as good as you speak English I guess. Why should he? My guess is he is not from an English speaking country. Can you speak Danish? Unity started in Denmark (hope I have that right), so why should we not all speak Danish?

As a native English speaker, I am awed by those that come here and speak English to me from other non-English speaking countries. I only know English...took German in high school but as a science major did not get my two years of language in college. So I feel sad that I can only speak one language.

But..I did learn enough Italian to speak a little and understand a little while in Italy. The people were kind to me and when I asked, told me how to pronounce things.

As an English speaker I will return that respect to those who cannot speak my language as well as I do.

Ony and jashan like this.
  15. Teila

Teila

You complain about censoring and then censor? How ironic. lol

Tomnnn and orb like this.
  16. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

What a strange thread.
    Gigi

Ony, landon912, Kiwasi and 7 others like this.
  17. goat

goat

If you can't criticize their choice of game they choose to develop in today's saturated market which just that type of saturate game then you're being insincere. Really, it's like showing up at a full grain elevator expecting to become rich with your hand full of chaff.

I've have had the experience of another use saying personal insults to me for politely disagreeing with their opinion and seen that same user that insulted me threaten another user for making a joke about a certain gender while they had just the post prior to their threat make a similar but actually worse joke about that certain gender. And yet it's I that was chastised for confronting the user with their false accusations.

It's then you realize that particular poster isn't really much on helping anyone, well that's OK, this is the gossip section, but they're not very good at clever double entres or being prepared to reap what they sow either.

18. TechiTech

TechiTech

Well if that makes me a racist then you're guilty too. you've said many times in the community forum that english is the spoken language in this forum.. would that mean you're racist too?

Never mind hippo. I'm not going to analogize to you though because I've done nothing wrong. I've just expressed that I don't think you handled this well. If you can't handle it then maybe you just confirmed my point all a long. Thanks

19. goat

goat

Oh, please and how is that poster censoring themselves to have the good sense to tell someone their avatar is hideous? Whether the person that uses the avatar changes it is up to that user.

20. Teila

Teila

It was a joke, Goat. :) You are right.

goat likes this.
  21. Ryiah

Ryiah

How is "so depending on your ideal unity should ban all the developer which are not same country/nationality as you? you should probably understand that will make the store empty" an insult? He was simply trying to discuss and/or trying to get clarification on your statement and you insulted him for it.

I don't understand how someone can make a nonsensical statement like this and expect it to be taken seriously.

The product does not have any of the hallmarks of a quality product. It does not have a link to a forum thread, it does not have a good website, it does not include any obvious form of documentation, etc.

The reviews for the asset are terrible. This very much includes one of the five star reviews. Seriously, one of them even states it "will not work immediately when downloaded" and that it has "incomplete instructions".

How is this not your fault? You had all the information right in front of you and you didn't pay any attention. Was someone holding your hand down and forcing you to buy it?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Amon, hippocoder and TechiTech like this.
  22. Teo

Teo

There's is a difference, I complain but I don't punish!:)

If I am the only one who think that vomiting avatar is not hideous.. well.. OK.

23. TechiTech

TechiTech

"so depending on your ideal unity should ban all the developer which are not same country/nationality as you"

it's called manipulation. Where did I write this "so depending on your ideal unity should ban all the developer which are not same country/nationality as you" show where I said anything about nationality or country?
    well?? well? come on Ryiah? hhhmm ok yeah thank you.. do you get it now? yes and no.. you know what I'm saying is correct but you're biased and therefore will never admit it. Saving face is important to you. good luck with that Ryiah.

Hey sending you another like.. keep going you'll get to number one spot!! yey

24. Ryiah

Ryiah

He stated it is the spoken language on the forums, not that you had to speak it perfectly.

Teila likes this.
  25. TechiTech

TechiTech

@Ryiah And yes it's my fault for purchasing the asset, that is obvious isn't it. It's not the person down the streets fault is it. I'm the one that trusted unity asset store team to do things properly and I shouldn't of. I thought a company like Unity would've made sure that every seller was required to supply contact information. Yes my bad for trusting unity.

I'm just so used to other companies like Amazon, paypal doing things professional that I thought unity would too.

If thread was about me asking people who fault is it then yes you might have a case here. but no. it was simply about why has unity allowed this seller to be able to sell without contact information and not speaking english as you can see from the review. He didn't have that bad review the time I purchased it. One negative review was about source code which I don't care about. I prefer not to have it. and the other is my review.

Also he replied to another review in english but when he replied to me he wrote in chinese. after using translator it said for me to contact him by email but yet he has not given an email address or any contact information.

So carve was quick to jump at me with it's my fault.. that's not the discussion... it's clear written there for him to see. that's the reason why I said so you're not english..lol... it's not an insult as you've been so quick to dramatize lol..

26. Teila

Teila

Ahh, I get it. Anyone who disagrees is biased or they are manipulating. It is absolutely impossible for any sane person to not see it your way. If they claim to be insulted, then they are just wrong, even if they feel insulted based on the words and manners used in the conversation.

This does not bode well for gaining any benefits from this forum. This thread seems to be turning into a need for attention and loaded phrases said just to get a reaction.

This thread is about your issues with Hippocoder, not about your previous thread that was closed. Maybe my comments above are wrong and rather than a need for attention, this was a sneaky way to get a closed thread opened again.

Ony, Amon and Ryiah like this.
  27. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'm not stating you shouldn't be able to get a refund on your purchase. I'm simply stating that the evidence was very clear yet you choose to ignore it completely.

28. TechiTech

TechiTech

where did I say anything about speaking english perfectly? can you show me? lol

29. Ryiah

Ryiah

You insulted people for their grasp of English.

30. TechiTech

TechiTech

again with the drama! lol why are you two so dramatic? it's really odd why only you two are dramatic. Why are you having difficulty with keeping it logical?

31. TechiTech

TechiTech

asking someone if they're english is not an insult. Logic please.. less drama

32. Ryiah

Ryiah

I've had about enough of the personal attacks. I've reported your post. Hopefully we'll see the end of this soon.

JoeStrout and Teila like this.
  33. Teila

Teila

blink..blink..blink...

LOL

I reported too..more out of disbelief than anything else.

hippocoder likes this.
  34. TechiTech

TechiTech

again who mentioned anything about a refund? logic please... if you feel cornered because you got yourself into a bit of a pickle then it's better give up. dramatization will never with against logic.

35. frosted

frosted

It's funny and awesome that a post about moderation and being nice to people has turned into a rampant flame war with personal attacks and insults.<3

JoeStrout, Ony, Master-Frog and 6 others like this.
  36. TechiTech

TechiTech

oh look everyone she's quick to jump in and attack me based on emotion without fair logic and now realises that she's losing her argument. What's the matter? no thick skin.

I'm pretty sure I've been banned already.. if I log out I probably wont be able to login. And I'm alight with that. I will continue to make my game. I don't need to make friends and try to get the highest like score. I will hold off purchasing assets if there is no contact information though. That was my mistake.

37. Teila

Teila

It is a fascinating study in psychology or sociology, rather. I know I should leave but it is just so...I don't know...surreal.

Ony, HemiMG and Ryiah like this.
  38. LaneFox

LaneFox

Did you forget that you were the one to necro this thread and start drama?

HemiMG, Ryiah and Teila like this.
  39. TechiTech

TechiTech

yes it's fun for you and your friend Ryiah to gang up on me especially when there's many more ganging up. You feel you can't lose so why not have some fun, and also added bonus we will click like on each others posts and build up our scores yey.. but you're realising you're not looking so good at this taking sides psychology or sociology!!

40. TechiTech

TechiTech

oh grow up lane lol you're a bit late to party... zzzzzzzzz sorry lane what did you say zzzzzzzzzz

41. Archania

Archania

But but we are dealing with women. Aren't they all illogical as it is?
    (Love ya Teila and Ryiah ;) )

Kiwasi, Ryiah, Teila and 1 other person like this.
  42. Teila

Teila

Love you too, Archania. :) However..between the two of us....who is the logical one? Hmm? :p

Disclaimer: Archania and I are friends. :)

Ryiah likes this.
  43. Archania

Archania

Its a Monday and I don't feel good so logic is out the door. But that is typical of any day lol.

44. TechiTech

TechiTech

ok well I think I'll end it here then. I hope those who think it's ok to gang up and bully other members will have learnt an important lesson. crying out insult insult look insult omg !!! Drama ohhh help someone help!! is not going to work for very long. Slowly logic will win every time girls. ;)

If I haven't been banned already then I'll delete my account. So no point replying to me because I'm not here any more.

Peace ! now wheres that MMO project I was working on.... hahaha insult insult oh noooo run!!

45. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

46. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

The word "logic" is abused by one person in order to make his statements seem valid or right. Not the first or the last who demands to be listened to! Not the last I have seen banned either. Case closed.

Teila, Ryiah and Tomnnn like this.
  47. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Final note, it's been said but better from the source, if anyone has a problem with a moderator or a staff member, you can take it up with me or @SaraCecilia or @holliebuckets We'll always take the side of reason even if it means giving our friends a good telling off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.