Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug CTRL + ALT + RMB shortcut does not work anymore when using it in the SceneView (UUM-16087)

Discussion in '2023.1 Beta' started by Lars-Steenhoff, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

laurentlavigne likes this.
  2. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

Hello Lars! It looks like it is going to be included in Unity soon. We have a fix and now it has only to be approved by our release managers who are currently running some last checks.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thats great to hear!, It would be nice if the shortcut manager allowed for two modifier keys + key ( 3 keys pressed in ln total ) in general, as that would have allowed me to set it up already.
    Thanks for responding to my bug report! Really appreciated.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  4. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

@Lars-Steenhoff I am able to set up Ctrl+Alt+RMB for `Temporary Zoom Tool` in ShortcutManager. Are you sure you are not able to do it on your machine?

The fix we're doing is mainly to allow both `Alt+RMB` and `Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+RMB` by adding another shortcut. So if you really cannot set the shortcut yourself as a workaround, that might be a bug also.

5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Ah yes thats is what I meant, allowing both was not possible, the fix you have in the works will make this possible, thats great, thanks.

TomasKucinskas likes this.
  6. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

And it would be nice if in general two shortcut combo bindings would be allowed to activate the same function.

7. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

Agree. Though we currently don't have this feature in our upcoming plans for Shortcut Manager. As of today, we're planning on implementing visual searching capabilities for the Shortcut Manager window and introducing project-level profiles(an improvement on the Export/Import profile feature that we recently did).

8. boyaregames

boyaregames

By any chance is only for me in 2023.1.14 and 2023.1.23 CTRL + C is Not working in inspector.
    Somehow this hotkey is broken for me

9. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

@boyaregames We've been working on those versions for the past several months and I don't remember there being problems like this. Could you make sure a 'Ctrl+C' shortcut is set for the "Main Menu/Edit/Copy" shortcut in ShortcutManager? If it is set then you should file a bug for us to look into.

10. boyaregames

boyaregames

Hmmm for some reason wasn's set as well as other few shortcuts like "F" in scene mode for focus.
    I reinstalled the last alpha version and it is ok for shortcuts but now my fps is halfed compared to 2023.1.14 but i guess it is another story

11. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

Well, that's quite a drastic decline. Maybe you get some message spam in the console? That's the first thing that comes to mind that can have such an influence on FPS.

12. TomasKucinskas

TomasKucinskas

Unity Technologies

@Lars-Steenhoff Good news. I've just received a notification that the missing zoom shortcut has been added to Unity Editor. The shortcut should be available in versions 2023.1.0a25, 2022.2.3f1, and future ones in those streams.

13. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thats good news indeed, I can now upgrade to unity 2022 while keeping my long used workflow, thanks for fixing it!

TomasKucinskas likes this.