Search Unity

Other Cryptic errors after installing Universal Render Pipeline package...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by john_unity324, Jan 27, 2023.

1. john_unity324

john_unity324

Hello,

After installing the Universal Render Pipeline package (and its dependencies) into a 2D Unity project, I get numerous cryptic build errors, like:

FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format...
    Assertion failed on expression: 'exception == SCRIPTING_NULL'...
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'UnityEditor.U2D.Common.BurstedBlit_00000005$BurstDirectCall' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Burst failed to compile the function pointer `Void BurstedBlit(UnityEngine.Color32*, Unity.Mathematics.int4 ByRef, Unity.Mathematics.int4 ByRef, Int32, Int32, UnityEngine.Color32*)`...

This is happening on a MacBook Pro Silicone, and doesn't matter what version of the Unity Editor I use, but I'm currently using 2021.3.17f1, Silicone.

This might be related to Visual Studio - I have two versions installed on this machine, 2019, and 2022. Or maybe it's related to your mom, who knows.

I tried switching Unity versions, uninstalled and reinstalled Unity Editor versions, I tried blowing away the project's Library directory to force rebuilding, no dice! However, if I uninstall the Universal Render Pipeline package (and by default its dependencies), then the project will compile and run just fine. I have not tried uninstalling Visual Studio on this machine, because I'd rather punch myself in the face. The Unity Editor has crashed a number of times in my adventures in trying to solve this issue.

I was able to clone the project onto a different machine (an Intel based MacBook Pro), and using the same version of Unity 021.3.17f1 (but for Intel), the project compiles and runs just fine WITH the Universal Render Pipeline package (and dependancies) installed, and the URP functionality works as expected. This machine only has the community version of Visual Studio (2019 - the one that comes bundled with Unity Editor version installations).

Help me Obi Wan...

2. JongHyoun

JongHyoun

Will u check whether characters are not in English on your project’s path ? Change the characters to English alphabet!