Search Unity

Curl error 52: Empty reply from server

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LumoKvin, Feb 13, 2020.

1. LumoKvin

LumoKvin

I have been getting this error: Curl error 52: Empty reply from server

It just started happening today after I imported 2 assets. When I clear the error, it goes away. After a couple of hours, it comes back.

What is this error and should I just ignore it?

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

This error comes from UnityWebRequest (or WWW).
    If you do any request in your project and that request fails, expect to see such error.
    Otherwise you can ignore it (comes from Unity Services, Analytics, will be fixed in upcomming releases).

akaBase and LumoKvin like this.
  3. lihail123

lihail123

It happens to me too, pretty much the same as @LumoKvin described. However, I don't do any HTTP requests in my scripts at all, and the bigger problem is that each such request crashes Unity ("Unity Editor has stopped working"). It doesn't happen too often, but it's still annoying. Is the crash a known bug?

4. GAMEDW

GAMEDW

I just got the error for the first time, but my Unity doesn't crash. It just paused the editor, like with most errors that occur during editor play. Just like @lihail123 do I not have any HTTP requests in my scripts.

[Edit] Now I'm getting these error messages every few minutes, even though my editor isn't in Play mode.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  5. gamerpubg1008

gamerpubg1008

hi im uploading my game and i try 3 times and is the same when im publishing game

Prewky likes this.
  6. alal_senn

alal_senn

Getting this as well, noticing it after updating Visual Studio on Mac, maybe that has something to do with it?

Prewky likes this.
  7. Prewky

Prewky

Its happening to me too i am restarting unity every like 7 minutes or so

8. J0H

J0H

I just started seeing this error, with a new project so definitely not from our side.

9. CodesCove

CodesCove

Started appear today in my project few times in hour.. yesterday didn't.. I didn't update anything.. just did some standard scripting..

gameDevMode likes this.
  10. gameDevMode

gameDevMode

Me Too.. I keep getting this error as well.

CodesCove likes this.
  11. lihail123

lihail123

Not that it helps much, but I noticed when it happens. My laptop has a poor WiFi connection in the room I'm currently sitting in, and every few minutes my internet disconnects for a few seconds. That's probably when the HTTP request error happens, and as I said, Unity crashes. If I move to a place with an excellent internet connection it stops from happening.

EfraimBaruhB and famiglianana like this.
  12. famiglianana

famiglianana

It just started for me today as well

13. Somewittyname

Somewittyname

I have also been getting this every so often today and don't have any sort of web code that I know about in my project.

I think textmeshpro and the new input system preview are all I added to my project so I guess one of them causes it or is everyone is getting this error?

14. BreadofGod

BreadofGod

I'm currently following a tutorial making a very simple game (Just started with Unit) and I started getting that same error. My game only has 2 .png and 1 script. Seems like it's just a bug with Unity that is causing this. BTW I'm connected via Ethernet to my modem so doubt it's related to a connectivity issue.

15. eses

eses

Same here - haven't seen this error so far ever.

I started to get this today, probably 20 - 30 times already.

Haven't changed anything on my computer, nor have I updated Unity version (2018.4.18f1)

16. lihail123

lihail123

@Somewittyname I don't know what these are (I don't have them in my project) so you can be sure it's not related to them, as I still get this error.

BTW I'm using Unity 2018.4.16f1

17. KJulia

KJulia

Same mistake today. This is the day that wants it. Nothing works properly with Unity since this morning

18. Stevens-R-Miller

Stevens-R-Miller

I'm getting "Curl error 52" as well. No HTTP activity in my code. Something's up.

19. eses

eses

Yep... seems to be happening today, once again. Answers also has discussion about this.

20. choijaeyoung

choijaeyoung

I'm also getting "Curl error 52" since today. My version is 2019.3.0f6 Personal. My code doesn't have any HTTP association at all.

I've been working on this version for few weeks and had no problem so far. And I don't recall upgrading Unity Editor either. I wonder what's wrong with it...

21. eses

eses

@choijaeyoung

I think it might be just the same thing as last time, it is something in Unity's end... and probably the error message is gone tomorrow... or at least that was what happened in my case last time. I don't have any code either that could do something like.

22. Stevens-R-Miller

Stevens-R-Miller

Could you post a link to that discussion? I couldn't find it.

23. d34d_p1x3l_

d34d_p1x3l_

Same problem here latest 2018 LTS, the problem started yesterday, crashing unity, I’m running in mac latest catalina.

24. ace199

ace199

Open the network manager , chose the network ->advanced ->delegate -> find the delegate automatically. the problem solved
    upload_2020-9-8_9-49-25.png

25. JoseGarrido62

JoseGarrido62

I just started getting this error myself now. I installed Unity 2018LTS without installing Visual Studio 2017 because I am running it on a HP Chrome book and I didn't think it could handle it with 4mb memory. So I linked Monodevelop Script editor from a Unity 5.6.7f1 install. When I click to error it takes me to the Monodevelop editor. "Curl error 52: Empty reply from server." The solution for me is to stick to Unity 5.6.7f1 or Unity 4.7.2f1 I have installed on the Chromebook that works fine. Or just one of my better computers.

26. keyboardingkidzwebedition

keyboardingkidzwebedition

Curl error 56: Receiving data failed with unitytls error code 1048578
    Curl error 52: Empty reply from server

Having the above errors when I hit the login button that accesses DB data via UnityWebRequest.

A day ago, everything was working perfectly fine but now this error is blocking my app functionality.
    Please guide how to fix it...
    It's Unity 2019.3.7f1

27. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Try looking into UnityWebRequest.error, what string message does it give?

28. xucian

xucian

Whether it's user code or Unity code, "Curl error 52" should at least be caught by a try-catch block, if not silently put into the UnityWebRequest.error field.
    I'm using a UnityWebRequest to ping a server to get the latency, and I'm getting this error in the console. We have a very strict no-error policy which triggers a Bug reporting UI inside the game and this is a significant blocker.
    Was there any progress so far in fixing it? @Aurimas-Cernius

Unity 2021.3.5 here, Windows.