Search Unity

Cubeway to heaven

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by subzul, May 13, 2012.

?

Which Camera will be better?

1. First Person

44.4%
  2. Third Person

55.6%
  1. subzul

subzul

Hi guys!

My friend and i are working are working on our first real game. We had a lot of ideas at the beginning from platformer to fps but we ended up with a puzzle game.

In this game you jump your cubeway up and you must solve puzzles along the way. For now we only have three levels:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

We would appreciate your feedback. Also there is one thing: we cant decide on the camera. I want first person but my friend wants third person. Which is do you think is better for this game?

And here is the game:

http://www.mediafire.com/?grhb7jwntmuo2zd

2. Torsh

Torsh

Very nice.

I think third person would be better, but some might like first person.

3. ShadoX

ShadoX

Reminds me kind of Cathrine. Anyway, I goes that TPS would be a little better..mostly because in first person you end up starring mostly at those blocks, and that's not really that much fun. So either make it fun.. or third person. :)

Also, the mouse sensitivity is way to high for my taste. So I hope that you will include some settings that the player can adjust. Also, I kept bumping off cubes a lot of times when trying to jump on one. Thats kind of annoying. Also, you probably need a little bit more gameplay elements. Its a nice start, but if you don't give the player a little bit more to do and to look at then the game could become pretty boring pretty fast. But its a really nice start. :)

I also didn't try to die (doesn't look like thats possible in this build anyway), but I goes that a game like this should have plenty of checkpoints. No one really wants to re-play some annoying part over and over again.

4. stridervan

stridervan

Zeppelin :p

5. glom1envisage0

glom1envisage0

I checked to see what happens if I fell off and I just kept falling. You should place large triggers that reload the scene, perhaps after a sequence, below the play area.http://www.HexTheMeerkat.com

6. Demonkiller43

Demonkiller43

Guys i´m subzul´s colleague. We would like if you give us your opinions and ideas for the gameplay elements for Cubeway to heaven. We´ve got some in mind already but it´s not enough.

7. ludiares

ludiares

Could you do a mac version?

8. Demonkiller43

Demonkiller43

9. ludiares

ludiares

Thanks, working perfectly. Good idea, but runs a bit laggy for me

10. Demonkiller43

Demonkiller43

We have updated our game:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qpc82wu692y2ief

We have made few improvements, created new level, and we will still be happy if you can give us some tips on puzzles.

Also if you can post your FPS from each level we would be very happy.