Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Current Beta Link, Collaborate Fixes, and Known Issues: 5.4.0b18 is live!

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by holliebuckets, May 5, 2016.

1. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Link to Current Beta:
    http://unity3d.com/unity/beta

"If you see something, say something"
    If it looks like a bug, please submit a bug report :D You can do so in Unity via Help>Report A Bug. A complete "how to" is available here: http://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

5.4.0B24 RELEASE NOTES (DELTA SINCE B18)

Known Issues

• Renaming a folder and adding a new file to that same folder results in error: Cannot commit to server.
    • Conflicting move and update when Updating there are a series of file errors related to File Missing, File Move and merge conflicts etc which get progressively worse if you retry or restore.
    • Linking a current Cloud Build project to Collaborate is not possible with current dashboard UI. Please get in touch for assistance.
    Fixes
    • Fix case 803434: [Collab] "Revert" Operation never ends
    • Fix case 768136: Rename an asset should be an "edit" and not a move
    • Fix case 768137: If I rename an asset and I "revert it" I create a duplicate and we end up with 2 items.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Guile_R and quixotic like this.
  2. McFlemchSoda

McFlemchSoda

What's the status on the conflicting move and update files? When I delete a file and push it to the server, and someone pulls it, the file is still there and causes issues.

3. andyk-unity

andyk-unity

Hi @McFlemchSoda ! Sorry you're having that problem. I know we've fixed several move/update issues in the latest 5.5 beta. Have you given that a try?

If upgrading isn't an option, could you please submit a bug through the editor on the machine experiencing the issues and then let us know what number? That will help us track down the problem.

4. McFlemchSoda

McFlemchSoda

Thank you for your answer. I won't be able to go to the beta version. For now we know how to avoid these issues, so we'll probably wait for the stable release version.

5. Bassoo88

Bassoo88

hi
    i've tried to install the unity 5.5 beta version. but when it downloads gives the error he could't delete unity 5.4. now is unity 5.4 deleted and have unity 5.5 beta installed. when i try to start unity i only get black screen. with in the left top corner Unity 5.5.0f2 does anybody know what to do now?
    Thanks