Search Unity

Bug Critical Issues with Color Grading in URP Camera Stacking Making it Entirely Unusable

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by sacb0y, Aug 31, 2020.

1. sacb0y

sacb0y

It turns out there's already an existing issue and fix for this but according to this thats a fix for Unity 2020.2 and for something so critical I'm wondering if this fix will be made for 2019.4? Do LTS versions get fixed for URP glitches like this?

To explain why this is such a critical issue... As an FYI I'm currently using URP 7.3.1 on Unity 2019.4.1f1

upload_2020-8-31_3-35-12.png

In the above example the two characters look completely different because one character is using the base camera and the second is using camera stacking. In the above image the stacked camera has post processing turned off...

upload_2020-8-31_3-38-0.png

When post processing is enabled on the overlayed camera the post processing seems to stack causing an oddly dark image. But also the color grading doesn't seem to affect the character at all, this is because the stacked character has a different volume mask set. So even with the volume mask enabled, the camera is still influenced and the odd stacking occurs.

upload_2020-8-31_3-45-12.png

Setting the volume mask to be the same as the base camera causes the effects to stack once again, causing a weird overblown and high contrast background (ignore the oddly stacked SSAO as a result of HBAO).

I get the same effect if I add post processing for the stacked camera on a different layer.

upload_2020-8-31_4-13-14.png

I also cannot just have post processing on the overlayed camera so i feel like i'm at a loss...

So as this currently works, I cannot use this feature for the purpose I wanted at all. I can tolerate the odd exposure for development needs, but I need to know if this will be fixed at any point for URP versions supported by Unity 2019.4.

And to an extent I expect some limitations but this issue is completely nonsensical.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

3. sacb0y

sacb0y

Ok so it is being fixed, and an update will come out at some point. I guess thats fine.

Hopefully it's not too long cause i have a demo that needs to come out soon.

4. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

5. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

We are currently testing the 7.5 package. Will be out soon with the fix.

sacb0y, Oxeren and Kichang-Kim like this.
  6. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

A month has passed but no patch has come out for URP 8.2.0.

Is URP 8.x abandoned and only 10.x will be supported?

7. sacb0y

sacb0y

It might be a higher version like 8.3 or something.

I had to go from 7.3 to 7.5 to get the fix.

Package manager doesn't always make it clear. But since higher versions are for unity 2020 versions, it's possible they don't since it's not LTS.