Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Critical Missing Feature: Inspector Copy/Paste [RESOLVED]

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by nsxdavid, Aug 29, 2019.

1. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

In the UI overhaul, it seems that the ability to copy/paste values from fields in the inspector has gone missing. Specifically there is no right-click context menu on fields.

I assume this is an oversight.... because this is a critical feature to any workflow. Without that, many common things would be a nightmare... especially when working with complex fields like curves.

David

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

They are not missing, they are on the left click on the ... box on the right. :)

Sans-titre-1.jpg

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Nah, the cog icon has become some dots thats all. Its in the exact same place though, so I knew immediatly where to click. Can understand why it may become confusing but usually if a UI changes I assume things are in the same location until discovering otherwise.

If you mean copying and pasting individual fields, just use ctrl c + ctrl v. Is there a specfic type of field you are unable to copy and paste using the traditional shortcuts?

4. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

Not copy/past component. Copy/Paste fields.

Here it is in 2019.1:

Untitled_Clipping_082919_103643_AM.jpg

Right click on a field, you get a Copy and Paste (at a minimum) in a context menu , with the field highlighted (see white line) to ensure you understand what field you are talking about.

Really important for fields that are complex, like an animation curve:

upload_2019-8-29_10-38-47.png

In 2019.3 there is no right-click contexts menu. You can click a field to highlight it (turns blue) but ctrl-c/ctrl-v does NOT copy and paste the field value:

Screenshot_082919_104125_AM.jpg

5. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

It seems this is no Unity 2019.1 built-in functionality, I just tested it. Do you have perhaps some plugins, like Odin, installed in your project?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  6. nsxdavid

nsxdavid

Yes, I do have Odin in that project. So.... that's an Odin thing? I've used Odin in stuff for so long, I might have lost track of the fact that it's Odin that's doing that. Gonna go check that.