Search Unity

Currency symbol not shown in localizedPriceString

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by seltar_, Dec 4, 2018.

1. seltar_

seltar_

I'm using a slightly modified version of the script in < here >
    Unity IAP version 1.20.1 (2018-10-5)
    Windows 10.
    Unity 2018.2.17f1.
    Build target is set to Android.
    Targeting Android and iOS stores.

When I run in Editor and print the prices in OnInitialized I only get the numbers, no currency symbols.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnInitialized(IStoreController controller, IExtensionProvider extensions)
    2.     {
    3.         m_StoreController = controller;
    4.         m_StoreExtensionProvider = extensions;
    6.         foreach (var product in controller.products.all)
    7.         {
    8.             Debug.Log(string.Format("string: {0}", product.metadata.localizedPriceString));
    10.             Debug.Log(string.Format("decimal: {0}", product.metadata.localizedPrice.ToString()));
    11.         }
    12.     }
    I could just prepend the isoCurrencySymbol, which is what I currently do, but I'd much rather have $ 0.99 than USD 0.99 etc.

2. seltar_

seltar_

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

4. seltar_

seltar_

Unfortunately it's not an Editor only issue. My app is live, and i'm using isoCurrencySymbol + localizedPriceString, and it's displaying "USD 0.99" or "NOK 11".

I can fix it by fetching the CultureInfo from the isoCurrencyCode and formatting using that, but I'd much rather just get the information from the localizedPriceString as the documentation states.

Code (CSharp):
    2. public static System.Globalization.CultureInfo GetCultureInfoFromISOCurrencyCode(string code)
    3.     {
    4.         foreach (System.Globalization.CultureInfo ci in System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultures(System.Globalization.CultureTypes.SpecificCultures))
    5.         {
    6.             System.Globalization.RegionInfo ri = new System.Globalization.RegionInfo(ci.LCID);
    7.             if (ri.ISOCurrencySymbol == code)
    8.                 return ci;
    9.         }
    10.         return null;
    11.     }
    Use it like this
    Code (CSharp):
    3. System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture = GetCultureInfoFromISOCurrencyCode(product.metadata.isoCurrencyCode);
    4.             if(culture != null) {
    5.                 button.price.text = product.metadata.localizedPrice.ToString("C", culture);
    6.             }
    7.             else
    8.             {
    9.                 // Fallback to just using localizedPrice decimal
    10.                 button.price.text = product.metadata.localizedPrice.ToString();
    11.             }

ffdev78 and Dawdlebird like this.
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would want to use localizedPriceString which includes the currency symbol ($, etc) on Android (Google Play). localizedPrice does not.

6. newatlanta19006

newatlanta19006

No it doesn't. The user is correct. On android and Editor at least, there is no dollar sign from localizedPriceString. I am also having to do use the isoCurrencyCode to get desired results. Would be great to have a fix for this.

7. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Please try the following code, I can get the result like: "HK$8.00"

Code (CSharp):
    1.                     Dictionary<string, string> googleProductJSON_dict = this.m_GooglePlayStoreExtensions.GetProductJSONDictionary();
    2.                     string google_intro_json = googleProductJSON_dict[item.definition.storeSpecificId];
    3.                     var productJSON_wrapper = (Dictionary<string, object>)MiniJson.JsonDecode(google_intro_json);
    5.                     object price = "Default price";
    6.                     productJSON_wrapper.TryGetValue("price",out price);
    Edit: Please use product.metadata.localizedPrice to retrieve price(like 9.99), and product.metadata.localizedPriceString to retrieve price and currency code(like $9.99).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  8. newatlanta19006

newatlanta19006

I used the workarounds listed above with currency code. But your suggestion seems pretty hacky. Hoping Unity just fixes localizedPriceString to work as expected. Thanks

9. mangobob4921

mangobob4921

Running into this problem still. 2019.3 on Editor. Haven't tried device yet. Hoping this would "just work"

10. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Please use product.metadata.localizedPrice to retrieve price(like 9.99), and product.metadata.localizedPriceString to retrieve price and currency code(like $9.99).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    DigitalDurian likes this.
  11. cdr9042

cdr9042

In my case, Text Mesh Pro's Font Asset that I am using didn't contain the currency symbols, that's why they were not shown.
    Solution: Create a Fallback Font Asset that contains all currency symbols, now they're displayed correctly. Arial & Courier New fonts that comes with Window worked well, however they still miss some symbols. Code2000 font which claims to contain all currency symbol took way too long to set up kerning values so I don't use it.

12. drorco

drorco

Yes. That was my issue as well. Check your fonts!

13. ina

ina

for some reason 0.01 shows in editor but it's null reference on device

14. hid_

hid_

Thank you for detailed answer but how to receive all symbols that can be displayed?
    I'm using localizedPriceString and for Ukrainian locale the returned value is "19,99грн" so to cover all locales i need to know all value can be returned with the method to include it in Font Asset File to correct displaying.
    Is there any documentation?

15. hid_

hid_

Ok as i see the easiest way is to find Fonts and create Font Assets that support all signs used by Google Play Billing Services. List of signs From here or here

msakkuzu and ilmario like this.