Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross platform AR app - need crash course and refresher!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by eco_bach, Dec 6, 2018.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi
    Trying to get some sense of coding requirements for a cross platform, bare bones AR application. By bare bones I mean it will essentially scan some target or logo and make a 3d character or creature 'come to life' . There will be an option to take a selfie and also some type of metrics for tracking app use will be required.

I have built AR apps in the past but this was over a year ago using Vuforia. had huge issues with the extended tracking feature.

Could anyone point me to Unity based courses that will give me the refresher I need?
    If its cross platform does this mean ARkit is out of the question?
    Is there a possibility I can target a WebGL application for the web instead of targeting mobile?

Any feedback welcome!

2. linojon

linojon

If you're willing to create one project but build for various devices / native SDK (versus a single build that runs cross-platform), take a look at our Parkerhill BridgeXR sdk manager for unity. With BridgeXR you create objects that use components from SDK A and then "bridge" the same object to use components from SDK B instead. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/bridgexr-116811