Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cross platform AR app - need crash course and refresher!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by eco_bach, Dec 6, 2018.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi
    Trying to get some sense of coding requirements for a cross platform, bare bones AR application. By bare bones I mean it will essentially scan some target or logo and make a 3d character or creature 'come to life' . There will be an option to take a selfie and also some type of metrics for tracking app use will be required.

I have built AR apps in the past but this was over a year ago using Vuforia. had huge issues with the extended tracking feature.

Could anyone point me to Unity based courses that will give me the refresher I need?
    If its cross platform does this mean ARkit is out of the question?
    Is there a possibility I can target a WebGL application for the web instead of targeting mobile?

Any feedback welcome!

2. linojon

linojon

If you're willing to create one project but build for various devices / native SDK (versus a single build that runs cross-platform), take a look at our Parkerhill BridgeXR sdk manager for unity. With BridgeXR you create objects that use components from SDK A and then "bridge" the same object to use components from SDK B instead. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/bridgexr-116811