Search Unity

Crossy Road Made 1 Million With Unity Ads But Where Are They?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by iEpic, Jan 28, 2015.

1. iEpic

iEpic

I was intrigued when I saw that they made 1 million with unity ads so I decided to download crossy road to check out the hype.

I was thinking of implementing it in my game, so I wanted to see how they had it set up.
    The problem is I can't seem to find any unity ads.
    I've downloaded for both Android and iOS and played for about an hour and haven't seen an ad once.

Am I missing something or did they take the Unity Ads out?
    If they did there has to be a reason, and now I am scared to use them.

Anyone else out there see these unity ads??

2. Chris_tyrann

Chris_tyrann

I believe once you die a few times, they give you the option to watch an Ad for x amount of credits. So I guess that entices players to watch the videos since they receive a small in game reward each time they do.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a limit to the amount of videos you can watch per day or something.

3. SIV

SIV

They use it smartly, each xx seconds you can watch an ad and earn coins, the ad is a video ofcaurse and at the end of it you will see "Unity Ads" at the bottom

4. kenlem

kenlem

I tried the IOS version of Crossy Road and didn't see an Ad once. Odd...

5. Mikenseer

Mikenseer

I'm curious if there is a different turnover rate for finished videos vs starting.
    Maybe I have missed documentation but the FAQ states for 1000 "video starts" its ~$6 - $12.
    What about complete views? Clicks?

Doing the math of users vs. "$1million from unityAds" from crossy road, I'm a bit confused.

6. Salazar

Salazar

Hello,

They have more than 10m x 2,5(Google, IOS, Amazon) users , and they are using Unity Ads = ++1m$
    Math is simple, Drive traffic ---> Get Paid.

Dont bother calculating cents down here , its just waste of time.

Regards,

7. Mikenseer

Mikenseer

You make a good point. Details aren't always important, what's important is doing.

In this case its driving traffic. Numbers are arbitrary.

Still curious about the model of video starts, vs views, vs clicks though.

Salazar likes this.
  8. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

UnityAds generates revenue through generating views and traffic from your game, and you get paid on that.

There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated to you as we run different types of campaigns (with different billing points, ie. completed views, clicks or installs).

Our system always selects the best (ie. in terms of money) possible campaigns for your users.

Check out the General Monetization FAQ section for more info:
    http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/Frequently Asked Questions/faq

Salazar likes this.