Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cubicle-WIP-Survival-RPG-Pixel-Mobile

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ch123ad, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

Cubicle​

Well, I started this game 2 days ago. I am frequently(more than 20 times a day) adding new blocks, new places, etc. I plan to release this game for mobile-I don't know which platform yet though- So this is my progress so far. I am well aware that the grass textures overlap with the dirt texture. These are some of my Screen Shots:

Land:

Lake:

Shop-Outside:

Shop-Inside:

Future things I plan to include:

30 kinds of blocks
    33 kinds of monsters
    Super-extra rare items
    Shelter/House creation
    10 different endless worlds
    More+

Click here to play the demo

Currently the demo only has a tiny platform test, a shop, and a lake.

Today I plan to animate the character and make a few monsters!

I want to hear what you guys think!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. Fu11English

Fu11English

Well it's a start so well done with that!

The game you describe does sound a lot like Terraria and Minecraft though so you will really need to come up with some good ideas to make your game different but equally enjoyable.

The jumping seems ok for a start but I am not sure about the ice skating :)

Also a quick tip. You can scale your player to -1 when moving left to make him face the correct direction. It's a bit of a hacky way to do things but actually works quite well.

Stick with it and good luck :)

3. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Is you charicter a recolour of Red from the first pokemon games?

4. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

Thanks for checking it out! I actually did the front,left,right, and back texture of the character, but didn't have time to put everything together...Also I didn't know about the -1 thing, I might try it. Ice skating I am working on so it can have some friction and sliding. Thanks!

5. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

I got inspired from pokemon, I did him in 5 seconds yesterday and today I've changed him a little today so it doesn't look that much from pokemon.

6. Fu11English

Fu11English

No probs!

Ok yes if you only have 4 textures then you could just switch the texture when moving left.. If you have a complex animation and or a 3d model the -1 trick is handy.

10 endless worlds sounds a little optimistic too. Especially when you are not a coder. Finding a programmer on here to do collab work is rare. You will be best learning some code yourself. Get as much as you can into a solid working prototype and then ask for some help. You will have much more chance of attracting someone this way.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

I know a little bit of programming but I just needed some help for the most bigger tasks. I'm also taking the endless part out because I rather do it manually so it can come out better than randomly.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

Link Update

Game Screenshots:

Simple AI:

Another NPC:

Some of the buildings I am working on:

A nice Scene:

9. Gorlog

Gorlog

nice but u need change acceleration speed your character he's like speed up a slow vosvagen :) but nice consept and game i always like sidescroller games keep it up! :)

10. schipman

schipman

Something looks wrong about your textures, either the shader or the filtering mode. Make sure the filtering mode is set to Point or else the edges will be blurry and not very pixel art like.

11. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

Thanks, I am working on changing the speed to make the character look normal and re-draw the character again to include movement.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  12. Ch123ad

Ch123ad

Thanks, I am also working on that, the game still got many bugs so I plan to fix the textures really soon.