Search Unity

Cryengine now has C# & more!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N1warhead, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Blepharisma

Blepharisma

Having used it for a bit now since it went PWYW:

It's C# implementation would best be summed up as "are you comfortable diving into a random open source C# project and making heavy changes?" ie. if you wouldn't feel comfortable screwing around with DoomBuilder2 or Brainiac Designer or w/e else takes your fancy as a tool to tweak, while on a tight schedule - you're probably going to have a bad time with CryEngine V.

It's good for programmers by trade, but definitely not good for those that aren't.

I like it, but it really isn't quite as "guided" as Unity's C#. CryEngine's C# is quite devoid of a lot of the helper's that exist in Unity and it's new so I've ran into a few issues where I had to add bindings that really should've already been there.

That guiding is a double edge sword though.

Honestly, the only really notable thing about the newer Mono runtime is that lambda captures work reliably (ie. capturing the iterand of a foreach creates the necessary dummy ref automatically - which was a no-go in earlier mono versions where you had to create the dummy ref yourself), but what's different really depends on what you tend to do and how you tend to write.

It really made it clear just how horribly awful Unity's serialization really is though. That really needs to get fixed, because it's just plain broken.

Disclaimer: I did switch over to CryEngine V permanently.

Deleted User and antislash like this.
  2. zenGarden

zenGarden

This is how it is , you don't have prefabs and entities and you don't have C# binding throught the inspector.
    You must write your own updates loops in the main update function and you must manage yourself all entities, i found it confusing. The tutorials are still missing, for example driving navigation and AI or using other specific stuff with C#.
    Still they don't have FBX integrated for rigged characters.

This is not a fast developement suite as Unity and not as user friendly as Unity, you must be an average coder to use CryEngine V C#, and you'll put more time to get results and code the game unlike Unity that is lot more faster. And you don't have all plugins and templates Unity provides (shaders, FMSM, templates games ....) for anyone that get started or need some plugin for some game project to speed up the game creation.
    This is always the same trend, power Vs usability.

N1warhead likes this.
  3. kB11

kB11

I believe I could get used to the engine itself if I worked on a game that required its features/performance. But the complete and utter lack of a clean, comprehensive and up to date documentation (and tutorials) really is a no go for me.

One of the most important reasons I can actually get stuff done in Unity vs. other engines is the great documentation (and the community!). Whether it takes minutes rather than hours to figure stuff out, has a huge impact on productivity.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  4. iamthwee

iamthwee

The more I thought about switching the more I realised it doesn't work for my needs. The good thing about cryengine is its real time global illumination, realtime emission and screen space reflections, and sss.

Basically for me these are just fluff, and it severly impacts on game performance. If you wanna build an outdoor scene, yes you could probably go with this. But the more I got thinking you can still make a game that looks good, and is performant without it being realtime, for eg baked emission planes, and baked reflections (reflection probes).

The cry engine editor will take a lot of getting used to, I'm not sure whether I can invest such time to learning, and yes I have an issue with stuff not being baked.

Overtime I suppose the documention will get better, and cryblend seems to import blend with animations. Also you need to get the humble bundle assets. Unreal has similar problems, it is heavy to load, another learning curve, no c#, this is my biggest issue, and last but not least, unity really is the only GE where you deploy for all platforms, win,mac linux. Unreal you have to download a separate ide for mac and win, good luck with linux! Cryengine AFAIK is windows only.

That's why I stick with unity, who knows in time... things may change. Also, another factor is you need to be a good artist to make these AAA engines shine, I don't think many people have that skillset, and it takes time and dedication to get good at this.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  5. zenGarden

zenGarden

You are wrong or you didn't make enought tests, CryEngine with realtime GI like Svogi is faster than Unity within a detailled populated outdoor game. I doubt you'll get Unity any time running as fast as CryEngine or you are using a 10 years old 3D Card. CryEngine is a lot faster than UE4 also while delivering as good high graphics.

tatoforever likes this.
  6. antislash

antislash

i disagree, it is pretty simple, more simple than unity's one.
    CE problem is, yes, documentation that is being updated though.
    as for assets, the export i more complex than for unity, but i'd say, backing Blespharisma post that the hardest part is the code. While you can make a small game in unity as a one man team, just copying bits of code here and there... it's quite impossible with cryengine as you have to master c++ or c# at a higher level (plus LUA).
    not even talking about shader code, i'm trying to understand how they work and .... wow... very complex, not really like unity where you can bild your own shader easily.... but that's the price of CE 5 impressive performance.

zenGarden and tatoforever like this.
  7. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Hmm... this sounds more like the approach I am used to and am applying to my latest Unity game experiment. Basically not using Component-Based Architecture in Unity (at least to a large degree) and instead use a more straightforward procedural OO approach where I am more directly controlling everything myself.

When I checked out Lumberyard I found it all to be confusing. Way too much stuff to dig through at first glance. Kind of like UE's Editor that comes up looking like you are in control of a space station or something. Maybe later this year I will check out CryEngine itself. Unless it is the same monolithic Editor approach used in UE? If so then I will skip it and not waste the time.

8. tiggus

tiggus

If you're just doing 2D, why bother? I don't say that as a negative, just doesn't seem to be what those engines are suited for.

For all that I nitpick Unity from time to time it is actually pretty decent at 2D these days. I keep dabbling with OpenGL and such directly and it is just too much of a pain to me. You realize if you want to do sprite batching and other techniques you take for granted you have to dive deep into the OpenGL rendering space(for a bit I thought SDL was the answer but turns out it's rendering API kind of sucks and is not widely used, people mainly use it to open a window and get a context and write the rest in OpenGL) and I always end up coming back to Unity, if for nothing more than as a friendly renderer with lots of optimizations.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  9. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

For 2D I settled on Monkey-X. It is a very straightforward language with solid APIs for game dev. My last project and current project are 3D. I find Unity very good for 3D. The only reason I would check into CE is if it possibly made it a little quicker for me to develop games. I kind of doubt it would though at this point after investing so much time into Unity and learning how to bend it to my preferred dev style. I actually find that Unity makes 3D games much easier to develop than it does 2D games. At least for me. 3D games dev in Unity is pretty straightforward. I just always try to make things even more straightforward. ;)

10. tiggus

tiggus

Oh ok my bad, thought you only made 2D games :)

GarBenjamin likes this.
  11. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I have done far more 2D work than 3D. No doubt about it. And I greatly enjoy working on 2D games. Well heck I enjoy working on games period. I approach 3D game dev the same as 2D game dev. I see it all the same basically. The only thing that is mainly true for my work is I just don't spend a huge amount of time on graphics and other AAA style factors. I am only one person so I need to focus on what I think are the important things.

@tiggus I think this will probably clarify my view on it.

12. janpec

janpec

UDK UI was really bad, but i dont see problem with UE4, they cleaned it up nicely, surely it is still heavier than Unity but its barable now at least. Cryengine UI editor on other hand is even worse than UDK, and so is Lumberyard.

13. janpec

janpec

Yeh thats why no matter how many indie funds they launch at Crytek or how free the engine is to use, if there is no community, documentation or maybe even more important tutorials there just wont be large base of indie users. They are kinda throwing their engine to indies without really giving much care for its use as compared to Unity or Epic.

14. antislash

antislash

docs are really the weak point ... and i'm kinda very disapointed crytek members write some VERY good cook books for sale on amazon instead of writing good docs.
    BUT to be fair, they are doing huge efforts on docs and tuts.... just get in the cryengine slack and you'll see that some are doing remarkable efforts, particularly Collin Bishop

15. zenGarden

zenGarden

I agree, the community is not taking off, documentation would need to expand quickly , the small sideWinder game is just thrown at new comers without any effort to explain how the game works step by step because it is not as simple as Unity C#. Until the engine gets some sort of prefabs and code tied to them i am not sure it will attract people.
    I seen lot of C# about GUI, it is no GUI editor ? I can't imagine coding thousand lines to create and manage GUI menu.

The docs are coming too slowly, lot of features are still not covered; Cryteck don't put as much money investment on docs as Epic is doing, i sense Collin is the main "docs guy" only, and i am not sure about incoming docs or templates.
    It feels despite annoucements, nothing has so changed unfortunatelly ? Let's hope they will really work on it and not do like Lumberyard.

16. noorudheen

noorudheen

cry engine is good, AAA, everything..
    but it just sucks at basic things such as exporting a finished game.
    I learned the workflow in 10 days and built a simple level, but not any far than to export it to a standalone!

17. zenGarden

zenGarden

Not only, the framework and editor are far from Unity easy ones, and C# is just interfacing with Cry Framework, while Unity C# framework is open to any plugins or any game genre. It seems CryEngine C# is not taking off and users are still more interested about C++ tutorials.

18. noorudheen

noorudheen

agree,
    but its also yet another fact that beginners are afraid to pop in to cry, but its not that scary. even a simple nice FPS game, is possible without even much coding.just drag and drop..

and the rendering,physics etc.., its truly AAA,
    look at this,sample project which comes in build since cry 3.x

and what if i say, you can just pull out a speed boat in to that beautiful ocean like this and drive it like that.. yes, no scripting, no coding... just drag and drop ... yes, cry engine provides several awesome things out of the box,

Attached Files:

19. Player7

Player7

My first beef with Cryengine was that [f] did not FRAME UP on the selected object.. I dunno wtf they were thinking. It's an engine that pretty much demands industry standard applications like Maya to get anything into it, and that also has the same hotkey. At least Unity uses hotkeys that are pretty standard like [f] to frame up on selected object. Having a built in option to set hotkeys to be mapped similar to competing software works for me.. like zbrush having maya viewport controls.. it just eases the users way into the application.

Also not happy about the workflow of designing a GUI, its a mess I've long since stopped using Flash, dealing with that and its exporting pipeline...its just not developer friendly in that sense, and its long way from indie friendly. It might have been great once, Flash was pretty good for designing ui's... but when both unreal and unity now provide built in ways to design the gui .. albeit unreal being better (an actual effing grid and separate ui view to do it in). Crytek really need to work a built in editor gui designer... though I noticed someone had opened sourced their html5 plugin for cryengine, I kinda hope they pick it up internally and give it full support.

Written documentation/tutorials not progressing as fast I'd like.. though video tutorials have been good and they finally started uploading them all to youtube aswel.

"It seems CryEngine C# is not taking off and users are still more interested about C++ tutorials. "

It's c# support is still in its early stages, its more than could be said for unreal's support of the language, they just ain't interested in c#..I think after unrealscript got replaced with blueprints they swore never to go back to supporting a scripting language again .. silly really, c# has far greater support in the industry not be taken seriously now.. Their game engine already has a serious effing problem with allowing published games to be modded, like Ark for instance, can't make c++ mods and server side enhancements are stuck to using lame blueprints pretty limiting.. while unity could do a S*** of things to improving the editor, games published on it do get alot of outside support simply because the engine does support use c#.. like oxidemod.org/plugins. If unreal engine had c# scripting language support that would be a good plus. Crytek making this jump with supporting c# now will definitely pay off in longterm but yeh does lack tutorial content even c++ tutorials.

20. zenGarden

zenGarden

I agree, if you got skills and patience to learn it, you can go CryEngine, i am lot more at ease today with Unity and for mobile Unity is the tool.

21. elmar1028

elmar1028

Have you tried doing a game there that doesn't use default assets and that is not a first person shooter?

It's really hard importing your own assets into engine let alone utilizing them.

That's what I dislike about CryEngine.

tatoforever likes this.
  22. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yep, it lacks so many things, no prefabs, there is too much that requires code to make simple things , for example many things in Unity are just sounds you drop on the inspector without needing to put the path in the code.
    Or physics initialisation in, CryEngine is something you do by code, in Unity you just drop the physics on the inspector and nothing is required in the code.
    Another point, the shooter example is a too much simplistic example, dare asking Cryteck to bring a complete Tps character game with AI, corners hidding, etc ... all in C# , i don't think this will happen before long time.
    Only few things are exposed to C# on CryEngine, not the whole framework.

But many character AI can be done using Flowgraph instead of coding , but i would preferCryteck to bring C# easy to use character control and AI.

They are stuck with their tools and Maya/3DSMAX pipeline, CryBlend is limited and not so official, i doubt Cryteck will improve and expand the workflow to a more generalized FBX or other universal format, with Unity it's drag and drop.

elmar1028 likes this.
  23. noorudheen

noorudheen

I am not a cry engine advocate, As everyone said, I am also having the opinion of each engine have its own cons, and pros.

but just wanted to let new users thinking of trying to cry,understand that it is not that difficult as they thinks.
    It is definitely worth a try and you will be rewarded for your effort for sure.

look at this underwater effects, and can u imagine achieving even close to it in unity without tons of code?

now, you can just swim up, shoot the humvee with a rocket launcher, and have all the mesh destruction and particle effects, etc etc...(i even heave little to no idea what is all that going on back screen..; no scripting did i done , no coding...!!).

the version i am running is 3.5 released 2 years back, when unity 4 was rolling ...

when can we expect unity, provide few of these built in?..
    not all of it,... at least a satisfactory water shader ?...

in fact, long back, before myself going through this thread, I even raised an open question which most of the things being discussed here,especially relating to rendering and shading,

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1188372/bad-graphics-bad-performace-is-that-all-what-unity.html

what I asked there was what all of us have in mind, some developers admit it some didn't, but deep inside, we all have that very specific question.

of course, unity is brilliant, at least when it comes to cross platform support,
    and practicality from an indie perspective, it is very practical engine.

may be we can say, unity is jack of all trades but master of none.

and We feels like cry engine is more suitable for fps, and the sole reason is that, it is master in that area.

Other genres are not easy , but not impossible, (in real sense, and not like unity saying, AAA is not easy but not impossible :D)
    there are plenty of non fps games built with cry engine out there as well..

but definitely, things are changing, and we are waiting it evolving out from that proprietary taste soon with few indie friendly and cross platform features (yes there was an hype in 2015 , it is gonna support android http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...t_for_Oculus_Android_and_Linux_via_OpenGL.php ), to say unity good bye !

Dheen Doha likes this.
  24. ZJP

ZJP

So it's not good..
    Bye.. :rolleyes:

25. noorudheen

noorudheen

hey, i said

"but definitely, things are changing, and we are waiting it evolving out from that proprietary taste soon with few indie friendly and cross platform features (yes there was an hype in 2015 , it is gonna support android http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...t_for_Oculus_Android_and_Linux_via_OpenGL.php ), to say unity good bye !"

as i told earlier,"but it just sucks at basic things such as exporting a finished game." this doesn't means its not good; but it is not YET practical(for indies atleast)..

there are simple things which makes any software, leave alone game engines, practical,

for example, 1 years or so back unreal engine 4 android build size was huge;

I purchases a license during that time but never used it due to such kind of impracticality,

may be few hundred mbs even for simple games/empty levels;

now the scenario have changed, i am not sure about the exact size, but its somewhere around 30 - 50 mb and there are workarounds to even reduce it further by omitting few libs.

and several such changes are definitely behind the increasing user base of UE4, which you and me witnessing today.

crytek is also heading the same direction, as evident from the words of crytek ceo at gdc 2016.

1. c#, 2. Indie Development Fund 3. pay what you likes licensing model, etc proves it...

I personally didn't believe that, developers at unity are not capable of delivering AAA content or rewriting the engine to accommodate it built in,

but the fact is that, it is the bushiness strategy, to support paid assets and plugins,
    and that is not gonna change, since it is proven successful over these years..

no engine is here for charity,

and do not worry, all of them are heading towards same business model, just wait and see..

cry engine also launched market place along with cry version 5;

only difference is that, unity is following same strategy since beginning, but the other 2 engines in question are realizing this successful model, and adopting it slowly..

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  26. zenGarden

zenGarden

They should improve CryEngine and make it friendly, expose more C# and bring tutorials, create a prefab system, make a editor inspector that allows custom fields editing, make the workflow better, make a one button PC deploy etc ...
    You'll be waiting a lot for those :rolleyes:
    Anyway, it got new amazing features, incredible performance boost, real time Svogi ... CryEngine remains a very strong engine if you are able to understand all C++ and workflow.

About mobile, this is like Unreal 4 , these engines are PC and consoles engines first, Unity is the one for mobile and all plugins you could need. Mobile is only an option with CryEngine, while Unity is always ahead.
    Anyway, CryEngine is strong, scalable, and have a complete fps/tps framework, but it is not suited for beginners and some average users or non C++ people (C# code only covers a very small part of the engine total C++ code).

Brity likes this.
  27. tatoforever

tatoforever

Have you tried CryEngine V? That's exactly what they've done in v5. They added a build-in way to create UI that can even be projected on objects in world space.

28. Player7

Player7

They've said on twitch stream they are working on full FBX implementation animation/multimaterials, I have no reason to doubt them, they already have initial support for FBX model import. Sucks they've only got around to doing these things so late in the game but gotta start somewhere.

...you got more info on this?

29. iamthwee

iamthwee

This thread reminds me I need to check out unreal engine at some point again.

30. noorudheen

noorudheen

I am not the culprit, :)
    its not hosted by me; just shared,

31. Murgilod

Murgilod

If you're sharing it you're advocating piracy, you dingus.

32. noorudheen

noorudheen

never mind dear fungus

33. tatoforever

tatoforever

@noorudheen,
    Please delete those links, it doesn't belong here.

34. Dheen Doha

Dheen Doha

My friend,
    Who told u there is no prefab system with cry engin
    e?

inspecter is called rollup bar overthere,

you cant expect everything the unity style , isnt?? :p

neither can you expect all in c# just because u dont knw cpp..

u will come to know, workflow is simple enough if u ever tried it once atleast..

there are several paid tutorials, at eat3d.com

for example, cryengine cookbook by cry developers.

- this is what noorudheen told before getting baned for posting (sharing)a link to pirated copy of above said ebook and before saying good bye to unity.

35. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Sorry for only posting here to warn about the pirate link, the truth is I was reading everything but when I saw the link I thought I should say something. I was just a douche doing it though since we can just report the post.

Btw, they just released a new version, 5.1, and it has a lot of new things, also, since 5.0 they got this new interface which looks easier to use. They have some many cool things that makes me wanna download and play with like this "Designer", and their terrain tools. I also like the fact that they have a lot of builtin stuff like volumetric clouds, day/night cycle among other things.. but I am too familiar and accustomed with how things works in Unity, components, monobehaviors, start/awake/update, etc, etc - I can't see myself making games another way now.

darkhog likes this.
  36. tatoforever

tatoforever

37. darkhog

darkhog

Yeah, Unity way is the best way currently available. If unity's API and workflow would be transferred to some high-end engine like Unreal or CE, it would be a match made in a heaven.

antislash likes this.
  38. antislash

antislash

sure it would .... thing is one of two engines 'd have to loos it's nice features, one 'd loos its modilarity and ease, the other it's perfs

39. darkhog

darkhog

How it would have to loose it's features/modularity/performance?

40. antislash

antislash

c++ is way faster, and a lot of things being compiled make them faster but non editable as tehy are in unity.
    another example is CE shaders thare are way faster but not easily editable, heavily intricated with c++ code, price of perfs.
    another example, you cant add a behaviour on an object in CE like you do in unity, you have to create an entity by code and add c++(or c# now).. it's faster but harder.
    the engine have been designed initally for opposite purposes : CE comes from a a super optimized and performant game engine, made public. and unity has been designed as a multi purpose engine but nothing heavily optimized.

zenGarden likes this.
  41. Farelle

Farelle

I actually made my bachelor project in cryengine and I have to agree that back then when I used it, it had quite bad documentation and one of the most memorable comments of one of the cryengine devs I have seen was "it's simple, if you know how to use the engine, it works perfectly"...haha.
    Well I'm definitely not gonna use it again, it was crashing alot, the UI is quite cluttered and it felt sluggish....positive sides were that it included many shaders out of the box and had a day night cycle and water coming with it aswell. I hated working with it though :p
    But tbh the guys who made that engine made it for their own games mostly (crysis) and they seemed to pretty much mostly optimize around that specific task, maybe give them some more years time.

here some of the screenshots of what I made with it :)

(wasn't there a spoiler function somewhere?)

42. elmar1028

elmar1028

No cure for textures' visibly repeated pattern I suppose :p

43. Farelle

Farelle

there is :) but back then I just got into 3d modelling and texturing, so my work is kind of newbish XD

44. darkhog

darkhog

C++ can still be an option, you know? For most stuff though C# is fast enough, unless there's a real corner case.

45. indie777

indie777

grow up kids,
    dont be a frog in old well thinking it is the world.
    cry engine is years ahead unity.

46. Ryiah

Ryiah

You're from the CryEngine forums, aren't you? :p

47. Frpmta

Frpmta

Wow, look at all those features!
    And for some reason no one else other than Crytek has made a game with it :D
    CryEngine is what got me interested in game design .
    Considering Unity does not make games, consider all those features plus performance not happening until 2030. We are in 2016 and Unity is still no match for CryEngine 2.

48. Ryiah

Ryiah

49. indie777

indie777

next time think before you talk.
    for people like u who makes pokemon and bubbleshooters, unity is AAAAAA engine.
    few of cry engine AAA titles.can u list atleast 1 AAA game made with unity which matches cryengine graphics.
    CryEngine 3Edit
    Title Year Developer(s) Publisher(s) Platform(s)
    ArcheAge 2013 XL Games XL Games Microsoft Windows
    ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds TBA Polygon Games NHN Microsoft Windows
    Cabal 2 2012 ESTsoft ESTsoft Microsoft Windows
    Civilization Online TBA XL Games 2K Games Microsoft Windows
    Crysis(PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360) 2011 Crytek Frankfurt Electronic Arts PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Crysis 2 2011 Crytek Frankfurt Electronic Arts Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Crysis 3 2013 Crytek Frankfurt Electronic Arts Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Enemy Front 2014 CI Games Bandai Namco Games Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Fibble – Flick 'n' Roll 2012 Crytek Frankfurt Crytek iOS,Android
    God Slayer TBA Changyou.com Changyou.com Microsoft Windows
    Icarus Online TBA WeMade Entertainment WeMade Entertainment Microsoft Windows
    King of Wushu TBA Snail Games Snail Games Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Legend of Yulong 2 TBA Tencent Tencent Microsoft Windows
    Lex Mortis 2015 Denis Esie Denis Esie Microsoft Windows
    Lichdom: Battlemage 2014 Xaviant Xaviant Microsoft Windows
    MechWarrior Online 2013 Piranha Games Infinite Game Publishing Microsoft Windows
    Miscreated TBA Entrada Interactive LLC Entrada Interactive LLC Microsoft Windows
    Monster Hunter Online 2013

Capcom Microsoft Windows

Nexuiz 2012 IllFonic THQ Microsoft Windows,Xbox 360
    Ostrov TBA Whitefox Studios TBA Microsoft Windows
    Panzar 2013 Panzar Studio Panzar Studio Microsoft Windows
    Project Heart and Soul TBA Reach Game Studios TBA Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4
    Project TGO TBA OnNet USA

• OnNet
    • GamesCampus

Microsoft Windows

Resistance and Liberation TBA Resistance and Liberation Development Resistance and Liberation Development Microsoft Windows
    Rise of Nusantara 2016 Palm Studio TBA Microsoft Windows
    Robinsion: The Journey TBA Crytek Frankfurt TBA Microsoft Windows
    Rolling Sun 2015 Merhunes TBA Microsoft Windows
    Shadow of the Eternals TBA Precursor Games

Microsoft Windows,Wii U

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 2013 City Interactive City Interactive Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Snow TBA Poppermost Productions Poppermost Productions Microsoft Windows,OS X,Linux,PlayStation 4
    State of Decay 2013 Undead Labs Microsoft Studios Microsoft Windows,Xbox One,Xbox 360
    The Collectables 2014 Crytek Frankfurt DeNA iOS,Android
    The Cursed Forest 2015

• KPy3O
    • Noostyche

Noostyche Microsoft Windows

The Lost Valley 2015 AndrewDrumov, Sanke Berdochan AndrewDrumov Microsoft Windows
    The Memory of Eldurim TBA Liminal Games Liminal Games Microsoft Windows
    Traction Wars 2017 Traction Wars Team Traction Wars Team Microsoft Windows
    Uayeb TBA Ica Games Ica Games Microsoft Windows
    Ultraworld 2014 Neon Serpent Neon Serpent Microsoft Windows
    Wander 2015 Wander MMO Wander MMO Microsoft Windows
    War of Rights 2015 Campfire Games Campfire Games Microsoft Windows
    Warface 2013 Crytek Kiev

CryEngine (4th generation)Edit
    Title Year Developer(s) Publisher(s) Platform(s)
    Arena of Fate TBA Crytek Black Sea Crytek Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Armored Warfare 2015 Obsidian Entertainment Mail.Ru(Russia),My.com(Worldwide) Microsoft Windows
    BattleCry TBA BattleCry Studios Bethesda Softworks Microsoft Windows
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 2015 The Chinese Room
    SCE Santa Monica Studio Sony Computer Entertainment Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4
    Evolve 2015 Turtle Rock Studios 2K Games Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Homefront: The Revolution 2016 Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Deep Silver Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4, Xbox One, OS X,Linux
    Human Element TBA Robotoki TBA TBA
    Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age TBA Crytek Frankfurt Crytek Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2016 Warhorse Studios Warhorse Studios Microsoft Windows,OS X,Linux,PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Miscreated TBA Entrada Interactive LLC Entrada Interactive LLC Microsoft Windows
    Ryse: Son of Rome 2013 Crytek Frankfurt Microsoft Studios Xbox One,Microsoft Windows
    Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 2016 City Interactive City Interactive Microsoft Windows,PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric 2014 Big Red Button Sega Wii U
    Star Citizen 2016 Cloud Imperium Games Cloud Imperium Games Microsoft Windows,Linux
    Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem TBA WOLCEN Studio WOLCEN Studio Microsoft Windows
    Windwalkers Discontinued Forge Animation Forge Animation Microsoft Windows,OS X,PlayStation 4, Xbox One

50. Ryiah

Ryiah

How about being less rude and belittling? You're clearly from the CryEngine forums, as who else would have a list of games like that practically ready to paste into a post, so I'd like to be the first to welcome you. That said we try to be mature and friendly here.