Search Unity

CrossPlatformInput Deprecated?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by John-B, Jul 6, 2018.

1. John-B

John-B

I reported an issue with CrossPlatformInput and Unity 2018.1, and was told by Unity QA that it has been deprecated and "is no longer compatible with new versions of Unity." I can't find anything about it being deprecated or what, if anything, it's been replaced with. It still shows up in the Assets -> Import Package menu in 2018.1.6f1. What should I be using as a replacement for CrossPlatformInput?

2. Alex_ADEdge

Alex_ADEdge

Digging this up because I ran into the same issues and got stuck on it for a bit and this was the only thread I found with any mention of issues recently (Ive experienced this with 2018.2.1f1 & 2018.2.0f2)

Importing the CrossPlatformInput package brought up several warnings - which seem to have disappeared since I re-imported the CrossPlatformInput package from the store.

Also adding in the MobileSingleStickControl prefab brought up a couple of 'modifications.empty()' errors. Thankfully those are just internal errors, so they wont effect the game running. This error appears to be a long running problem in Unity that still isnt solved. It seems to be an issue with imported prefabs having a canvas component in a child object: https://forum.unity.com/threads/modification-empty-for-prefabs.314239/

But CrossPlatformInput certainly isnt deprecated. Its working fine for me now.

Thanks to those on discord who helped me out.
    Errors were as follows:

3. John-B

John-B

CrossPlatformInput no longer appears to be available in the Asset Store.

turhan-ergene1905 and mari_sklo like this.
  4. hipstercamper

hipstercamper

5. Gametyme

Gametyme

What do we use now?

morepixels and John-B like this.
  6. zisaboy

zisaboy

bjolet, elek and yogsadafal like this.
  7. yogsadafal

yogsadafal

LelandGreen likes this.